The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   sightings and sighted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11472)

Alycone 06-20-2003 01:57 AM

sightings and sighted

I followed a silver to the parking lot at the local Fred Meyer's and caught up with the middle aged male driver inside. When I confirmed that the SVX was his and said I had one too, he said "And..." with a why-are-you-bothering-me expression and turned away. How annoying. :(

Earlier this weekend I was parked on chuckanut when a guy in an old sports car pulled up behind me and got out to stare at my car. I was on the trailhead, but I walked back to my car and he took one look at me and hopped in his car and zoomed off. :confused:

This hasn't been good for my self-confidence.

ensteele 06-20-2003 03:11 AM

Alycone

When were you on Chuckanut? I live only a few miles from there. Call me next time and we can have a mini meet. What trail head were you on?

The guy with the silver one just doesn't know what he has. I guess he thinks that everyone has one! :rolleyes: I guess we are SICK to be so excited to see another SVX somewhere! :D Should have told him that you didn't like silver anyway! ::rolleyes: :D

The other guy probably thought you were going to yell at him for looking at the car instead of boaring him with factc about the SVX and tales of SVXes of the State! :)

(I know this guy just over the hill who owns 4 of these cars!) :eek: :p Yep, he is real sick! :rolleyes

Alycone 06-20-2003 04:54 PM

I took my mother driving up and down Chuckanut on Monday, we ate lunch at some nice fish spot overlooking the water. I stopped at several viewpoints and drove onto the beach at Larrabee park at the boat launch site to get some photos.

I don't remember which spot I saw the guy, but there seemed to be a steep trail heading down toward the water, I was just going on it far enough for a good photo. He was in the way, circling my car. I didn't really want a picture of "SVX and puzzled observer."

I thought about calling you for a mini meet, but didn't want to bug ya. Besides, I already used 3 rolls of film on just my car, imagine how many pictures I would have taken with your 4. Now I'm waiting for all of my film to be developed. :rolleyes:

But I do like silver:( , it's a little annoying to see such a beautiful car belong to someone who's not too enthusiastic about it.

PhatWeasel 08-27-2004 01:41 PM

Gig Harbor Sighting

Last Saturday morning I was visiting a friend who lives on Fox Island in the Gig Harbor area. On my way back, I spotted a Teal/Green just a couple blocks from the FI bridge. Though I'd give a "seen you!" shout.

NapaBavarian 09-03-2004 10:07 PM

You probably looked scarey, like a serial killer or something

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...rian/15190.jpg

Alycone 09-11-2004 07:15 PM

Might as well add on to an old thread:

I saw a red SVX in Eastlake (Seattle) the other day. I've seen it driving around there a few times. This time I left a note about the network. I parked illegally in front of it so the SVXs could be together and the meter maid just shrugged. :)

Peach 09-11-2004 10:31 PM

sightings

I think your enthusiasm is great. Middle aged is 60 right?:D

Alycone 09-13-2004 07:00 PM

If you say so. :p

But where does that leave me?:(

manofmayo 09-13-2004 10:24 PM

fresh out of the womb?

young pup?

:p

Alycone 09-13-2004 11:03 PM

:mad: :( :mad:

joy

manofmayo 09-13-2004 11:49 PM

:( ?

:) :) :)

EddieSVX 09-14-2004 10:26 AM

A few months after I got mine last year, I was driving down Hwy 167 during night time and I spotted some headlights behind me quickly approaching me. I knew it was an SVX because he had his "fog lamps" on, so it made that "2 straight light dots" pattern on each side... It was a dark green one (is it called Ebony or something?) Then he switched over to the right lane and stood side by side for the next few miles until his exit. He gave me a thumbs up and took the exit.

It was great. I know there's people out there who don't feel as passionate about their rides as to want to associate with other owners, but there's also a lot who won't hesitate to let it known they're happy to see another SVX on the road. Those make up for all the others.

:cool:

manofmayo 09-14-2004 04:34 PM

not me.....didn't do it....I swear

actually don't think I've been on Hwy 167 since I got my car (teal)

I've actually given up waving to svx drivers....most of the time the drivers think I'm nuts

they are probably right.

EddieSVX 09-14-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by manofmayo
not me.....didn't do it....I swear

actually don't think I've been on Hwy 167 since I got my car (teal)

I've actually given up waving to svx drivers....most of the time the drivers think I'm nuts

they are probably right.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. The fact that we all own SVX's here means we crossed it over towards the insane side.

:D

Gargoyle 09-15-2004 09:14 AM

I pulled out of work last night.
Twas dark & misting rain, As I go from parking lot to 99 N I look at the car right in front of me & go HEY those tail lights----why hells bells I know those lights. car pulls into the next parking lot up so I pull In beside run down the pas window & say Yo man Nice ride !!!!! after a 1/2 second funny look at why im yellen at him he gets it & big smile comes on his face & he says same & then says Its for sale wanna buy It ?
So I ask some questions. Its a 95 Polo green LSI 113 k. he says its tip top but never did get a straight answer to what he wanted for it , He was more interested in what I thought it may be worth.
Any way I gave him a join card & told him to check out the sight. ( allso told him of the many meets to be found )
So perhaps we shall hear from another NW SVX owner ;)