The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX returns to the East Coast (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33789)

SVX-FF 06-20-2006 09:04 PM

SVX returns to the East Coast

I have been absent for a while with all my packing and prepping for my move. I have spent the last week looking for a house and we have found one. On July 17th I begin my journey home. I will be leaving the Twin Cities. I have no regrets about coming to Minnesota. I really loved my time here. I met some really nice Minnesotans and a Canadian.

Some things took a little getting used to like daylight until 10pm in the summer and only 5pm in the winter. The winters were not bad, I was disappointed in the lack of snow fall amount but glad that it stayed around for the whole winter. The flat, straight roads were a hoot to drive on and the lack of traffic during rush hour was a welcome change. Two years is not enough time to see all of what the Twin Cities has to offer.

I will be returning to Pennsylvania on the 19th of July. My new home will be made in the northern York suburb of Manchester Township. If there is any fellow SVXers that would like to help unload a BIG truck or two :eek: , you are all welcome :D

I hope to have a house warming party by the end of July and will post for those that want to attend. It would be totally cool to see my street lined with SVX's in my new neighborhood. My wife would have a cow. :eek:

Steve

PS. I got crabs this weekend too :eek: :D :p

Hocrest 06-20-2006 09:15 PM

Welcome back.

I'm about an hour north-east of York. If I'm still unemployed by then, I'll gladly help move, you're gonna have beer there? right???

Chiketkd 06-21-2006 06:27 AM

Welcome back to the East Coast Steve! :)

Earthworm 06-21-2006 11:26 AM

Great...another SVX in PA :rolleyes:

Enjoy the journey! :D

Are you still in MN right now?

curly2k3 06-21-2006 03:21 PM

thats a bummer, another MN SVX off the roads... at least this one is still running right. It was a fun B-Day/ Meet, I wish the other meet I tried to get going would have worked out better... oh well I guess... hey not trying to stray off topic to much, but do you still have those injectors? I really would love to get those from you caus I have a bad one... shoot me a PM or somthing, maybe we can still get one more meet together at Uni or something... when are you leaving MN?

Best of luck back in PA.

Chris

SVX-FF 06-22-2006 10:42 PM

First of all If I have some SVXers show up then YES there will be beer.

David I am still in Minnesota until July 16th. I am going to miss the dry summer weather out here.

Yes Chris it is still running. If you want those injectors you better get them quick or they will be packed up :eek:

Steve

gest24 06-22-2006 11:04 PM

Best of luck on the East Side. Haven't been out there in a while.

Suby Fan 06-23-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
I have been absent for a while with all my packing and prepping for my move. I have spent the last week looking for a house and we have found one. On July 17th I begin my journey home. I will be leaving the Twin Cities. I have no regrets about coming to Minnesota. I really loved my time here. I met some really nice Minnesotans and a Canadian.

Some things took a little getting used to like daylight until 10pm in the summer and only 5pm in the winter. The winters were not bad, I was disappointed in the lack of snow fall amount but glad that it stayed around for the whole winter. The flat, straight roads were a hoot to drive on and the lack of traffic during rush hour was a welcome change. Two years is not enough time to see all of what the Twin Cities has to offer.

I will be returning to Pennsylvania on the 19th of July. My new home will be made in the northern York suburb of Manchester Township. If there is any fellow SVXers that would like to help unload a BIG truck or two :eek: , you are all welcome :D

I hope to have a house warming party by the end of July and will post for those that want to attend. It would be totally cool to see my street lined with SVX's in my new neighborhood. My wife would have a cow. :eek:

Steve

PS. I got crabs this weekend too :eek: :D :p

yeaaa you were never here for the winter of 93... or was it 94...i cant remember that would have froze the brotherly love right out of yea! and yes all us minnesooooodans are nice eh?

curly2k3 06-23-2006 08:48 AM

I suppose I will have to make the trek to your place then huh? Is this a trick to get me to help pack and move? JK, yeah, send me over your address and I can run down there and buy em from you, I am getting really good at this moving thing too, I helped my best friend pack up for florida yestarday so... yeah tell me when and where and I will shoot down there and help pack too.

Chris

SubaSteevo 06-23-2006 09:08 AM

Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load s*** into a truck.
-Mitch Hedberg

svxfiles 07-19-2006 07:28 PM

Welcome Home!!!:D
I just got off the phone with Hocrest, and I am sorry I did not see, and was not there for the move.:o
Welcome back to taxes:rolleyes: , twisties:cool: , and turtles:confused: ,

Hey, it rhymes!

green_eyed_lady 07-20-2006 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
...My new home will be made in the northern York suburb of Manchester Township.

I hope to have a house warming party by the end of July and will post for those that want to attend. It would be totally cool to see my street lined with SVX's in my new neighborhood.

According to Mapquest, you're less than 3 hours away from us. :)

The Airport Autocross is July 29th, feel free to "drop by"!

And welcome back to the East!

SVX-FF 07-20-2006 05:52 PM

Thanks guys and gals. I just got Internet hooked up. I still have a long way to go.

I HUGE thanks to Hocrest for helping unload the trucks.

I wish I could make the race on the 29th but the family and I are going to East Stroudsburg to visit my wife's sick grandfather. I will have to catch another one.

Back to unpacking and butting things away.

Steve