The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boo boo on my CAR (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25675)

Conn SVX 04-20-2005 06:33 PM

Boo boo on my CAR

1 Attachment(s)
My sister in law was driving my car on the Mass pike last year, she claims she hit a tool ( a pick axe ) that some road crew left behind in the road or it fell off the truck. Anyway it flew up scrapped the side of the car ( I managed to rub out all the Yellow paint) but when it got to the rear wheel it caught the wheel well. This is the only dammage I have on the car, My Question is how do I fix it without replacing the whoe rear of the car : Autobody suggestion est $600.00

svxcess 04-20-2005 06:43 PM

Any competent body shop should be able to fill and repair this with a flexible body epoxy, designed for soft panels such as bumpers.

When an SUV backed into my front bumper, she put a tear in the bumper about 5" long. It was repaired by the body shop and repainted for less than the cost of the bumper cover alone.

The major cost in your quote is probably for the 3-stage repaint on the pearl color (base white, pearl, and clearcoat) They should be able to mask from the "indented line" that runs the entire width of the bumper and only paint the lower part.

Conn SVX 04-20-2005 06:49 PM

I see you have rare photos in your Locker ( I can't havea Locker ) I have some extreamley rare prototype pictures. I have the original booklets from Subaru before the car came out. I also have the original promo VHS tapes. They show the the XT being used as a mule , they show the 4 or 5 engine designes , they show the fire test of the reat gas tank , did you know the rear seats are actually part of the tank?

ensteele 04-20-2005 07:35 PM

John -

We are working on the lockers, and in the near future, you will be able to have one too. :) We then want to see the pictures that you speak of. :)

SubaSteevo 04-20-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Luciano
My sister in law was driving my car on the Mass pike last year, she claims she hit a tool ( a pick axe ) that some road crew left behind in the road or it fell off the truck. Anyway it flew up scrapped the side of the car ( I managed to rub out all the Yellow paint) but when it got to the rear wheel it caught the wheel well. This is the only dammage I have on the car, My Question is how do I fix it without replacing the whoe rear of the car : Autobody suggestion est $600.00

I'd just see if you could find a used Pearl bumper, shouldn't run you more than around $100

Mr. Pockets 04-20-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

I see you have rare photos in your Locker ( I can't havea Locker ) I have some extreamley rare prototype pictures. I have the original booklets from Subaru before the car came out. I also have the original promo VHS tapes. They show the the XT being used as a mule , they show the 4 or 5 engine designes , they show the fire test of the reat gas tank , did you know the rear seats are actually part of the tank?

Sounds like you're referring to the Road and Track Guide. Neat stuff in there.

Conn SVX 04-21-2005 03:42 AM

No it is a 100 page booklet on the SVX..

Earthworm 04-21-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

No it is a 100 page booklet on the SVX..

Just like the Road and Track guide :D