The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10316)

gcookaustin 04-26-2003 08:54 AM

What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player?

What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player? Has anyone gotten a particular one to work properly? I've tried a few, and they are either not recognized in the CD player, or the player seems to search around a lot and get messed up. I've used a lens cleaner before but to no avail.

tong 04-26-2003 09:15 AM

Almost all i used work great. Mainly the memorex ones. I even used the mini cd-r's and it played them no prob. Haven't found one that didn't play. Try a lens cleaner see if that allows you to play the ones that didn't before.

vzSvx 04-26-2003 09:16 AM

I have used different brands of CDRs and they all worked on mine except the CDRWs...they skip a little. I have an Aiwa MP3 player though, not the stock SVX CD player.

Tim 04-26-2003 09:37 AM

If you have a really fast burner like a 24x, 32x, 48x, or 52x, slow the recording process down to 12-16x. Sometimes the cheaper brand burners dont do a very good job as the speed increases. I've seen that problem a lot, and also make sure you close your cd after the recording process is done.

DavieGravy 04-26-2003 03:29 PM

Either CDRs will paly or they won't. The only difference between brands is that some scratch easier and are more prone to errors from scratching and fingerprints than others.

CDG 04-27-2003 11:40 PM

Do your burnt CDs play anywhere else? i.e. someone elses car deck?
Lets just hope its your Software???

DavieGravy 04-28-2003 01:11 AM

Personally, I was never able to get CDRs to play in the stock SVX player. I've heard of other members having sucess. Me, I decided to say the hec with it and switch out the deck. If cleaning doesn't work, I'd suggest you do the same if it's really that important to you.

huck369 04-28-2003 05:56 AM

I have some that will play and some that won't, the ones that won't are black instead of silver...don't know if that's the reason, but they won't play.:(

Paxton71 04-28-2003 07:58 AM

green CD's won't play

Mine won't play green back CD-R's. That is all I have tried. Skip-0-matic.

Green1995SVX 04-28-2003 08:04 AM

I've had no trouble with any CD-R's. My cd player spits out cd's on really cold days (sub-zero) until the interior has warmed up. That's my only problem.

Mike

sfsvx 04-28-2003 08:51 AM

I use Memorex or TDK and burn them at 48x using a Kanguru burner that was pretty cheap. Both brands work fine in my stock player.

Different players (even of the same brand) seem to like or dislike different brands of CD-Rs and even different brands of burners. A Memorex CD burned in my Kanguru may play fine on my Sony home player but not on your Sony home player. For lots of information on this, check out

www.cdrfaq.org

More info than you'll ever need.

StaceyVX 04-28-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vzSvx
I have used different brands of CDRs and they all worked on mine except the CDRWs...they skip a little.
Yep, I experienced this too. Actually the first time I tried a burned cd ( I forget if it was a CDR or CDRW), it didn't read it at all. I was really bummed because I thought that meant I couldn't play any burned cds. I tried the next day for the hell of it and it worked. :)

SvXit 04-28-2003 11:46 AM

Re: What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player?

Quote:

Originally posted by gcookaustin
What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player? Has anyone gotten a particular one to work properly? I've tried a few, and they are either not recognized in the CD player, or the player seems to search around a lot and get messed up. I've used a lens cleaner before but to no avail.
Have a go at the Memorex Black CD-R's. I use them to make compilation cd's all the time and have heard from more than a few folks that the sound quality is a little better and they work well in systems that don't normally accept CD-R's.

DavieGravy 04-28-2003 11:27 PM

Re: Re: What brands of CD-Rs will work in the SVX player?

Quote:

Originally posted by SvXit
have heard from more than a few folks that the sound quality is a little better
That's a myth by the way. :)
No matter what brand, the same, actually, very similar digital information (0s and 1s) is printed on the CD. So there's no way a noticable variation in sound quality can exist between brands of CDRs.
Looks like people still need to get out of their cassete tape/analog recording mentality. :rolleyes:

Earthworm 05-01-2003 05:26 PM

Mine played CD-R's until the player became too hot then it started to skip/jump around very bad. The area under the unit gets very warm. I found that if I removed the ashtray it lasted a little longer.