The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subaru artwork (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7724)

Landshark 12-22-2002 07:15 PM

Subaru artwork

check it out! cool stuff on here.

http://logos.subaru.com/

Landshark 12-22-2002 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's one i modified in Photochop -

Landshark 12-22-2002 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...and here's my "factory" garage door opener :D

lee 12-22-2002 08:16 PM

Excellent. I had no idea this site existed.

Maybe it's stupid, but I have been wanting to stop by a Subie dealer some day and pick up the small chrome AWD seen on Forresters, etc. so I could put in on the upper right hand side of the trunk.

Now I could get a white or silver AWD in vinyl (black car). if I do, it will be the first "sticker" I ever put on one of my cars.

Seraph 12-22-2002 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
Excellent. I had no idea this site existed.

Maybe it's stupid, but I have been wanting to stop by a Subie dealer some day and pick up the small chrome AWD seen on Forresters, etc. so I could put in on the upper right hand side of the trunk.

Now I could get a white or silver AWD in vinyl (black car). if I do, it will be the first "sticker" I ever put on one of my cars.

I did that a while back. Why pay the dealer 30 bucks when you can DIY it. I have a silver, shiney stickey paper as well for the exterior mods such as this. I have SVX on the sides and AWD on the back now.

L

smerrithew 12-22-2002 09:55 PM

:confused: Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you use the logos to make DIY stickers? Even if you print it on a vinyl sticker, doesn't the ink come off with a rainfall or car wash?

Scott :confused:

Landshark 12-23-2002 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by smerrithew
:confused: Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you use the logos to make DIY stickers? Even if you print it on a vinyl sticker, doesn't the ink come off with a rainfall or car wash?

i don't know about exterior, but i'm going to make a small clear vinyl AWD sticker for the INSIDE of my rear window, above the wiper ;)

lee 12-23-2002 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by smerrithew

I have no idea how it SHOULD be done - so ignorance is not yours alone - I've got it by the boatload. What I expected to do was to use the logo to cut out the design using an exacto knife, in appropriately colored vinyl, then simply affix it to the car.

Seraph 12-23-2002 06:28 PM

Print a mirror image of what you want on the back of the material. take the tape off and slap it on.

Lwin

lee 12-23-2002 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Print a mirror image of what you want on the back of the material. take the tape off and slap it on.

Lwin

Thanks Lwin.

Seraph 12-23-2002 06:57 PM

I'd do a how-to if you can wait a bit -- perhaps later tonight if I can't sleep.

petesvx2 12-23-2002 07:08 PM

when i got the subaru-svx.org stickers from mike, i got them wet, so i had to modify them a little bit. i'll post pics if santa brings a digital camera wednesday morning

smerrithew 12-24-2002 06:32 AM

Good ideas all!
I tend to prefer an inside application so the weather doesn't spoil it over time. The trick is finding vinyl with the adhesive on the wrong(right?) side.
A water application is better than adhesive because it comes off easier, but sometimes the corners start to peel if the sun shrinks the vinyl.
Does any body have advice on preventing this?
Scott.

Seraph 12-24-2002 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the trick is not to stick vinyl but find some other material that would stick. A neighbour of mine just tossed out a huge stack of silver tapes and guess what I did?

Seraph 12-24-2002 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
End product: