The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Birthday present for Electrophil (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32522)

NapaBavarian 04-06-2006 11:58 AM

Birthday present for Electrophil

1- Go to Google

2- Type in the word "Failure"

3- Instead of clicking "Google Search," click "I'm Feeling Lucky."

4- :)

5- Spread the word before the people at Google "fix" it.

Earthworm 04-06-2006 12:07 PM

Funny, the word "Failure" is not found anywhere on that page...even in the source!

mohrds 04-06-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Funny, the word "Failure" is not found anywhere on that page...even in the source!

I assume it is an inside joke at Google.

Bipa 04-06-2006 01:08 PM

Google has been hiding "easter eggs" for a long, long time.
For a while, you'd get one if you tried I'm feeling lucky with "weapons of mass destruction". You'd end up here

Some are cute, like "french military victories" which takes you here

Others aren't quite as nice, which you can see explained in a post here because I just won't type that word out here. It would probably be very upsetting to many Bush supporters so my advice is don't go there unless you are ready to be offended. (the post itself is okay)

Not all are by using that "feeling lucky" button

For a while, a regular search for "where in the world is carmen sandiego" would take you here

There are other jokes out there done by the Google team. After staring at a screen for a while, I can understand how they might go a little crazy at times and decide to have a little fun.

http://www.google.com/googlegulp/index.html (check out frequently asked questions)

And take a closer look at the Google Language Tools under "Use the Google Interface in Your Language". There are a few interesting ones scattered throughout the list, including "Bork! Bork! Bork!" (the Swedish muppet chef), Elmer Fudd, Hacker and even Klingon.

There's more. Have fun searching! :D

Electrophil 04-06-2006 08:43 PM

:D :D Bwa-Ha-Ha!! :D :D

Falling down, and pissing all over myself!!:D :D :D

Thank you for the best present evah!1!1

Electrophil 04-06-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa

Others aren't quite as nice, which you can see explained in a post here because I just won't type that word out here. It would probably be very upsetting to many Bush supporters so my advice is don't go there unless you are ready to be offended. (the post itself is okay)

! :D

Type that word in, and click I feel lucky. A little offense is good for the soul now and then. :)

Bipa 04-07-2006 04:14 AM

Did you check out some of the other videos on that web site? I highly encourange a nice little 10 minute piece by Encyclopedia Brittanica called Despotism. It was made in 1946 but the ideas presented are still valid today. Made me think about some of the countries I've lived in and how they rate on the Democracy/Despot scale.

Another very interesting clip is the testimony of Mr. Curtis, a computer programmer, about how electronic voting could be easily rigged with less than 100 lines of code inserted into the source code. It's only about 12 minutes long and he makes some interesting non-vote related accusations at the end.

Something that I think you might appreciate, Robert, given your engineering background. Raw footage of an actual lecture given at Utah Valley State College 2/1/2006 by Steven E. Jones, a professor of physics at Brigham Young University. He doesn't agree with the official theories of how the WTC collapsed and goes on in great length and detail to prove his theories. I must admit that I only watched the first 45 minutes of this 2hr 14 min lecture but he's got me seriously questioning the official story now. (I always did wonder how any fire could get hot enough... his answer - it didn't get hot enough so look for another reason, like explosives in a controlled demolition.)

There are also a couple of videos about New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina. I found Ninth Ward to be a little too schmaltzy for me (after a while the voice-over got extremely irritating), but Water Has Risen is pretty good.

Earthworm 04-07-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

...about how electronic voting could be easily rigged with less than 100 lines of code inserted into the source code.

It could be done with 1 line of code:

Code:

if (RND>.02) vote(guy1)+=1 else vote(guy2)+=1
This would cause approx 2% of the votes for guy1 to go to guy2 :)

Royal Tiger 04-07-2006 11:25 AM

Oh goody, more stupid WTC conspiracy. Yep, Bush killed 2,400 Americans to piss of the Gore lovers and show how powerful he was. Bipa, have you ever actually been to a warehouse fire in person? I have PERSONALLY seen solid steel I-Beams that you could drive a truck into and not move, bend like string during a fire that didn't have high octane aviation fuel as an accelerant. They proved how the WTC failed on History Channel by exposing the central core design failed under the one senario they didn't consider, a large explosion knocking out the water flow pipes above the fire level and a sudden large hot fire attacking the beams. Once one level began to fall, it was like dominos as the weight on the next level increased exponentially. I guess that was all funded and shoved down the throats of network execs by right wing power brokers on orders by the President.

Landshark 04-07-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
Oh goody, more stupid WTC conspiracy. Yep, Bush killed 2,400 Americans to piss of the Gore lovers and show how powerful he was. Bipa, have you ever actually been to a warehouse fire in person? I have PERSONALLY seen solid steel I-Beams that you could drive a truck into and not move, bend like string during a fire that didn't have high octane aviation fuel as an accelerant. They proved how the WTC failed on History Channel by exposing the central core design failed under the one senario they didn't consider, a large explosion knocking out the water flow pipes above the fire level and a sudden large hot fire attacking the beams. Once one level began to fall, it was like dominos as the weight on the next level increased exponentially. I guess that was all funded and shoved down the throats of network execs by right wing power brokers on orders by the President.

n00000s!!!11!1 it is teh conpiracy by teh Devil Bush to listen to our phone calls!

i think Devil Bush is also in league with Bigfoot and Chuck Norris in an attempt to rule the world from his evil lair hidden in a volcano.

PatrickB 04-07-2006 11:46 AM

google search engine works nothing like i think some people assume that it works.

It does calculation based on words that people link to it. thats what makes it smarter then the next

let say the word bozo never apears on my website but

a masillion ppl link to my site look at this bozo www.patrickb.com

if enough ppl do that i would be the number one bozo on the net according to google.

Bipa 04-07-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark

And how did they explain the 3rd building collapsing with no plane hit and no fuel to act as accelerant? :confused:

Landshark 04-07-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

And how did they explain the 3rd building collapsing with no plane hit and no fuel to act as accelerant? :confused:

another Bush henchman did that.

http://petcaretips.net/Wylie_TNT_City.jpg

Bipa 04-07-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
another Bush henchman did that.

http://petcaretips.net/Wylie_TNT_City.jpg

Hah... I knew there had to be a rational explanation... thanks! :p :D

Chiketkd 04-07-2006 01:08 PM

Since this a seriously belated birthday 'present' thread...

Hope you had a bunch of fun on Feb 15th!

http://www.kzchat.com/gallery/albums...cs/10047/1.jpg

-Chike :D