The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dash buttons don't illuminate (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10668)

sfsvx 05-11-2003 01:34 PM

Dash buttons don't illuminate

The cruise control and rear defog buttons light up to tell me they've been pushed, but the other bulb (the green one that lights up when the headlights are turned on) doesn't come on with the headlights.

I've replaced them with bulbs I know are good, but this didn't help. The green bulbs still didn't come on.

Any ideas what might be causing this anomalous situation?

svxstl 05-11-2003 07:57 PM

Make sure the wire leads on the bulbs are actually hitting the metal connectors on the button assembly. When I replaced mine a few months ago, I had some trouble with this.

Not sure if that helped, but it was worth a shot :)

sfsvx 05-12-2003 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxstl
Make sure the wire leads on the bulbs are actually hitting the metal connectors on the button assembly. When I replaced mine a few months ago, I had some trouble with this.

Not sure if that helped, but it was worth a shot :)

And it's worth a try. Thanks!

gschabel 05-12-2003 01:37 PM

All of mine in that pod are out too.

No illumination when the headlights are on.

Could it be that all the lights are bad, or is there one main connection that might be faulty?

awdsvx 05-12-2003 02:22 PM

Green Illumination

I had the same problem on one of my buttons. My cruise control button did not light up. I found out there is a green light, or L.E.D. light that illumintates it from the back. It is probably burnt out. Had to replace one of those on my sunroof button as well. I think it was $ 5.00 or $ 6 dollars if I remember right at the Subaru Dealer.

awdsvx

svxstl 05-12-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Could it be that all the lights are bad, or is there one main connection that might be faulty?

When I got my car, all the green lights were out. It took me a few weeks of reading the posts on this board to even figure out they were supposed to light up :)

Quote:

I think it was $ 5.00 or $ 6 dollars if I remember right at the Subaru Dealer.
You can get a package of #7219 Micro Lamps (I *think* that's the right number) at Radio Shack for $1.49. There are a ton of posts around on this subject.

driverdave 05-13-2003 11:24 AM

dash lights

I had many lights out in my switches, also....checked out the posts, fixed em all, but my problem is opposite from that of sfsvx.

All my illumination (green) lights now work, but none of the indicator lights work. All the switches function, but no indicator.

If anyone has any thoughts on that (besides the wires on the little bulbs not making good contact), I'd appreciate it.