The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Greater Pittsburgh Mini meet, Mark II (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40726)

Brian 09-12-2007 07:52 PM

Greater Pittsburgh Mini meet, Mark II

When: Sunday, September 23rd. @ 12:00 noon

Where: Chipotlé Mexican Grill in Robinson Twp.

O.K. This is the second half, of the half-successful meet earlier this summer that only Tom, Dianna, and I showed up for. (That was the proposed sequel to the "Pgh Freezeyerassoffandeatmexicanfood Meet)". This date works for Budbaer and Jay SVX, who were interested last time, but couldn't make it.

I'm starting with the origial plan of meeting at a restaurant, then cruising to some scenic spots, like Mt. Washington, for a photo shoot - making sure to take some steep and twisty roads on the way. I'm thinking of breaking w/tradition, and meeting at Chipotlé Mexican Grill off the parkway in Robinson Twp. instead of José & Tony's, if Tom can live with that this one time. ;) The location and time are still flexible and up to debate, though. I'm thinking of starting in early afternoon, like around noon or 1:00 to give plenty of time for stragglers.

JaySVX 09-12-2007 08:00 PM

It's a 6hr drive for me, i was going to make a weekend of it, from philadelphia, and come saturday morning. Could we move to saturdayish by chance? Hanging out all day sunday and then having to drive home starting at 5pm is pretty rough for work monday morning. Just a thought.

Also:

1. JaySVX

Brian 09-12-2007 08:20 PM

As far as I'm concerned, we could start it off on Saturday, the 22nd, then continue on Sunday. I'll have to start work at 5:00 or 7:00 PM though. Maybe this way we could do an urban cruise one day, and a rural cruise the other. When would be a good time for you to start on Saturday?

1. JaySVX
2. Brian

svxfiles 09-12-2007 09:01 PM

Saturday September 22nd is the Subaru Challenge at Ripken Field just norh of Baltimore MD.
And the second day of the 15th Anniversary Meet at Lafayette.

Brian 09-12-2007 09:07 PM

Tom,

I thought the 15th anniversary meet was this coming weekend, the weekend of the 15th! :eek:

And What about Sunday, the 23rd? (I mean except for the fact that the 15th anniversary meet will still be on-going.)

SVXyGirl 09-12-2007 09:49 PM

I won't be able come.

Mike621 09-13-2007 03:58 PM

Thats going to be difficult for me to make it. I have plans already for that weekend. Thanks for the invite though!

Joshua R. Abel 09-15-2007 04:46 PM

Hmm, I may be able to swing by on one of those days to hang out for a little while. I was actually thinking about selling my Subie (I need another box truck for work) maybe someone may know somebody looking for one.
Saturday would probably be better, but earlier Sunday may be do-able as well. I work Sunday evening around 7PM.
Keep me updated,
Joshua/Pitsburgh

Brian 09-19-2007 04:01 PM

At this point, Sunday is still on, but Saturday is looking unlikely. That's because JaySVX probably can't make it. I'm pretty sure Budbaer is a definite. Joshua R Abel and Jeremy91 are maybes. Should we meet at 12:00 or 1:00? If I don't hear anything, I'll say 12:00, because it'll give Joshua more time before he has to go to work.

Joshua R. Abel 09-20-2007 08:28 AM

I may be going to Indianapolis this weekend to buy another box truck, so I most likely am out. I'll post if I can still make Saturday or Sunday. Sorry, work has to come first. At least I can cheer against the Colts.

Brian 09-20-2007 05:50 PM

If you do go to Indianapolis this weekend, you should try to make it to the 15th anniversary meet, which is just a little ways north of there!

Joshua R. Abel 09-21-2007 12:28 PM

If it wasn't a 6.5 hr drive there, then another to get home I'd consider it. I'm sure I'll be eager to just get out of there.

green_eyed_lady 09-25-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 492958)
When: Sunday, September 23rd. @ 12:00 noon

Where: Chipotlé Mexican Grill in Robinson Twp.

O.K. This is the second half, of the half-successful meet earlier this summer that only Tom, Dianna, and I showed up for. (That was the proposed sequel to the "Pgh Freezeyerassoffandeatmexicanfood Meet)".

Brian,

It doesn't look like this one came together for you, but feel free to to join us for the Airport Pumpkin Carve Autocross / Mini-Meet.

And try to get here before everybody else leaves this time. ;)

(But I DID get to finish off that delicious 7-layer dip all by myself!) :lol:

Brian 09-25-2007 08:21 PM

I'll probably be too busy w/Halloween stuff for a trip down your way. Let me know if you have anything going on in November.