The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crunch ..... D@mn Hummer (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34195)

gtdanielgt 07-13-2006 08:36 PM

Crunch ..... D@mn Hummer

Well,

On my lunch break today I was waiting for someone to move their car so I could park in a spot that was open. A hummer that was parked in the handicapped (apparently only for a moment to turn around) decided not to look before he backed out and floored it into the passenger side of my once pristine car. After dealing with his insurance company and setting up a claim for 45 minutes, I had to 'limp' the car back to the office where I managed to take some snazzy pics. It hurts me to look at them.

damage1
damage2
damage3
damage4
damage5
damage6
damage7

Hopefully the insurance company doesn't screw me too bad... :(

SVX-FF 07-13-2006 08:46 PM

Man that sucks. :mad: The pictures do not look to bad and It appears to be very fixable. Make sure that the insurance includes a 4 wheel alignment. That will help determine any hidden damage to the suspension.

Good luck.

I never did like a hummer :eek: (truck):D

Steve

GreenMarine 07-13-2006 08:49 PM

Dude, you got SOOOOOOOOO lucky.... that is an easy fix... Just fine an emerald Green like yours and swap fenders... That easy... Doesn't look like anything else was hurt. DEFINITLY alot better than if he had hit further up front or about 5 feet further back :rolleyes:...

Good luck with the fix!!! :)

gest24 07-13-2006 08:52 PM

Thats why I hate flippin' SUV owners... Jackasses that don't look and aren't aware of other drivers. You should go to his house and burn his hummer... not really tho.

gtdanielgt 07-13-2006 10:47 PM

Well I hope everything works out for the best. Maybe someone on here has a green passenger side fender that I could throw on, to save a little money.
Still hurts to see though... :(

NikFu S. 07-13-2006 11:22 PM

Was the dude sorry or did you give him a piece of your mind or what? When I got hit I was pretty calm and quiet but I think now it's better to be verbal about such things.

Let people know they are stupid so they can start paying attention to what the hell they are doing.

subiedo 07-14-2006 12:37 PM

I almost got it yesterday in my local Safeway lot. Just started to back into a parking slot and some old dude comes flying into it even though he could see me moving in reverse. Not braking immediately would have resulted in a complete "sideswipe". The old goofball had flags , stickers & all kinds of stuff pasted on his windows & all I could feel was sympathy for the state his mind must be in. After giving him a few choice comments, told him if he's in that big a hurry his life must a lot shorter than mine.:(

davew833 07-14-2006 02:54 PM

Be grateful it was just your car. Some punk kid backed over my stepmom in the parking lot at Dairy Queen last month, resulting in a fractured skull and a brain hemorrhage. After two weeks in the ICU and a week in rehab (one of many, I'm sure) she's just starting to talk and eat pureed food again. It was a similar deal-- he jumped in the car with his girlfriend, cranked the stereo, and floored it in reverse without bothering to look behind him. What's more, he had NO license and NO insurance.

No SVX's were involved in this accident, but it does help put things in perspective.

nordique14 07-14-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew833
Be grateful it was just your car. Some punk kid backed over my stepmom in the parking lot at Dairy Queen last month, resulting in a fractured skull and a brain hemorrhage. After two weeks in the ICU and a week in rehab (one of many, I'm sure) she's just starting to talk and eat pureed food again. It was a similar deal-- he jumped in the car with his girlfriend, cranked the stereo, and floored it in reverse without bothering to look behind him. What's more, he had NO license and NO insurance.

No SVX's were involved in this accident, but it does help put things in perspective.

Wow that is terrible. Sorry to hear that. :( Hope she has a speedy recovery. Hopefully the "driver" will not get off with a slap on the wrist.

ensteele 07-14-2006 06:32 PM

Gosh, that is bad! I hope she gets well soon. It is not only SUVs that are a problem, it is the drivers in anything. :o

gtdanielgt 07-14-2006 09:14 PM

Dayle,

If you are reading this... I have a bad feeling the insurance company is going to total her :( . Would you be able to give me receipts for all the stuff I got from you? Thank you sir! :)

lhopp77 07-14-2006 09:32 PM

New Fender

Even if you have to buy a new fender from Subaru, it is one of the parts that is not outrageously expensive. But if you can find the fender of a green one the same year you should get it pretty cheap. It does hurt to see one needlessly damaged, though. And parking lot wrecks are a PITA since they are on private property. :(

Lee

It's Just Eric 07-14-2006 10:35 PM

Man,****TheInsurance.TheyllTotalAnSVXForHavingAWor nOutSeatIfTheyCanGetAwayWithIt
GetAHammerAndASmidgenOfFiller.....GoToHomeDepotAnd BuyASprayGun,Have
ALocalBodyShopMixABitOfPaint,AndSomeClear(ItWontCo stMuchAtAll)
AndPaintTheDamnFenderYourself.TotalCost...2-300BucksAndAFewHoursOfYourTime
IfYouHave1500GritSandpaperAndSomeWater,NoMatterHow BadYouScrewThePaintUpItCanBeFixed.
IfAnythingItllHoldYouOVerTillYouBuyANewFender

gtdanielgt 07-14-2006 11:08 PM

I feel ya Eric. I appreciate your suggestion. Let's see what they have to say once I get a repair estimate. Worst case scenario they total it out, I buy it back and fix it with the money they give me... and maybe have some left over

Jade Dragon 07-15-2006 12:13 AM

DO NOT LET THEM TOTAL IT!!!! they will probably only give you NADA, which is 3,600$. even if you tell them that they are worth more, they will say too bad. i got raped when it came to my car. my car was totaled and we baught it back, but there was no question that they would total the car (T-boned). Anyway, yours is minor enough. tell they you want them to fix it. end of story. if you want to fight them on the value of it. use Ebay, find old sales of SVXs in similar condition and use it as proof that these cars sell for way more than what nada values them at. the insurence company will totally screw you, and you have to fight them.
If my car gets hit again, im gonna tell the insurence company to go to hell and fix my car. Yeah im kinda be-grudened (spelling?) but i will not spend the trouble of swaping another car. anyway... best of luck fighting the insurance company. glad your not beat up.

on a side note. "Stupidity should be a crime, punishable by re-education at idiot's expense"