The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Met a new SVX owner today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9557)

mohrds 03-26-2003 11:56 AM

Met a new SVX owner today

I was walking out to SVX II after a delicious McDonald's Value Meal and a pristine Black 92 SVX rolled in and parked next to me.

I walked over and we chatted for a while. It's only around 60K and in flawless shape (although she said there is some damage on the other side). She's only had the car a few months but has already had the tranny rebuilt :(

She loves her car and I was the first other SVX she saw since she bought it. I told her about the forums so hopefully she will stick her head in to say "Hi"

Its great to be back in an SVX again!!!

Doug

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 12:00 PM

Sure, Doug.

The only thing that car attracted for me was repair bills and funny looks from teenage girls (at least it wasn't teenage boys!) and here you are, day one, meeting SVXtresses! :)

I mentioned to you a few weeks back about the blonde lady in the black SVX westbound on Hwy 20 in Racine the day you saw me eastbound while you were driving your F150. Suppose she's the same lady?

Way to go!

mohrds 03-26-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669
Sure, Doug.

The only thing that car attracted for me was repair bills and funny looks from teenage girls (at least it wasn't teenage boys!) and here you are, day one, meeting SVXtresses! :)

I mentioned to you a few weeks back about the blonde lady in the black SVX westbound on Hwy 20 in Racine the day you saw me eastbound while you were driving your F150. Suppose she's the same lady?

Way to go!

Well, that is possible. She was blonde, very attractive, and driving a Black SVX within a mile or so of where you said you saw her a few weeks back.

You were the one who said that young women seem to be interested in your car :) Your loss, my gain!

Doug

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 12:17 PM

"She was blonde, very attractive"

Well there ya have it. Racine ain't all bad after all is it?:)

Which of the fine Irish restaurants were you visiting might I ask?

mohrds 03-26-2003 12:21 PM

Quote:

Which of the fine Irish restaurants were you visiting might I ask?
Funny. The only beverage I had was Coca-Cola.

Unfortunately, they tend to frown when i come crawling back from lunch instead of walking.

Doug

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 12:38 PM

McMcMcMcDonald's

Irish name? Irish restaurant?

C'mon, Doug, get your mind off of her, she's slowed your processor:D

mohrds 03-26-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

McMcMcMcDonald's

Like you are anyone to talk about keeping one's mind out of the gutter :D

By the way, how's your niece? Does she ever ask about me?

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 12:47 PM

"By the way, how's your niece? Does she ever ask about me?"

Between outbreaks of the giggles:D

Actually she got married to a real nice guy from Switzerland. His brother came to visit at Christmas time with his fiance. They are both "professional" basketball players in Switzerland. Obviously his fiance plays on the ladies' team but looks more like a "super-model". All of 6' tall and all sorts of blonde.

Anyway it never would have worked between you and my niece, she can easily out belch you:D Just like a truck driver!

Chicane 03-26-2003 12:48 PM

Wow. How many people do we have on here from WI???

We should have a meet or something, where we can all bless each others trannies.

mohrds 03-26-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

Between outbreaks of the giggles:D

Always good to know I can count on you for moral support :D

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 01:01 PM

"Always good to know I can count on you for moral support"

Who you callin' moral?!

Let's see, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't sleep around, I don't drive an SVX....Geez, I don't have any vices any more! Hey! Maybe I AM moral?:D

Seraph 03-26-2003 02:03 PM

Did you give her my number? :D

We should not scare the poor woman.

If you are around, hello and welcome to the wacko world of SVXes.

Lwin

Ron Mummert 03-26-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

"Always good to know I can count on you for moral support"

Who you callin' moral?!

Let's see, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't sleep around, I don't drive an SVX....Geez, I don't have any vices any more! Hey! Maybe I AM moral?:D

Hello, John. I've missed your civility around here, even though it's a bit moral. Are you gonna get SVXed again?

Ron (not over-SVXed yet).

MNYPNNY 03-26-2003 08:05 PM

Quote:

McMcMcMcDonald's

Mc is a Scottish prefix......

Sorry for the pettiness......

~~Michelle

lightning_8669 03-27-2003 05:56 AM

"Are you gonna get SVXed again?"

SVXs are, to me, like marriage. Once in a lifetime should be enough. Although there seems to be some bigamists on board here :D

"Mc is a Scottish prefix...... "

I always thought "Mac" was the Scottish prefix. But as I'm of German, Polish and French (in that order) descent I'm not up on the prefix allocation of the Isles.

"Sorry for the pettiness...... "

No apology needed. I like learning things large and small.