The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shapeshifting SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24009)

ThetaReactor 01-23-2005 02:24 PM

Shapeshifting SVX

How does the car do that?

In some shots, the SVX looks long, low, mean as hell. Other times, it looks like a compact. Sometimes the creases on the rear fenders and the side skirts jump out at you, other times it just looks smooth and boring. The rear end looks boxy and generic some days, then like some bad-a$$ Transformer piece the next. Every now and then even the waterfall just shines...

Well, the windows always look pimp-tastic.

Am I the only one who sees this? One day I look outside and see just a somewhat unusual automobile, the next day I'm beaming at the supercar in the driveway.

:D

UberRoo 01-23-2005 04:06 PM

Oh good. I'm not the only one who's lost my marbles.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Tim 01-23-2005 04:29 PM

I know what you're talking about too... It depends on the angle... very strange phenomenon lol.

RojoRocket 01-23-2005 04:56 PM

That's some of Giugiaro's genius at work. ;)

Glenn

I see it too! :eek:

freak customs 01-23-2005 05:07 PM

i'm sure there's a scientific formula or hypothisis for that

SilverSpear 01-24-2005 01:06 AM

guys i also notice one thing annoying me in the SVX... the rear wheel looks smaller than the front one. really! look at your cars and you notice that, I wish we can put an 18" in the back and 17" in the front with the same wheels thickness (like 45 or 35) but we can't because the svx is an AWD car.. but i have another hypothesis in mind: highering the back of the SVX while lowering its front and getting 18" X 8 or 8.5 (my case) in the back and 18" x 7.5 in the front.... what do you suggest?

CigarJohnny 01-24-2005 10:04 AM

I remember thinking the same thing about mine when I had it. Nothing special some days while others I could not take my eyes off of it.

Lost_Thought 01-25-2005 03:22 PM

Not just shape seems to change but size as well, Ill be walking to my car and sometimes it looks as small and wimpy as a miata (not that often) other times (and angles) it looks like a big beefy muscle car. fun stuff perspective.

RASchemel 01-25-2005 03:57 PM

It's nice to know that I'm not insane. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

ThetaReactor 01-26-2005 12:57 AM

It looked positive gorgeous today, rolling up onto that wrecker. Shimmering black paint reflecting the clear winter sky, the taillights catching the sun like prisms...

And when she comes back, she'll live again...

:D

ThetaReactor 03-06-2005 11:59 PM

Just more drooling over my car.

I've become addicted. I usually pull through or back into a parking space. I've started pulling in normally, though.

Why?

Simple. I get turned on walking up to the car. I can spot it a mile away. As I approach, the back end appears behind whatever huge pickup is parked next to me. The spoiler. That sexy little lip on the trunk lid. The wraparound taillight. The fender crease. The exhaust tip. The scant inches of sidewall wrapped around those gorgeous six-spoke rims. The arc of the rear window rising up...

I'm not an ass man, but the rear quarter of my car is simply stunning.

There's no way those lights look half as good on any other color. The contrast with the black is what does it. How do you claret people live like that? How? Don't you wake up every morning thinking, "Man, I wish my SVX was black..."? And Earl, seriously, paint one of them if you have to!

Pardon me, I'm feeling a bit manic at the moment...

[edit- Alright, after brief consideration, you silver guys are alright. Blue's good, too. I stand firm on the inherent flaws of red SVXes/ii and I can't stand any car in green [Jag E-Type excepted].]

I'm gonna go have a drink.

ThetaReactor 03-07-2005 12:23 AM

Hell, this is my thread, I'm gonna spam it up as I see fit.

So I figure we need to figure out the four-wheel steering thing. Once we get that down, we just combine it with the 50/50 AWD, a 6MT with DCCD, some fat, fat anti-roll bars, the Koni/GC combo, and slick rubber. We'll have the most stable car on the road! Whoo!

Seraph 03-07-2005 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ThetaReactor
Hell, this is my thread, I'm gonna spam it up as I see fit.

So I figure we need to figure out the four-wheel steering thing. Once we get that down, we just combine it with the 50/50 AWD, a 6MT with DCCD, some fat, fat anti-roll bars, the Koni/GC combo, and slick rubber. We'll have the most stable car on the road! Whoo!

What do you want to figure out about FWS? That we have it or that we don't have it. Yes we do have it. It's passive FWS. There are only a few Active FWS SVXes in the world.

Check out eddicat's garage for the discussion on this topic. This is been beaten to hell and back more then enough times that it's not worth bringing back. But it sure will be in interesting read for most of you.

Enjoy.

ThetaReactor 03-07-2005 01:23 AM

Actually, I didn't know that anyone had done active 4ws. I'd seen talk of it, but nothing that suggested it had been accomplished.

ThetaReactor 03-07-2005 01:12 PM

While I'm on a roll here...

Anyone ever see an Ebony SVX with a pinstripe? Mine's got a grey double stripe down the side. Am I unique?