The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SVXless no more! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22850)

SEA Sleeper 11-23-2004 06:16 PM

SVXless no more!

I am the proud 3rd owner of a '92 Pearl LS-L. I never thought I'd like this color but it has grown on me so much I can't help but think "damn, what a good looking car" every time I see it. As my room mate told me, it looks very JDM and I like that.

This one is no new car though, ~150K on the odo and plenty of little things to polish up. CV joint, power steering pump, brakes, interior, etc. All of the usuall things to like the finnicky auto belts, wimpy hood struts and very neglected headlights. The interior on this one is quite neglected as well and I am sorry to say that most of the interior pieces (even the carpet) is now spoken for and not for sale. Perhaps I'll bust out the steam cleaner and see if she cleans up well.

However, there are some very good things about this car. It had a B&M cooler installed over 100K ago and is equipped w/ the complete Stebro exhaust kit. Sounds excellent. The only way I can describe the exhaust tone is tasteful. Not too loud, unless you want it to be. There are no check engine lights and the car seems to run like a champ. The EGR valve is stuck open and the car runs like crap when it's cold. ( took "care" of that today :rolleyes: ) I can't wait to make this car a jewel just like my Teal.

So I've named my new car Great White (going along w/ the landshark naming) since it does resemble a shark.

I would promise pictures of this car soon but guys, this baby needs alot of work before I start snapping beauty shots.

I can't wait for the next meet.

I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elliot

Earthworm 11-23-2004 06:19 PM

Congrats.

So how did you "fix" the EGR issue?

SEA Sleeper 11-23-2004 06:29 PM

EGR go bye bye

I disconnected the vacuum hose that comes off of the RH header from the EGR valve and then plugged both ends. The EGR valve is located underneath where the coil wires lead to those three colored connectors on the RH side. Left side when your facing the front of the engine.

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
Congrats.

So how did you "fix" the EGR issue?

seasvx 11-23-2004 08:11 PM

congratulations, sleeper! glad you're whole once again!

WestCoastSVX 11-23-2004 09:05 PM

Finally making it public! :D

Congrats on the new beauty, you'll have it well on its way to where you want it in no time flat!

When you get to the interior switchover, let me know, I have first hand experience in all that and there are a few tricks for saving a lot of time, gaining features, etc. ;)

ensteele 11-23-2004 09:43 PM

Congratulations on your new car. Too bad about your Teal. :)

Ganodda 11-23-2004 10:23 PM

Sweet!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Elliot,

That is Sweet! Pearl White was the other color I really liked on the SVX. I have had mine 2 or 3 weeks now and just Love it! I am trying not to rack too many miles on it. Every time I get behind the wheel (about once or twice per week) I am just stunned with how incredibly awesome this car rides. I took it up to the pass last weekend (photo attached), but the weather wasn't too hot. I did get some good shots down at the waterfront park in Mukilteo.

I tell you, this is just going to be one of those cars that stands out in history... it may take some time, but it will be there.

I love mine. Thanks again for all the tips!!

-Brian

Alycone 11-23-2004 10:29 PM

Congrats on the replacement! :D

RIP teal :(

manofmayo 11-23-2004 10:38 PM

Re: Sweet!

Quote:

Originally posted by Ganodda
Hey Elliot,

That is Sweet! Pearl White was the other color I really liked on the SVX. I have had mine 2 or 3 weeks now and just Love it! I am trying not to rack too many miles on it. Every time I get behind the wheel (about once or twice per week) I am just stunned with how incredibly awesome this car rides. I took it up to the pass last weekend (photo attached), but the weather wasn't too hot. I did get some good shots down at the waterfront park in Mukilteo.

I tell you, this is just going to be one of those cars that stands out in history... it may take some time, but it will be there.

I love mine. Thanks again for all the tips!!

-Brian

Only 2 or 3 times a week?

you mean you drive something else!!!!!!!!

You should be banished! Sheesh!

:rolleyes:

Gt-Four195 11-24-2004 02:30 PM

Don't want to post pics until it's cleaned up? You sound like silverspear. I say he's lying, he still has the teal one!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

SEA Sleeper 11-24-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gt-Four195
Don't want to post pics until it's cleaned up? You sound like silverspear. I say he's lying, he still has the teal one!!!

LOL :D

svxfiles 11-24-2004 06:07 PM

Congratulations, every SVX is special.

ensteele 11-25-2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gt-Four195

I see his teal one every time I go to get in mine. It hurts every time I see it. :(

Gt-Four195 11-29-2004 03:12 PM

It hurt to be in it when it happened :eek: