The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some Help with this Site (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27317)

ensteele 07-13-2005 04:18 PM

Some Help with this Site

I thought I might help some members who are Site or Forum Challanged.

Here is a way that you can read all of the posts and and do it quickly and easily.

After you have read all of the posts, go to the Blue Band at the top that has links titled:
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Select the "Quick Links" and when the drop down menu shows:

Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List

Select "Mark Forums Read"

This will start you out with all of them read.

Next time you log in, go to "New Posts" and only the Posts which are new will show up. When you are done, select the "Quick Links" and then "Mark Forums Read".

If there are quite a few posts to read through, I will click on "New Posts" to check any new ones before marking them read.

I hope this helps some of the members who have not discovered this way of reading the posts. Good luck. :) :)

Earthworm 07-13-2005 04:19 PM

^-------^ (never misses a post) :D

Nice tutorial Earl

philrapoza 08-31-2005 05:18 PM

I am site-challenged...how do you place an ad for sale??

I have a 94 SVX with blown transmission. Can't afford to fix it. Want to sell it for whatever I can get but can't see how to place an add on this site.

immortal_suby 08-31-2005 07:07 PM

Go to the wanted/for sale forum and post there.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

SVXRide 08-31-2005 09:27 PM

does it seem that the site is acting a little flakey lately in the way it's dealing with "new posts"? I've had several instances where I've clicked on the "New Posts" link and only a handful of threads show up. When I go directly into different forums I'll find several threads that have new posts in them since the last time I checked...weird.
-Bill

Hocrest 08-31-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
does it seem that the site is acting a little flakey lately in the way it's dealing with "new posts"? I've had several instances where I've clicked on the "New Posts" link and only a handful of threads show up. When I go directly into different forums I'll find several threads that have new posts in them since the last time I checked...weird.
-Bill

Works fine for me????

Maybe it does that because you are going to get your arse handed to you by me and Ben at the Soobie Challenge :p :D :D

who says the smack talk can't hijack its way into other threads ;)

SVXRide 08-31-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Works fine for me????

Maybe it does that because you are going to get your arse handed to you by me and Ben at the Soobie Challenge :p :D :D

who says the smack talk can't hijack its way into other threads ;)

oh, that's just dang nasty...I may just have to ramp the car up to Bill Stock Level III just for the Subie Challenge :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D
-Bill (seriously considering reclassifying his car to E Prepared just so he can be red flagged for catching up to Dave too quickly on the course.....)

svxxx26 09-04-2005 07:45 PM

Silly question, I know...but...

How do you change the little quote under your user name? I KNOW I've done this before but don't have a clue now. If it's in the user CP I can't find it.

Earthworm 09-06-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxxx26
Silly question, I know...but...

How do you change the little quote under your user name? I KNOW I've done this before but don't have a clue now. If it's in the user CP I can't find it.

It's there in the "Edit Profile" section.

"Custom User Title"

svxxx26 09-06-2005 02:35 PM

OK...went to "Edit Profile".

I have read this page about 10 times and I mean every word...but I ain't seeing it. :confused:

I swear I'm not an idiot... :D

Hocrest 09-06-2005 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I swear I'm not an idiot... :D

:rolleyes: :D

Once you get into "edit Profile", the first text field is for your City and State, next is "CUSTOM USER TITLE", then birth date and home page...

The attached screen shot has the area highlighted...

svxxx26 09-07-2005 03:34 PM

Strange - I'm going to the correct screen, only under the "Optional information..." heading, where yours has the Custom User Title and then the area for Birthdate, mine just starts off with Birthdate. Custom User Title isn't there.

Guess I'm stuck with what I got, hmm? :(

Earthworm 09-07-2005 03:44 PM

I guess we found another "feature" for Chris to look into :D

Hocrest 09-07-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Strange - I'm going to the correct screen, only under the "Optional information..." heading, where yours has the Custom User Title and then the area for Birthdate, mine just starts off with Birthdate. Custom User Title isn't there.

Guess I'm stuck with what I got, hmm? :(

See that... You're NOT an idiot :D:D

svxcess 09-07-2005 05:18 PM

I have the same problem as Hocrest. On the Edit Profile Screen, in the Optional Information section, there is:

Birthdate info, followed by
Homepage URL info, followed by
Instant Messenging info.

I also noticed that some of the newer members don't have this problem (such as fine_lady) I signed into her account and the custom user title is there for her.