The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whose SVX is this? slided into a ditch *video* (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37196)

SSSVX 01-27-2007 10:03 PM

Whose SVX is this? slided into a ditch *video*

*video of an SVX and a tow truck* :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1atOGsvNo

"STOP, STOP, I'M OUT,,,I'M OUT,,,DISCONNECT THE CHAIN!!!" :D

I wonder why when he put in reverse but his rear wheel doesn't spin at all.

Nice pearly though.

NikFu S. 01-27-2007 10:30 PM

Toolnoob56's car.

Sov13t 01-27-2007 10:48 PM

The rear wheels had traction, the front ones didn't? You can see when he starts gaining traction with the front ones, they stop spinning too... poor SVX though :(

Manarius 01-27-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX
I wonder why when he put in reverse but his rear wheel doesn't spin at all.

Nice pearly though.

I wonder if the driveshaft was unable to move.

NikFu S. 01-27-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
I wonder if the driveshaft was unable to move.

Ah. That made sense for about 5 seconds, but the exhaust is lower than, and shielding the driveshaft. :o

His AWD probably does not work, like mine.

Manarius 01-27-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Ah. That made sense for about 5 seconds, but the exhaust is lower than, and shielding the driveshaft. :o

His AWD probably does not work, like mine.

But if the exhaust was pinching the driveshaft....

NikFu S. 01-27-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
But if the exhaust was pinching the driveshaft....

I'm not sure how it could. The driveshaft has a smoother surface, as does the exhaust pipe. I imagine there would be some gnarly metal on metal screeching with the amount of torque that should be going through it.

Sov13t 01-27-2007 11:45 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong... but doesn't the SVX have open differentials thus providing more power to the wheel(s) that have less traction? So, it would explain why the front wheel(s) are spinning while the rear ones aren't...

Also, how can the exhaust pipe pinch the drive shaft? That drive shaft would eat the exhaust pipe for breakfast.

Ricochet 01-28-2007 12:31 AM

was the truck driver trying to rip it in half? what a freaking idiot
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sov13t
thus providing more power to the wheel(s) that have less traction?

that would make them spin even more.

sharky512345 01-28-2007 02:31 AM

that guy sucks at life

NikFu S. 01-28-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Forgive me if I am wrong... but doesn't the SVX have open differentials thus providing more power to the wheel(s) that have less traction? So, it would explain why the front wheel(s) are spinning while the rear ones aren't...

The USDM differentials swap power between left and right. It is possible his rear right wheel was spinning, but there was no evidence of that, and considering the angle, ignoring the fact it was hidden from view, it had plenty of traction.

With the awd solenoids fully engaged in a traction-loss event power is being equally divided front to rear via the "center dif", and again [potentially] unequally divided left and right through front and rears difs to the path of least resistance.

It is possible for two, three, or four wheels to spin. One, if power is not being transferred properly.

DavieGravy 01-28-2007 09:56 AM

I guess he couldn't afford snow tires. :p Either that or his AWD wasn't working. Or maybe he's just an idiot who cant drive like me.:rolleyes:

DavieGravy 01-28-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Forgive me if I am wrong... but doesn't the SVX have open differentials thus providing more power to the wheel(s) that have less traction? So, it would explain why the front wheel(s) are spinning while the rear ones aren't....

Yes, mine behaved the same way last time I got stuck in a parking spot.

immortal_suby 01-28-2007 10:35 AM

First!

His wheels are on backwards - clearly he has no idea what he is doing.

.....both of mine will spin 3 wheels at once on ice. The center diff will send power to the rear and front at the same time if it is working correctly. The rear LSD will send power to both sides. If that does not happen your car is broken!

NikFu S. 01-28-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
His wheels are on backwards - clearly he has no idea what he is doing.

... broken!

Bah I'm never the one to notice that first. D: