The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fall Colors Tour 7 Official Signup!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46275)

WestCoastSVX 09-22-2008 02:59 PM

Fall Colors Tour 7 Official Signup!!!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...our_7_logo.JPG

We just had a great turnout for the Mt. St. Helens drive (14 or so SVXes, most we've had on a tour in a long time!) and I know everyone is itching to do it again before winter sets in. Time to continue the longest running SVX event in the West: Fall Colors Tour!

Join us Saturday, October 11th for a great day of driving and fun.

Following the template set by the Mt. St. Helens tour, the drive itself will be relatively short (about 90 miles one way, 1.5 hours) with plenty of time to relax and socialize at our destination. It will also be a fairly simple, mostly highway route with no complex directions to follow or worries of getting lost from the group if you want to push ahead or hang back a bit.

8:30am - We'll meet up in Monroe, WA at the Fred Meyer there (lots of parking, right on Hwy 2, Starbucks and food inside, gas station in parking lot). 18805 State Route 2 Monroe, WA 98272

9:15am - We'll head east on Hwy 2 and take in some great scenery as we wind through evergreen forests, follow along rivers, and head up and over Stevens Pass. On the east side of the Cascades we should be greeted by lots of fall colors as the leaves begin to turn and give us a perfect entrance into the Bavarian village of Leavenworth, where the famous Oktoberfest will be taking place. The town will be a bit crowded, but for first timers this will be the perfect way to experience Leavenworth, during one of its biggest festivals!

11:00am - Lunch together at Gustav's Restaurant. Unfortunately we couldn't get reservations since it's Oktoberfest, so we are going to try to get there right when they open at 11:00am. For those that will be meeting us there, click the link for directions, but you can't miss it, it's the big onion domed building in the center of town. After lunch, there will be plenty of time to break off and enjoy all the town has to offer.

Depending on interest (and if it's not too late), we can take an alternate "scenic route" home with some more challenging roads and good views as well as an interesting stop at a mountain lake. For those meeting us on the east side of the mountains, you could still do this with us as when we are done we'll be getting back on the highway not too much farther west of Leavenworth. This way, you can at least drive with us as a group part of the day! :)

Please sign up below so we know how many to expect. Thanks!

WestCoastSVX 09-22-2008 03:55 PM

Re: Fall Colors Tour 7 Official Signup!!!

Please sign up below with how many are in your party so we can keep the restaurant up to date with an accurate headcount. Thanks!

1) MacGyver - 3

Turbone 09-22-2008 05:52 PM

1) MacGyver - 3
2) Turbone + 2

mysvxrocks 09-22-2008 06:25 PM

1) MacGyver - 3
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1

Cant wait for the meet! Ive got that day off!

ensteele 09-22-2008 10:33 PM

1) MacGyver - 3
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1
4) ensteele +1

Hondasucks 09-22-2008 11:40 PM

Dagnabbit I think it's too far north for me :( I'd love to! I thought the Mt St Helens run was like, next month... :mad: oh well.. grrr...

FUDDMAN 09-23-2008 07:52 AM

Add Fuddman + 2. Should be fun and hope for better weather this time. :)

mysvxrocks 09-23-2008 08:31 AM

I am... really, really, really, hoping to have some work done by this next meet. So maybe this time my car wont be smoking, lol. Im hoping to have the valve covers reseald, have the power steering line replaced, change the spark plugs/fuel filter/air filter/drive belts/pcv valve, and put on the tranny filter I got from Fuddman. A list of things to do, but it shouldnt take more than a day to complete it all. We shall see, Im hoping to pick up all the parts this weekend!

WestCoastSVX 09-23-2008 09:20 AM

Are the ones with a "+" additional headcount, or does that include yourself? For example, Earl, does +1 mean "Earl + one other person" or does it just mean "One person (you) in your party"? My "- 3" means "3 total in Troy's party". I'm confused! :lol::lol:

1) MacGyver - 3
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1
4) ensteele +1
5) Fuddman + 2

mysvxrocks 09-23-2008 09:43 AM

Yes Troy, for example mine, would be me, plus one other person. You have yourself in the negative :lol::rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 09-23-2008 10:04 AM

:D

1) MacGyver +2
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1
4) ensteele +1
5) Fuddman + 2

ensteele 09-24-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 564983)
Are the ones with a "+" additional headcount, or does that include yourself? For example, Earl, does +1 mean "Earl + one other person" or does it just mean "One person (you) in your party"? My "- 3" means "3 total in Troy's party". I'm confused! :lol::lol:

1) MacGyver - 3
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1
4) ensteele +1
5) Fuddman + 2

You are always confused anyway. :lol:

ensteele +1 is myself and one other person with me. Or, 2 total in the car, or myself plus one other person along for the ride, or ... :rolleyes: :lol:

KVRXS 09-24-2008 10:21 AM

Hi,
Myself plus three. Of course, not in the SVX, unless you don't mind a couple of grumpy passengers at the table. We may just catch up with you in Leavenworth to cut some driving time out of the day. Less driving time means more town time.

Mark, Sher, Joy and Shawn:):):):)

WestCoastSVX 09-24-2008 11:04 AM

1) MacGyver + 2
2) Turbone + 2
3) mysvxrocks +1
4) ensteele +1
5) Fuddman + 2
6) KVRXS + 3

mysvxrocks 09-26-2008 12:07 AM

Well it looks like Ill more than likely be going alone this time. No one wants to come with me...