The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone else buy parts from jrturbosvx and not get them? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61054)

Rod. 12-06-2012 05:32 PM

Anyone else buy parts from jrturbosvx and not get them?

In September, I bought an SVX bra from jrturbosvx and sent him a money order but I never received it. He claimed a buddy who was doing the shipping messed up and that he would take care of it. Still nada.
We then went back and forth by text messages in November (most recently on the 8th) and he was going to refund me, but still nothing. Anyone else have better luck? :(

icingdeath88 12-06-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Anyone else buy parts from jrturbosvx and not get them?

Sadly, you are not the only one: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...t=60473&page=3

processengr 12-06-2012 06:43 PM

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/3417964640.html

Pretty sure this is him...

SVX8588 12-06-2012 06:48 PM

Paypal is your friend! Saved me $50 once when someone didn't refund me for the wrong part after I returned it.

Lookin4SVX 12-06-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by processengr (Post 716983)

That is the number josh told me to call, so I would agree that is the same guy.

I was gonna do a local pickup of some lug nuts and stuff.. but I just won't do business with a guy that scams fellow members. :/

Bohler 12-06-2012 07:22 PM

I dealt with him in person in 2009. He was definitely under the influence of something illegal, unless it was for medical purposes.:rolleyes:

SVX92-97 12-06-2012 10:42 PM

Wow, thats terrible. Ive been texting back and forth with him the past two months, and spoke to him on the phone once, and he seemed like a very cool guy, we talked for about a half hour, about subarus in general and the svx. Im supposed to buy some side window garnishes from him, and just waiting to make a deal. I know he told me he is very busy with his job, and selling tons of svx and subaru parts, and doesnt always have the time to respond right away, but thats way too long, and he needs to clear that up if he wants to maintain any positive reputation on this forum. Best of luck, and if I speak to him, I will mention it to him.

Alex-svx 12-08-2012 03:11 AM

Its sad to read this things. And when its happening in a forums its really sucks.
Becuse you think you share the same inntrest whit the one that sales you the parts.

Sorry to hear but i hope you get your money back.

Turbone 12-13-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod. (Post 716978)
In September, I bought an SVX bra from jrturbosvx and sent him a money order but I never received it. He claimed a buddy who was doing the shipping messed up and that he would take care of it. Still nada.
We then went back and forth by text messages in November (most recently on the 8th) and he was going to refund me, but still nothing. Anyone else have better luck? :(

You have the address to where you sent the money order. If you want you could have the police look into it.

msvx95 12-19-2012 10:38 AM

Sounds like his normal excuse is "OMG my buddy was supposed to ship these out and he must have mixed up the addresses, I'm so sorry!"

Blacky 12-19-2012 10:46 AM

It starts at age 9 with "The dog ate my homework".

kwren 12-20-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92-97 (Post 716992)
Wow, thats terrible. Ive been texting back and forth with him the past two months, and spoke to him on the phone once, and he seemed like a very cool guy, we talked for about a half hour, about subarus in general and the svx. Im supposed to buy some side window garnishes from him, and just waiting to make a deal. I know he told me he is very busy with his job, and selling tons of svx and subaru parts, and doesnt always have the time to respond right away, but thats way too long, and he needs to clear that up if he wants to maintain any positive reputation on this forum. Best of luck, and if I speak to him, I will mention it to him.

All con guys are cool guys!

Some are cool guys and not con guys... Example...
Keith:cool:

Rod. 12-21-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbone (Post 717320)
You have the address to where you sent the money order. If you want you could have the police look into it.

It's bad carma that the crook will have to live with. :rolleyes: