The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Staff Member and new sub-forums (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47355)

RSVX 12-17-2008 12:17 PM

New Staff Member and new sub-forums

First, we all would like to welcome TomsSVX as our newest Moderator. Tom will be overseeing the Mod Mania forum, thus becoming the Mod Mania Mod.:lol:

Tom presented to us a wonderful idea to separate the various modifications into more specific sections to enhance our members abilities to search for and successfully locate exactly what it is that they are looking for.

Second, the new subsections under Mod Mania are in addition to what was already there (Turbo Projects, Supercharged Projects, and ECU Tune Projects) are as follows:

1. Engine Management
2. Proven Engine Enhancements
3. Suspension
4. Wheels / Tires
5. Body Modifications
6. Brake Upgrades
7. Transmission and Drive-train

Tom will, in his free time, try to move the existing threads into their appropriate categories.

In addition to this I will be closing the ability to start new threads in the parent "Mod Mania" forum so that we can begin to populate new topics appropriately. The old threads will be able to continue as the move is in progress.

As always comments and suggestions are welcome.

TomsSVX 12-17-2008 12:26 PM

Re: New Staff Member and new sub-forums

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 577416)
First, we all would like to welcome TomsSVX as our newest Moderator. Tom will be overseeing the Mod Mania forum, thus becoming the Mod Mania Mod.:lol:

Tom presented to us a wonderful idea to separate the various modifications into more specific sections to enhance our members abilities to search for and successfully locate exactly what it is that they are looking for.

Second, the new subsections under Mod Mania are in addition to what was already there (Turbo Projects, Supercharged Projects, and ECU Tune Projects) are as follows:

1. Engine Management
3. Suspension
4. Wheels / Tires
5. Body Modifications
6. Brake Upgrades

Tom will, in his free time, try to move the existing threads into their appropriate categories.

In addition to this I will be closing the ability to start new threads in the parent "Mod Mania" forum so that we can begin to populate new topics appropriately. The old threads will be able to continue as the move is in progress.

Chris, I think it would be wise to leave the parent, "mod mania" section for all other inquiries like interior modifications, electric systems, audio/video systems etc... Just a thought

Tom

Freeman 12-17-2008 12:31 PM

Wow this is fun! I like change, I especially like organized things and really like Tom's input and dedication to the forums. Congrats Tom on the "promotion" lol. Now... I think you should put "Mod Mania Mod" as your title :p lol

SVXdc 12-17-2008 01:22 PM

When you look, I'm sure you'll find there has been a large enough number of threads about audio, video, speakers, nav, and security for that collection to deserve its own sub-forum under Mod Mania.

I recommend adding "other mods" as the catch-all sub-forum. Then go ahead with Chris' idea to prevent new threads in the main mods area. Otherwise you'll be continuously having to move new threads into the correct category when people are too lazy (or inexperienced) to start them in the correct sub-forums.

Oh, and congratulations, Tom! Glad to have you on board as a moderator.

RSVX 12-17-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 577422)
Chris, I think it would be wise to leave the parent, "mod mania" section for all other inquiries like interior modifications, electric systems, audio/video systems etc... Just a thought

Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdc (Post 577435)
When you look, I'm sure you'll find there has been a large enough number of threads about audio, video, speakers, nav, and security for that collection to deserve its own sub-forum under Mod Mania.

I recommend adding "other mods" as the catch-all sub-forum. Then go ahead with Chris' idea to prevent new threads in the main mods area. Otherwise you'll be continuously having to move new threads into the correct category when people are too lazy (or inexperienced) to start them in the correct sub-forums.

I thought I had put an Interior Mod category... odd.

So here is a good question, shall I continue with what looks to be three more sections (Audio/Video/Nav/Security, Interior Mods, and Electrical)? or similar? Holding off on any changes until more people are heard.;)

NikFu S. 12-17-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdc (Post 577435)

I approve of this idea.

TomsSVX 12-17-2008 04:40 PM

the audio/video/navigation would be good. Interior as well... Then leave the parent forum as a catch-all for the rest.

Tom

IceBlade 12-17-2008 05:04 PM

There's no place for car audio.

TomsSVX 12-17-2008 05:30 PM

Also, I ask this, PLEASE, PLEASE, make a thread title that is clear and concise! This way in the event of a search, the person looking will likely find what they need... That is the purpose of the sub-forums in the first place.

Tom

NikFu S. 12-17-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 577484)
Also, I ask this, PLEASE, PLEASE, make a thread title that is clear and concise! This way in the event of a search, the person looking will likely find what they need... That is the purpose of the sub-forums in the first place.

Tom

I also approve of this idea.

RSVX 12-18-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 577472)
the audio/video/navigation would be good. Interior as well... Then leave the parent forum as a catch-all for the rest.

Tom

I will add these two today, and rather than leave the parent open, I will create a catch all to avoid the lazy posters.

RSVX 12-19-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 577416)

1. Engine Management
3. Suspension
4. Wheels / Tires
5. Body Modifications
6. Brake Upgrades

I would like to also add/welcome svxfiles / OT / Old Tom / etc... to the staff, he will carry the same responsibilities that TomsSVX / YT has.

Freeman 12-19-2008 10:10 AM

Horray!!! Lol, I was thinking to myself that the "old man" deserves a "promotion" as well. Also needs something more to fill out his day! Not like he hasn't got a lot to do as it is with me on him constantly about my car but still. Congrats OT (svxfiles)!!!

TomsSVX 12-19-2008 10:41 AM

Congrats Old Dude!!!!:D:D:lol:

tom

Sov13t 12-19-2008 11:05 AM

Congratulations Tom!

Change avatar to the INMPYF hat ;)

-Kirill