The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tonight's Debate (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21960)

SubaSteevo 10-13-2004 09:01 PM

Tonight's Debate

I think it was pretty much even

Discuss....

Mr. Pockets 10-13-2004 09:39 PM

I didn't see much of it because I was working late, but I'm not really concerned. I've made my decision.

GreenMarine 10-13-2004 10:31 PM

didn't watch it... :rolleyes: :D

Shadow248 10-13-2004 11:19 PM

Watched about 15 minutes of it, in that time John Kerry contradicted himself three times. Bush sounded quite angry. That's all.

shelfy 10-13-2004 11:21 PM

watched a little and it further supported my decision, so i turned it off to watched a long anticipated movie i've been wanting to see. :D i gotta be the last liberal to see "fahrenheit 9/11".

Breck SVX 10-14-2004 12:08 AM

'...my wife speaks english better than i do...'
-President of the United States of America

<throwing up smiley face>

-Alex

Royal Tiger 10-14-2004 08:05 AM

Shelfy, I hope you watched it with a certain ammount of skeptisism as much of the material in that trash was "adjusted" and has been proven to be factually incorrect. Just like all his other movies. Bowling for Columbine was so far off it could have been produced by HCI.

RojoRocket 10-14-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
Shelfy, I hope you watched it with a certain ammount of skeptisism as much of the material in that trash was "adjusted" and has been proven to be factually incorrect. Just like all his other movies. Bowling for Columbine was so far off it could have been produced by HCI.
More generalities about "proof of fraud" but no specifics. Spell it out for us dummies please. This kind of statement is being made more and more often, not surprisingly by folks that wouldn't lower themselves to view the "trash" being denigrated. ;)

Glenn

gsodonis 10-14-2004 08:53 AM

www.fahrenhype911.com

Check out this website: http://www.fahrenhype911.com/
This is a counter documentary addressing Michael Moore's masterpiece of fiction.
One interesting excerpt is from a Iraqi war vet who lost both his arm in Iraq. In Moore's film, Moore cuts and pastes parts of his interview with the guy in a way that makes it seem the guy hates Bush and the war effort. In fahrenhype911, the same guy is interviewed and he says that his words were twisted and combined in a way that distorts his views (fraud on Moore's part). He goes on to say that the pain of watching his interview twisted and manipulated hurts him as much as losing both arms.
That is one example of the Moore's POS film. Watching his film without the other for balance is like watching a debate with one debator. You should watch both before you make up your mind.

Mr. Pockets 10-14-2004 09:22 AM

Re: www.fahrenhype911.com

Quote:

Originally posted by gsodonis
Watching his film without the other for balance is like watching a debate with one debator. You should watch both before you make up your mind.
I haven't seen either one of them, but a film that attacks the first hardly creates a 'balance.' Let me ask you this: does it ever admit that Moore got anything right?

shelfy 10-14-2004 10:58 AM

i should have known better than to say anything. :(

SubaSteevo 10-14-2004 12:18 PM

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it."

shelfy 10-14-2004 12:32 PM

besides i only said i was a liberal and that i was finally going to see the film. i never said i was going to buy into everything mr. moore had to say. :rolleyes:

NapaBavarian 10-14-2004 02:03 PM

I don't know who to vote for, they are both right. For instance each canidate says that the other will do a great deal of harm to the country, and they are both right on that point...:(

gsodonis 10-14-2004 02:49 PM

Who wins? Who cares?

Even though I have a preference in this coming election, I don't particularly care who wins; I will cast my vote and that's all I can do. Both candidates are making promises that they cannot keep and ultimately there is no free lunch and someones going to have to pay for it and it will be us, the taxpayers. Will it spell the end of the world (or the American way of life, liberty and the pursuit of hapinees) to half of the US population the morning of November 3rd when their 'favorite' candidate doesn't win? Probably not.
I'm just glad that we can agree to disagree on this forum and stick to the one thing that binds us together, the SVX.