The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More STOLEN SVX's BECAREFUL (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14948)

Cappx 12-09-2003 05:56 PM

More STOLEN SVX's BECAREFUL

Just to let ya all know the night before henryb's SVX was stolen they tried to steal mine but faild cause the battery was dead (thank god). I have not driven it for a couple of weeks. And When I was at the dealer today I heard a 1994 was stolen monday or tuesday night. So that makes 3 cars thus far al in the DURHAM REGION. So protect yourself. Funny enough mine is black too, not sure about the last one that got stolen though. Maybe some has ordered them ??? Anyway keep your eyes open we need to catch these punks. I will not be driving my car for another 2 or 3 weeks so I took out plugs, battery and other stuff just to be safe.

Good luck. Just wish this was the USA then I could stand gaurd with a gun!

Seraph 12-09-2003 06:24 PM

This is not a good news.

I told them I wanted Red SVXes. Just kidding. All in Canada and all black so far. Someone must have ordered them. I say remove the battery at nights. If you have webcam/camcorders with motion detectors, turn them on and point them at the SVX at nights.

Install lowjack. What else?

L

Ron Mummert 12-09-2003 06:53 PM

Come to think of it Earl needed an ebony to complete the set.

Hmmm...

Ron (oh crap, mine's ebony).

SubaSteevo 12-09-2003 07:12 PM

Re: More STOLEN SVX's BECAREFUL

Quote:

Originally posted by Cappx
Just wish this was the USA then I could stand gaurd with a gun!
Do they have rules against crowbars in Canada?

Jimsbaby 12-09-2003 07:31 PM

easy way to protect

do like they did back in the day build a moat around your car and put something in the water for a surprise for the cheap-o that cant just go buy a svx...just remember that u need some kind of way to get out of your moan :confused: good luck with it though

PS. if u see a guy out there with a battery and plugs in hand u know he reads this so shhh lol

Jim

arondale 12-09-2003 08:04 PM

It really stinks to hear what is happening, but really, you only need 3 things to prevent people from stealing your SVX our of your drive way:

1- put it in a garage
2 - get an alarm
3 - get a guard dog like my dog, Havoc

arondale

nordique14 12-09-2003 08:22 PM

maybe the same guy?

1 Attachment(s)
Keep a lookout for the guy in the newpaper clipping. He's the idiot who broke into my brother's car a while back in Pickering. The cops basically told my brother that they have more important things to do than catch some guy breaking into cars. I guess the crooks in the area have figured that out and now feel free to steal stuff whenever they want.

Matt

Jimsbaby 12-09-2003 08:46 PM

hmm thinking

i just got thinking if they only stealing black svxes paint your svx yellow or hot pink

1. so he will not steal it cause its no longer black

2. if he does steal it hes in a svx how common are they to find?

3. how common are hot pink or yellow svxes(love the yellow to white paint that i saw on here)?

just some easy ways to keep him away or caught
:)

Seraph 12-09-2003 10:59 PM

Re: hmm thinking

Quote:

Originally posted by Jimsbaby

2. if he does steal it hes in a svx how common are they to find?

:)

Another thing to be aware of if he/she/they are targeting SVXes only, they have to know the location of SVXes. How? Dealership info or DMV info or just following you back home.

Aredubjay 12-09-2003 11:55 PM

Re: More STOLEN SVX's BECAREFUL

Quote:

Originally posted by Cappx

Good luck. Just wish this was the USA then I could stand gaurd with a gun!

Sit a 6 pack of Lebatts beside the SVX. While the creep is drinking it, sneak up behind him and hit him over the head with a bottle of Moosehead. Those are two Canadian weapons that have incapacitated me, more than once. :D

Seriously, I hope you guys catch the creeps.

CigarJohnny 12-10-2003 06:56 AM

Re: Re: More STOLEN SVX's BECAREFUL

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Sit a 6 pack of Lebatts beside the SVX. While the creep is drinking it, sneak up behind him and hit him over the head with a bottle of Moosehead. Those are two Canadian weapons that have incapacitated me, more than once. :D

Seriously, I hope you guys catch the creeps.

OMG! Too funny!

Seriously though. Any members in that area should simply disable the car at night be removing/unplugging something. Whatever you do don't mention here what you disable. If they are targeting SVXen then they may just be reading this board.

Anti-gun laws? How about a compound bow and some broadhead arrows? I'd almost rather be shot then hit with one of those. Just shoot them in the leg and impale them to the car door. Let the cops take their time in picking them up.

svxfiles 12-10-2003 07:42 AM

theft

It was an accident, I was just strining my bow when it went off! Seriously, you might check out the experimental aircraft crowd, for them this engine is like gold.

Green1995SVX 12-10-2003 08:01 AM

Re: theft

Quote:

Originally posted by svxfiles
It was an accident, I was just strining my bow when it went off! Seriously, you might check out the experimental aircraft crowd, for them this engine is like gold.
I was going to make a suggestion RE the aircraft crowd too.

Mike

Stevebsy 12-10-2003 09:37 AM

Re: Re: theft

I think you're on to something there...

A. BrUn's SVX was stolen last night, bringing the numbers to 3! The thieves MOVED a 2002 Acura out of the way and parked it to steal the SVX. The SVX was seen leaving with a passenger inside. If it was cars they wanted, wouldn't they each take one? Clearly they are only after the SVX.

B. SVX parts are not that valueable. You can get a whole car for $2-3k. The engine is probably the most valueable part followed only by the trans and windshield. Nothing else would bring you over $400-500

C. The boxer configuration is very popular in aircraft due to the size

D. Subaru makes boxer engines

Any EAA (Experimental Aircraft Assosciation) members here? If we could get the word out to EAA people we might have a chance.

Each SVX engine, transmission, and major body part is serial numbered and marked in several spots. We need to get those serial #s to the aircraft people and out here in the open so we can keep a look out for them. Hopefully they will help us.

Perhaps we can get the admin guys to make us a stolen vehicle VIN/description database?

I put the Theft Prevention info in my locker, straight from the FSM:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Stevebsy|13639

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I was going to make a suggestion RE the aircraft crowd too.

Mike

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 11:06 AM

There's a little airport in Mascouche with alot of hand crafted airplane, cesna, etc. I'll go check tonight if a can gather some information on someone building a new plane or fixing it.