The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stereo equipment-Where do you buy from? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30969)

demonsvx 01-18-2006 08:17 PM

Stereo equipment-Where do you buy from?

Where have you bought your stereo equipment from online or local store, prices and selection? Thanks Damian:)

Tim 01-18-2006 08:24 PM

Depends what you want. If you want mainstream stuff like infinity or alpine you can get it locally at any best buy or circuit city.

I bought most of my stuff online just searching for deals and waiting patiently. The amp I got from storage when Adcom moved from NJ to California and they were liquidating overstock. The CDT speakers are components that Lee also uses. They sell normally for 300 but were discounted to 150 for mismatched paint.

If you want the more high end stuff you may want to consider buying online from the factory direct or through internet wholesalers. There are companies that are factory direct only such as RE (Resonant Engineering) eD (Elemental Designs), Cadence, Precision Power, but then again they are more expensive. You usually do get what you pay for. Check out caraudioforums.com and icixsound.com for some good reading and research material.

Good luck :)

Dza 01-18-2006 08:52 PM

Way, way back in the day when they would actually ship to Canada, I had really good experiences with Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com). Still some of the best customer service I've ever recieved.

ensteele 01-18-2006 10:56 PM

I have purchased from Crutchfield as well and have been very happy with their customer service. :)

kuroneko_sama 01-18-2006 11:05 PM

i got both of my basslink x's off of ebay for under 200 each (circuit city charges double that) i find getting top of the line from previous seasons when being cleared out pays off, i got my exad5000 jvc headunit and 12 disk mp3 changer for under $400 through a local audio shop (the headunit sold for like 500 bucks new)

so make sure you price check online before doing the go out and buy at a store

but as i said, places like best buy and such offer great model clearance sales for some great items, plus you can get a 3 year warranty for like 40 bucks (incase an "accident" happens 2 and a half years from now they replace it no questions asked with the current year's equivelant... its how i got my 2 audiobahn amps)

but as it was said its all in the preference on if you want clarity, thump, stealth, features, etc.

i find the trunk and door handles are vibration prone so make sure you do some padding if you go for subs

drivemusicnow 01-18-2006 11:20 PM

hehe, those 150$ deal CDTs also reside in my SVX as well... I really like what eD has been doing recently. There are a LOT of good deals on their website.

anywho, I've found that if you want the most value, but with more risk, but online. Try to listen to a speaker before you buy it though, either in a store, or in another persons car.

biggest thing is set a budget out for what you want to spend, and then find equip that fits in that budget, otherwise you'll end up spending a LOT more money than you wanted tol.

NapaBavarian 01-19-2006 01:48 AM

OOOooooooooo, more CDT users, I've got a few here and there in me VW :)

Seraph 01-19-2006 10:10 AM

If I am putting what I am putting in the car, I get them from digitalww.com

Otherwise, all my other cars have blaupunkt units and I normally get them from Fry's. 2 of my cars have blaupunkt MP72 and MP74 units. 74 Seattle, I paid full price (499.99) and 72 Los Angelese, I got a great deal for 150 (display model).