The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sold the piece of crap (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40566)

saracene 09-02-2007 05:51 AM

Sold the piece of crap

Sold the SVX. My 2nd jap car. Owned an rx7 convertible many years ago. I am an italian car guy. Currently own an alfa 164 and a maserati 425 biturbo intercooled. After having had the misfortune to change the plugs on this car, I am glad its out of my life. Sorry guys but I will stick with my to italian cars. Much easier to work on. Will never buy a jap crap again. Give me an italian any day. Good luck with this enthusiast overrated crap.

crazyhorse 09-02-2007 05:54 AM

well ok then.......

shotking 09-02-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saracene (Post 490797)
Sold the SVX. My 2nd jap car. Owned an rx7 convertible many years ago. I am an italian car guy. Currently own an alfa 164 and a maserati 425 biturbo intercooled. After having had the misfortune to change the plugs on this car, I am glad its out of my life. Sorry guys but I will stick with my to italian cars. Much easier to work on. Will never buy a jap crap again. Give me an italian any day. Good luck with this enthusiast overrated crap.

Wow man you should be ashamed of yourself:mad: First ya come in asking for help because of your money problems, then tell us about your current car collection:barf: and now you want call our cars crap. Good riddance man:ninja:

saracene 09-02-2007 06:21 AM

sold the peice of crap

sorry, but the svx, can not compete with the alfa or the maser. Different league.

Evil One 09-02-2007 06:42 AM

Never could get past the looks of the 164.
Something about "beat with an ugly bat".
And this coming from a guy that has a love affair with the ford pinto :D

Jim

jeffast 09-02-2007 07:15 AM

enjoy your money troubles any pity from any one on this board just dissappeard with this post's title.

94SubieSVX 09-02-2007 07:45 AM

Funny how the SVX was designed by an Italian isn't it?

SubaSteevo 09-02-2007 08:23 AM

I don't think I can comprehend selling a car based on the difficulty of changing the spark plugs. Then again I don't comprehend owning a Maserati and wondering why I'm broke either.

Don't let the door hit ya where the [deity of choice here] split ya!

demonsvx 09-02-2007 08:46 AM

Ive owned a 1992 Subaru Legacy for 10 years now and despite random oil changes and NEVER:eek: changing the transmission fluid just add, The only thing Ive replaced is tires, battery, sparkplugs, and 1 timing belt. Best damn car Ive EVER owned. Sorry it didnt work out for you but to each his own.

techy101 09-02-2007 09:05 AM

http://www.concurringopinions.com/ar...ages/troll.jpg

:lock:

svxcess 09-02-2007 09:25 AM

Looking at the title of the thread (before I read the post) I thought he was talking about his house.

Having owned a 1964 Ferrari 250GT (which was the second most problematic car I have ever owned a 49-car history) I can say that while styling and performance were in the Italians favor, reliability and outrageous maintenance costs far outweighed those factors. Sometimes I waited 2 months to get a simple part to get it back on the road.

The 1986 Maserati Biturbo owned by one of my girlfriends was another horror story. Cracking distribitor caps, overheating, fuel delivery problems. She said "owning this car was like paying someone to rape me .. when I could get raped for free."

Good luck with overcoming your current housing troubles. Neither of the car's you decided to keep are comfortable to sleep in for any length of time.

demonsvx 09-02-2007 09:55 AM

Ill sleep in my Legacy anyday and drive it anywhere with it having 207k miles on it. About time for its annual oil change as it gets BETTER gas mileage when the oil gets old(about 30mpg) original plug wires, alternator, fuel filter, and check engine light ON the whole time Ive owned it. It has never left me stranded other than the timing belt. Low maintenance as I use "If it aint broke dont fix it" theory:lol: The SVX is also relaible after the tranny swap and "minor" problems it has that are easily fixed because of the information posted here. THIS IS THE BEST CAR COMMUNITY ON THE WEB BAR NONE. Dont come here expecting help and then slap everyone in the face because you cant fix your car. Good luck with your "exotic" italian spaghetti crap. Arrivederci

SVXyGirl 09-02-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 490818)
The 1986 Maserati Biturbo owned by one of my girlfriends was another horror story. Cracking distribitor caps, overheating, fuel delivery problems.

I almost got a Maserati Biturbo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 490818)
She said "owning this car was like paying someone to rape me .. when I could get raped for free.

Exactly why I didn't get it. :lol:

Saracene,
I hope you enjoy your anti-christ raping machine. :D

wawazat?? 09-02-2007 10:17 AM

Ibtl...

Well, thanks for your replies all.

Nothing more to see here. Move along.

RSVX 09-02-2007 10:20 AM

:spam: :lock: :spam: :lock: