The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I could use a bit of help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36938)

etz bseder 01-12-2007 07:12 PM

I could use a bit of help

I am going to be replacing my rear speaker shelf, and was wondering what the easiest/quickest way of removing it to be replaced would be.

I also am having a problem with my rear wiper moter. It tries to move the wiper but can only just barely nudge it. I need to know if there is a problem with a fuse or just that the moter is dead and i have to replace it. In that case I am going to have to purchase one and get a little help on how to replace it.

SomethingElse 01-12-2007 07:16 PM

you gotta pull the bottom rear seat out and pull the rear trim panels off then remove a screw on each side and pull the shelf out towards the front of the car.

try to tighten the nut on the rear wiper before you replace it. mine was loose when i first got it.

etz bseder 01-12-2007 07:55 PM

Thanks, but where is that nut located, what should i be looking for?

SomethingElse 01-12-2007 08:19 PM

at the base of the wiper theres a cover, pull up on it and put a 10 or a 12 mm socket on it and make sure its tight b4 you throw parts at it.

ensteele 01-12-2007 09:54 PM

If that doesn't fix it, it is probably the motor. I hope not. :)

etz bseder 01-12-2007 10:41 PM

I'll get on doing all these things when the weather makes it tolerable to work on my car. btw, the rear fluid isn't working either, is there an easy way of fixing that ??

Landshark 01-12-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse
you gotta pull the bottom rear seat out and pull the rear trim panels off then remove a screw on each side and pull the shelf out towards the front of the car.

try to tighten the nut on the rear wiper before you replace it. mine was loose when i first got it.

excellent advice!!!!

had the same problem on my Porsche, took the motor and gearbox (complicated pantograph setup :mad: ) apart, only to find the nut holding the wiper arm to the base of the windshield was loose. :rolleyes:

etz bseder 01-13-2007 12:19 PM

yay

that fixed my wiper arm, but i am in need of a spaker shelf, and still am trying to figure out how to fix the rear wiper fluid sprayer. the tank is full, but there isn't any spray or leaks.

SVXRide 01-13-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etz bseder
that fixed my wiper arm, but i am in need of a spaker shelf, and still am trying to figure out how to fix the rear wiper fluid sprayer. the tank is full, but there isn't any spray or leaks.

Check to make sure you're getting power to the pump for the tank.
-Bill

etz bseder 01-13-2007 12:58 PM

How would i go about doing that?, i have no idea where to look, but i will have the speaker shelf off soon to replace it.