The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Axeman Got Me (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50206)

LarryIII 05-11-2009 04:56 AM

The Axeman Got Me

I was laid off from work last week and Friday was my last day. So I'm starting to look for a mechanical engineering position in the Philaadelphia area. I never had a summer 'off' since I was 15, and that was many, many years ago. I just deleted my work e-mail from my sinature. Wish me luck in finding a job.

Momma may have to not get new shoes for a while.:p

LetItSnow 05-11-2009 05:06 AM

Re: The Axeman Got Me

Ah, you're one of us now. :(

Good luck with the search. ;)

SilverSpear 05-11-2009 05:32 AM

Tough luck Larry...

You guys should apply to Dubai (Middle East).

Interested?

RSVX 05-11-2009 05:48 AM

OH NO! Best of luck Larry!

Tim 05-11-2009 06:44 AM

Good luck sir. I have been looking since January. Hoping for good results on my interview today.

SilverSpear 05-11-2009 08:08 AM

Good Luck TIM

subeman90 05-11-2009 08:35 AM

good luck to all of you!

take the summer off Larry, you deserve it.

Mike621 05-11-2009 10:41 AM

:( Good Luck Larry. Sorry to hear about this. It seems to be the case for many these days.

Earthworm 05-11-2009 08:05 PM

Good luck Larry...definitely not a choice birthday present.

Got a bit of a scare myself today...they were reading off names like bingo numbers. Fortunately I was not one of those named.

Ron Mummert 05-11-2009 08:51 PM

Larry - You're SIXTY FIVE! H-E-L-L-O!! Go grab that "freebie" from the gov'mint while there's still a few sheckels left in the dwindling grab bag. You too can live the life of a carefree bon vivant, like me. :lol:

Ron - (Waddaya' mean there ain't be no COLA next year!?!? I'm gettin' sick o' cat food!)

ensteele 05-11-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm (Post 600965)
Good luck Larry...definitely not a choice birthday present.

Got a bit of a scare myself today...they were reading off names like bingo numbers. Fortunately I was not one of those named.

One time you don't want to cry out BINGO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ensteele 05-11-2009 09:47 PM

Sorry to hear that Larry! Good luck with the hunt! :)

RSVX 05-12-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert (Post 600970)
Larry - You're SIXTY FIVE! H-E-L-L-O!! Go grab that "freebie" from the gov'mint while there's still a few sheckels left in the dwindling grab bag. You too can live the life of a carefree bon vivant, like me. :lol:

Ron - (Waddaya' mean there ain't be no COLA next year!?!? I'm gettin' sick o' cat food!)

You know as well as the rest of us that his wifes shoe addiction cannot be supported by the gubment cheese alone.:lol:

svxistentialist 05-12-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 600864)
I was laid off from work last week and Friday was my last day. So I'm starting to look for a mechanical engineering position in the Philaadelphia area. I never had a summer 'off' since I was 15, and that was many, many years ago. I just deleted my work e-mail from my sinature. Wish me luck in finding a job.

Momma may have to not get new shoes for a while.:p

Sorry to hear that Larry. I've been off work here since March, the main reason I had to forget about attending Reading.

I hope something comes up soon for you.

Joe ;)

crazyhorse 05-12-2009 06:13 PM

I can relate Larry, I was out of work for a year after losing my job last feb. I just found a new job last week. The market is tough, get your boxing gloves out. I'll pray for ya.