The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rally Graphics for the SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=859)

carpedick 07-12-2001 09:58 PM

Rally Graphics for the SVX

Hey guys check out my personal locker, and let me know what you think of the additions to the SVX.

Aredubjay 07-12-2001 10:04 PM

Re: Rally Graphics for the SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by carpedick
Hey guys check out my personal locker, and let me know what you think of the additions to the SVX.
I think I hope that's photoshop. :eek:

oneothefewproud 07-12-2001 10:41 PM

Not to be hyper critical here. But dude take that off. I hope you didnt puay much for it. You asked man.

If you like it then more power to ya.

Caio
Wayne

halistan 07-13-2001 06:06 AM

Sweet decepticon symbol

I can't say i'm real big on the subaru graphics but i LOVE the decepticon symbol!!! I have an autobot symbol, about that same size that is going to go (as soon as i get around to putting it on) onto the inside windsheild next to the rear view mirror. I have a barcelona red SVX, so it matches....i'll put up a pick when i get a chance.

~Ray

svxxx26 07-13-2001 06:53 AM

Quote:

DELETE THE ADDITIONS!!! :eek:

EveryShadeofBlue 07-13-2001 08:55 AM

EEEK!

Can't say I like the rally graphics and such on a $30,000 luxury touring coupe...maybe a Civic...but to each his own. I actually know a guy who's car is 10 times worse than that. He has a GRAN TURISMO thing on his hood in bright yellow (his car is green). He even has stickers on the seat. And here's the worst part... cover your eyes if you are sensitive... he put one of those "TYPE R" badges on the back! It looks just plain awful. I am going to try and get pictures next time I see him so everyone can have a good laugh. It's a travesty to witness.

Jeff

picklesbitch 07-13-2001 09:07 AM

Quote:

If you like it, great. It's not what I would do, but you and I are two different people. One question/comment though. Are you really selling your car? If so, you need to realize that the graphics will decrease the number of potential buyers. Not because of the style, it's just that many people don't have what it takes inside them to draw the extra attention to themselves. Custom cars draw more money, but they are harder to find a buyer for.

SVXphile 07-13-2001 09:15 AM

Something is missing...

Needs a wing.....a BIG wing....a biplane wing.....orange.....INTERNATIONAL SIGNAL ORANGE....:) Don

carpedick 07-13-2001 09:50 AM

Yeah, I'm going to see about how the responses go with the graphics on the side. If no one is interested, they're easily removed with a little fingernail time and some adhesive remover. Anyways, I thought that adding that little bit to the side would make it more likely to be sold to a little rice rocketeer, of which we seem to have so many in Sacramento. =)

Red SVX 92 07-13-2001 06:08 PM

Wow.... now I really wanna see your car, carpe! I have a hunch that you could remove those with the click of a mouse..... :D

Funny, are you sure there are that many rocketeers around here? I barely see any of them... None of them drive like it :D

Just today, I was in a rush to get somewhere... Imagine my surprise when a Lexus IS300 seemed to be accelerating almost as fast as I was.... I'll never know if we was trying to race me... It'd be an interesting match, though... Anyone know the specs on that car? (HP/Torque/curb weight/Front-Rear wheel drive)

SVXphile 07-13-2001 06:24 PM

IS300

Red,
IS300....front engine/rear drive....3 liter inline six....215hp at 5800...218 foot/pounds of torque...(more hp than 328i or A4 2.8)....0-60 in 7.1 with automatic...shift buttons on steering wheel....stick not available until next year...

Don

Red SVX 92 07-13-2001 08:05 PM

Thanks, Don! My guess, then, is that he wasn't really racing, just driving normally like me! :D Otherwise, he would have blown by me, since I hadn't hit full throttle. Impressive car, indeed, even if it doesn't have the typical Lexus luxury look.

Seraph 07-14-2001 01:00 PM

I am hoping these are not perm. Damn. I am not going to say U.G.L.Y. but damn, please be nice to the SVX and take them off. But then again, I am into plain look. The more stock it looks, the more the guy next to you will think yoiu have nothing under the hood. I love surprise attacks.
Lwin:D

eddycat2000 07-14-2001 01:36 PM

I don't think it looks all that bad. It's not something I would do, but there's no accounting for taste. I might do a subtle gold pinstripe one day, just enough to accentuate the lines of the car.

Besides, some people have to have graphics, and some people have to have AWS!:D :D :D To each his own.

CGLathrop 07-15-2001 08:07 AM

Well....

If it wasnt so... bright... If it was just a shade or two off the color of the car so that it didnt stick out so much.. then.. I might like it.

My $.02