The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   your favorite svx feature ? poll (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11270)

solarsvx 06-10-2003 02:30 PM

your favorite svx feature ? poll

what is the best and most admirable feature of your svx .u can only choose one.

solarsvx 06-10-2003 02:34 PM

dammmit i misspelled transmission, grrrr !!!!

Andy 06-10-2003 02:41 PM

Other

The driver
:D :D :D

ensteele 06-10-2003 02:44 PM

If you can't buy one, it doesn't make much difference what you like. I like the price! Then comes the unique design. :) :)

Chicane 06-10-2003 02:53 PM

Right now I'm going to say interior. The engine, while smooth, reliable, and overall a great engine, could use a few more horses. The transmission......HAHAHAhaHAHAHhAhHAh. The suspension: Could be firmed up a bit. The design? Looks good. A close 2nd. The windows? THey're alright but I don't think they 'make' the SVX. The AWD? A nice feature, but I know other marques probably have better systems out by now.

What's great is I was at a gas station with a 3000GT, and a Xj12 jag. I peeked in the windows. MAN, I love my SVX. The mitsu just looked like cheap plastic (reminded me of my earlier car). The Jag had REALLY cheap looking carpet and doors, with some nice wood to make it 'luxurious'. HA!

The SVX has one of the nicest interiors I've ever seen, and cup holders be damned. :D

- Rob

JLittell 06-10-2003 02:54 PM

I think that the SVX is a piece of ****!!:D :D Interior for me! Maybe take off 800 lbs off the total weight of the car.

solarsvx 06-10-2003 02:55 PM

i think value and design for me,

Pure_Insanity8 06-10-2003 04:41 PM

Yeah, I too voted design. I include the windows as part of the design, though. The interior is pretty cool... except the cheap plastic "wood" and the damn dash reflection on the windshield (I hate that). Engine is solid, but like Rob said, not enough power. AWD, also solid, but lots of other car options with it nowadays. Tranny... worst area of the SVX... no options... not designed properly for the car. Thank God that manual swaps are an option now.

I really think that the SVX doesn't have the "best" of anything compared to what else is out there... but I think most areas are pretty darn good... and the combination of these are what make the SVX so great. I mean, others cars will be faster but not handle as well... or just be plain ugly if performance is superior in every way...or be 2WD... etc. Even if another car is superior in about every area (like an S4)... does it have the uniquness (could have been a good poll option) or unique style that sets it apart and that most people would never guess is over a decade old?

This sucker is just plain old cool!:D

I'd still love an S4, though.:D

Chicane 06-10-2003 05:02 PM

I think an SVX with a 6spd, stiffer suspension, and modded engine (turbo or not) would woop the crap out of any audi. :)

- Rob

Landshark 06-10-2003 05:38 PM

other: value for the money :)

i think the interior may have been a factor in my purchase - its pretty cool!

since you had tranny and headlights on the list, why weren't brakes and wheel bearings added? :p

the SVX is kind of a jack of all trades, but master of none. its strongest feature may be its styling - even then you either love it or hate it.

Landshark 06-10-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I think an SVX with a 6spd, stiffer suspension, and modded engine (turbo or not) would woop the crap out of any audi. :)

- Rob

except an RS6. :p thats a sick car!

Pure_Insanity8 06-10-2003 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
other: value for the money :)

i think the interior may have been a factor in my purchase - its pretty cool!

since you had tranny and headlights on the list, why weren't brakes and wheel bearings added? :p

the SVX is kind of a jack of all trades, but master of none. its strongest feature may be its styling - even then you either love it or hate it.

Well put. That's exactly what I was trying to say... only no where near as concise and dead on.:D

I vote warped rotors and bad wheel bearings... those are my favorite... next to yellowed headlights.:D

I'm definitely a "love it" guy... I don't get it when people say they don't like or, "it's OK... what's with the windows? They're stupid.":mad:

Pure_Insanity8 06-10-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

- Rob

Many, yes. Over 500 ponies is easilly possible with an S4... and like Alan said, that RS6 is a force to be reckoned with.

Only problem is, we need to have a 6 spd, better handling, juiced up SVX out on the road before we can compare. Hopefully your statement will come to fruition. Still won't take any Audi, though, unfortunately.:(

SVXtasy has a turbo update, BTW... badass SVX, here we come!:D

Chicane 06-10-2003 06:13 PM

Man. I wish I had an extra SVX engine. IN a few years maybe I'll be able to afford one...but.. the engine is just such a great engine! I'd take it to a shop and see if it could be bored, and there HAS to be a lot of power to be had at the heads, unless somehow the subie designers were gods. But seriously, think of old v8s. People have been improving those heads for over THIRTY YEARS, and they STILL GET BETTER. There's no way Subaru could just nail them perfectly right off the bat.

- Rob

Pure_Insanity8 06-10-2003 06:18 PM

True, but I think it would take a LOT of research to figure out how to improve them. I just don't think this engine is quite as straigh-forward as an older style V8. I think I would be satisfied if SVXtasy's turbo project works out well. More tweaking can be made after that... if the money can be thrown at it.