The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official SVX NASCAR Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25963)

Royal Tiger 05-04-2005 06:55 AM

Official SVX NASCAR Thread

We've had threads for football and baseball, might as well have a NASCAR one! I'll start, just add your name and driver to the list:

PA_SVX : #48 Jimmie Johnson Lowe's Chevrolet

Darksied-X 05-04-2005 07:29 AM

So what are we doing? Posting our favorite driver, or who we think is going to take the cup this year?

If I had to pick a fav, I guess it'd be Jr. Though honestly, my interest in NASCAR has steadily declined since Earnhardt passed. I really can't stand Hendrick or Roush, though. JJ sucks. Literally. Gordon, to be more specific. ;)

Landshark 05-04-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_SVX
PA_SVX : #48 Jimmie Johnson Lowe's Chevrolet

Landshark: #00 Cletus McCoy Piggly Wiggly Hyundai

Shadow248 05-04-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landhsark
Landshark: #00 Cletus McCoy Piggly Wiggly Hyundai

You know that term "Homophobic" for people that are afraid of...uh...gayness? I think you may be "Hickaphobic", or "Redneckaphobic". I think if someone ever called you a hich or redneck, it would be the end of your world.

Landshark 05-04-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
You know that term "Homophobic" for people that are afraid of...uh...gayness? I think you may be "Hickaphobic", or "Redneckaphobic". I think if someone ever called you a hich or redneck, it would be the end of your world.

no way, man - mullets are teh coolness! i wish i was a hick like Harry.

Shadow248 05-04-2005 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
no way, man - mullets are teh coolness! i wish i was a hick like Harry.

1st stage - Denial

Landshark 05-04-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
1st stage - Denial

who's denying anything - i wish i had a magnificent mullet! nuttin' better than a flowing Trans-Am cape!

now you, on the otherhand, may have an acute case of GM-fanboi-itis. :D

Weasel 22 05-04-2005 10:01 AM

I reckon it be dat too-for of Jeff Gordon fo me ::takes swig of moonshine from an oversized jug....let's commence to jigglin' :D

huck369 05-04-2005 10:08 AM

I'm a redneck and proud of it....hehe :D

I'm a #43 Jeff Green (actually a, who-ever is driving Richard Petty's car, fan) Dodge Cheerio's ....talk about rooting for the underdog :rolleyes: ...at least I'm not a band wagon rider ;)

Royal Tiger 05-04-2005 12:12 PM

Boy, it didn't take long for this to spiral out of control. I was looking for you to add your favorite driver to the list and keep it going. Oh well. As for F1 it looks like Renault's year. I have to hate them on principle, being French, but they turned around Nissan. Now the #2 Japanese automaker and #1 in growth for all brands. Toyota spends $500 million on F1, and what is thier halo car? The Camry? Avalon? Lexus gandpa LS? Honda has the S2000, Nissan the 350Z/G35/Skyline and Subaru/Mitsubishi at least have WRC derivitives. Even Mazda is on the upswing. Good thing the new Tundra and Tacoma are big sellers.

Weasel 22 05-04-2005 12:30 PM

I'm for Sato and Button when it comes to F1..I've always been a fan of Honda's vast involvement in motorsports..I wish other manufacturers were present in such events..esp Subaru..they have WRC..but I wish they would branch out..would be impressive :)

Landshark 05-04-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel 22
I wish other manufacturers were present in such events..esp Subaru..they have WRC..but I wish they would branch out..would be impressive :)

the #55 Bush's Baked Beans Subaru Legacy NASCAR racer - that would be cool! :D

Shadow248 05-04-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

who's denying anything - i wish i had a magnificent mullet! nuttin' better than a flowing Trans-Am cape!

Stage 2 - acceptance

Quote:

now you, on the otherhand, may have an acute case of GM-fanboi-itis. :D

No, it's chronic.

http://www.norcal-ls1.com/forum/imag...es/hamster.gif

Mr. Pockets 05-04-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel 22
I'm for Sato and Button when it comes to F1..I've always been a fan of Honda's vast involvement in motorsports..I wish other manufacturers were present in such events..esp Subaru..they have WRC..but I wish they would branch out..would be impressive :)

Yeah, well, the FIA is serious about BAR - they want them excluded from the championship if found guilty of the sort of cheating they're being accused of. If BAR gets kicked out, I bet Honda look for another team. Williams is available, what with BMW looking to buy Sauber. :p

Weasel 22 05-04-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

the #55 Bush's Baked Beans Subaru Legacy NASCAR racer - that would be cool! :D

:D ........ :D ..