The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FS: used silver JDM folding mirrors + controller (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41234)

mbtoloczko 10-11-2007 09:06 PM

FS: used silver JDM folding mirrors + controller

Hey Folks,

I'm on the hunt for JDM folding mirrors. I've already got one set lined up. I have one silver set. The LH housing has a small scratch. No pictures yet. I will be including a new controller in your choice of beige, gray, or black. Price is $400 + shipping.

The JDM folding mirrors can be swapped into USDM bodies relatively easily, so these will work for any car.

EDIT: Lowered price slightly after looking at import costs again.

Tim 10-11-2007 10:49 PM

Out of curiosity do they have the heating element... and does it fold in when the car is shut off?

mbtoloczko 10-12-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 499719)
Out of curiosity do they have the heating element... and does it fold in when the car is shut off?

They do not fold with ign on/off. Just with the controller on the dash.

Some JDM SVX'es had heated side mirrors. Not sure if all had heated mirrors though. My guess is that they all had heated mirrors because there weren't any economy model SVX'es in Japan, but still researching to confirm.

paddlesnz 10-12-2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko (Post 499745)
Some JDM SVX'es had heated side mirrors. Not sure if all had heated mirrors though. My guess is that they all had heated mirrors because there weren't any economy model SVX'es in Japan, but still researching to confirm.

Can confirm that all JDM models had heated mirrors.

CorSVXette 10-12-2007 04:47 AM

I don't have the Heated Morror option in my car. Can I still install them in my car? Will it still be a "plug-n-play" type of install? or will I have to cut wires and splice?

mbtoloczko 10-12-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddlesnz (Post 499753)
Can confirm that all JDM models had heated mirrors.

Perfect. Thank you.

mbtoloczko 10-12-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 499760)
I don't have the Heated Morror option in my car. Can I still install them in my car? Will it still be a "plug-n-play" type of install? or will I have to cut wires and splice?

Yes, although I am not sure if its possible to get the heated mirror feature working. Someone had talked about it in a previous thread, but it was never tried, or at least the result was never posted.

The swap is not entirely plug-n-play. A little drilling is required (to the mirror housing) and some simple wire splicing is also needed. I may gather up a how-to from previous posts on the topic.

mbtoloczko 10-13-2007 07:52 AM

Mirrors are sold.

SVXRide 10-13-2007 06:07 PM

Mychailo,
I've got a set if you want to broker them for me:rolleyes:;):D
-Bill