The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So I raced... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13406)

Earthworm 09-25-2003 09:32 PM

So I raced...

...in my 2nd ever autocross (first was in 2001).

I think the SVX held its own.

Results

My new background (1.73mb)

svx_commuter 09-26-2003 05:03 AM

Hi Dave,

I think you drive slow. :D Tires?

kayvon 09-26-2003 09:11 AM

You would have kicked ass in 9 inches of snow :D

Chicane 09-26-2003 12:31 PM

But a 92 accord beat you. :\ So'd a saturn SC2.

- Rob

Subafreak 09-26-2003 06:43 PM

One day I will get my Legacy back together and it will be an autocross monster. 2.4L stroker, 6 speed RA tranny, and stripped to 2,000 lbs. It will also run 10sec 1/4's :D

immortal_suby 09-27-2003 06:42 AM

We're hitting the subaru challenge at the michelin proving grounds the week before the smokies meet. Should be a fun autocross and good practice for the dragon.
So far there are over 80 subarus going (but only Porter, Marine, and I representing the svx)

http://www.subaruchallenge.com/SE/SC/index.htm

SVXRide 09-27-2003 08:06 AM

Go Gettum, Matt! Make sure to post your time(s) (Porter and Marine's too!) -- I'm interested to see how your set up compares to Porter's in the autoX.
-Bill (already imagining himself autoX'ing his SVX with Mychailo-special springs, new struts, and urethane bushings all around)

immortal_suby 09-27-2003 08:54 AM

Porter could post a better time than me driving a yugo. He kept up with the imprezas at the dragon driving a saab on 3 wheels.
I'm sure Chris will walk all over me with his 5 speed.
I'm still not sure what class I'm in with the exhaust and 17's

Earthworm 09-27-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

I think you drive slow. Tires?
My SVX is completely stock with exception to the exhaust. I'm sure the suspension on my car is getting a little tired at 168,000kms and I know a couple of the struts have leaked.

Quote:

But a 92 accord beat you. :\ So'd a saturn SC2.
That was my second ever auto-x. Those guys are regulars and their cars are far from stock. The Saturn guy runs on R-Compounds and he even changes his brake pads before every race.

Ralph Gibbs 09-27-2003 03:42 PM

That looks like a good run you made with the SVX, Congratulations..........Ralph

Oh yes I did that years ago with my Dodge DeTomaso, a much lighter car, but I can't remember the time. We had to wear a crash helmet before we could do the run.

Trevor 09-27-2003 04:26 PM

David,

You deserve special respect for publishing the results openly for the benefit of all members. The critics should pull there heads in.

I checked the results and came to the conclusion that you did very well indeed all things considered. In order to shine in this type of competition a light weight nimble small car is the choice. Those without this understanding should remain in their glass houses.

svxsubaru1 09-28-2003 01:25 PM

Seems like you did pretty good, ecpecialy with a 3500-3600 pound car competing against 2800-3000 pound cars. I havent auto crossed my svx yet but i have in my 87 turbo supra i sold to get my svx, and it sucked at auto crosing even heavir than the SVX (at least 3600 pounds).

immortal_suby 10-12-2003 07:34 PM

The subaru challenge was this saturday. We had a great time at the michelin proving grounds - rained most of the day and straight through all of my runs. Made it very exciting for a first timer. Standing water on the course made for some great drifting - perfect suby weather.
It dried out for the afternoon runs just in time for the big guns to come out in the sti's and heavily modded wrx's. Alot of cars spun out on the course - it was very cool to watch.
Kim filmed all 4 of my runs which I managed to get through with no spins and no dead cones.

Porter ended up running a heavily modified forester xt and Chris couldn't make it so I was the only svx there.

Here's the link with results
http://www.warpthree.com/ccr/results...l&sortby=class

newsvx 10-12-2003 08:20 PM

Re: So I raced...

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
...in my 2nd ever autocross (first was in 2001).

I think the SVX held its own.

Results

My new background (1.73mb)

Dave,
Good for you! Great fun isn't it?! I still believe that the SVX really does hold its own in autocrossing. SCCA class is G-Stock. It is quite competitive in G-Stock and with the other classes using the SCCA index'ing for the various classes. Hopefully the accords and other modified cars were appropriately classed:cool:

Keep it up - the more you play, the better you will be :D

Harry

newsvx 10-12-2003 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
The subaru challenge was this saturday. We had a great time at the michelin proving grounds - rained most of the day and straight through all of my runs. Made it very exciting for a first timer. Standing water on the course made for some great drifting - perfect suby weather.
It dried out for the afternoon runs just in time for the big guns to come out in the sti's and heavily modded wrx's. Alot of cars spun out on the course - it was very cool to watch.
Kim filmed all 4 of my runs which I managed to get through with no spins and no dead cones.

Porter ended up running a heavily modified forester xt and Chris couldn't make it so I was the only svx there.

Here's the link with results
http://www.warpthree.com/ccr/results...l&sortby=class

Very well done, Matt. As I mentioned to Dave - great fun isn't it? I know you had the best sounding car there, if I remember your exhaust from the 10th Anniversary Meet!
If you look at the time of the fastest car (which just happened to be the STI), you did amazingly well. Those cars are VERY fast. We have one that runs with us and he usually beats the Evo that also shows up.
Later,
Harry