The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading ELEVEN raffle (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52886)

svxcess 01-20-2010 08:43 AM

Reading ELEVEN raffle

It's time to start thinking about gathering items for this year's raffle. A couple of members (you know who you are) have sent me PM's about items they wish to donate (these may be surprise items that are not revealed until Reading) I am not sure if these will be part of the raffle or a separate auction

In the past TomsSVX has taken care of handling this part of the event. I am not sure if he would be willing to do it again this year.

Is someone willing to handle this just in case? If not we may just have an impromptu raffle with tickets bought directly at the event.

svxcess 02-01-2010 01:01 AM

Reading ELEVEN raffle

I talked with Earl and some others about this year's Reading Raffle.

This year we decided that the raffle would be available ONLY to those actually in attendance at Reading. The tickets will be available to purchase at the meet and all prizes would be awarded there.

This makes it a lot easier to do and eliminates the need to keep track of paypal purchases, as well as packing and shipping prizes to those not in attendance.

We have a couple of unique and valuable items that will be donated that there would be a separate auction on. This would generate more money for the network, as only those truly interested would be bidding.

Ticket prices would probably be the same as last year, $2.00 each.

svxcess 03-29-2010 08:30 AM

Re: Reading ELEVEN raffle

I haven't heard about anyone having items to be donated for the traditional raffle on Saturday night. Is this something else which is going to fall by the wayside as well? :(

redlightningsvx 03-29-2010 11:45 AM

I have a couple things I can throw in there.

rvnmaniac 03-29-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 640260)

I haven't heard about anyone having items to be donated for the traditional raffle on Saturday night. Is this something else which is going to fall by the wayside as well? :(

i'M SURE I HAVE AN ITEM OR 2

HENRY

1986nate 03-29-2010 01:26 PM

I have things that I could use but don't "need" at the moment. I will try to bring a few things that are things people would actually be able to use/need.

Mike621 03-29-2010 01:31 PM

John, Ill be able to pick up tickets if we still need them. I will go through my things and see what I can conjure up for the raffle. :)

LetItSnow 03-29-2010 02:39 PM

As in the past, I've got some shtuff in the basement that will look good on the table. ;)

SVXdc 04-12-2010 10:32 PM

I'm donating one of these "plug-and-play" harnesses for the raffle...
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5...annotat.th.jpg
along with an antenna extension cable -- everything you need to install a 1995-2007 (non-SVX) Subaru OEM radio. :domo:

I've mailed it to paladinwkh (along with another he'll use for his own install), and he'll bring it up with him. (Thanks again, Will !)

If the winner would rather install an aftermarket radio, I'll exchange it for a plain SVX radio harness.

svxcess 04-23-2010 05:27 AM

Re: Reading ELEVEN raffle: OOPS!

I am making an apology for the folllowing oversight on my part at the Reading raffle.

SVXdc sent the wiring harness to the Reading with another member to be given away. There was a problem that occurred and that did not happen.

As you know, because of the weather, we had to do many activities differently Wewere given an area indoors by the hotel for the raffle and the raffle items were spread out on tables provided by the hotel. Many members brought their items at the last minute and put them on the tables. Not as organized as it should have been.

During setup of the accumulated parts, David's harness was accidentally knocked off of the table, landing between two tables. No one, not even I, noticed it had fallen and was not there.

Long after the raffle was over, while I was moving tables back to their original configuration and cleaning up, I saw it lying on the floor.

I am very sorry this happened and take full responsibility. I should have remembered it was entrusted to me and I should have noticed it was not on the table and remembered.

I never had to coordinate and hold the raffle (that usually being done by TomsSVX and Earl)as I am always having other things to attend to.

The setup was impromptu, last-minute, and the raffle started late. Without the normal cooperation from other members, confusion and oversight results and things like this occasionally happen.

I have already sent SVXdc a PM and expressed my sincere apologies and appreciation for his donation to the Network. I will let him make the decision to either return the harness to him or save it and donate it next year.

Not the most organized of Readings, but this should not have happened. I usually remember these things.

John