The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I like it here.. (Checked other forum) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48931)

Freeman 01-29-2009 02:44 PM

I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

EDIT: Read till the end on the thread...

I got bored and since there were only a few posts today, I decided to check out the "other" SVX forum.. From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

From the ONE post I decided to read, they we're complaining about price of a modification and talking about copying someones design for an air intake, then selling it cheaper. What a bunch of douche hats..

Also, I don't like the layout or the design, especially the color.. The thing I love about this network is that the layout is easy to read and very easy to navigate. Plus it doesn't have a black background with teal bars, yuck. I want something discrete so I can hide it at work and make it blend and look like work. I'm sure I could change the settings if I made an account and played in the options but I feel that it's a waste of time.

Everybody here is so friendly and very helpful! This place feels like home..
:D

SVXyGirl 01-29-2009 03:14 PM

Re: I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 584830)
From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

There is no filter on that forum. So people are able to type a curse word and not have it *blocked* like on this forum. It's not as "family friendly" as this forum, but some people like that.

SoCal LS-L 01-29-2009 03:15 PM

Like Rick James says.... " **** yo couch **** yo couch"!!!!
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h.../rickjames.gif

TomsSVX 01-29-2009 03:23 PM

while we all like a +1 for this site, I don't think it is appropriate to hate on the other, regardless of how it is conducted or its member's actions. Its all personal opinion and preference, and in this case the opinions should be kept to their owners

Tom

SoCal LS-L 01-29-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 584850)
while we all like a +1 for this site, I don't think it is appropriate to hate on the other, regardless of how it is conducted or its member's actions. Its all personal opinion and preference, and in this case the opinions should be kept to their owners

Tom

Agreed, but I had to use my Rick James gif somehow though :lol:

Ownbot 01-29-2009 03:45 PM

Freeman, are you ever not on here? Just wondering....I must be bored as well.

odepaj 01-29-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

I got bored and since there were only a few posts today, I decided to check out the "other" SVX forum.. From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

From the ONE post I decided to read, they we're complaining about price of a modification and talking about copying someones design for an air intake, then selling it cheaper. What a bunch of douche hats..

Also, I don't like the layout or the design, especially the color.. The thing I love about this network is that the layout is easy to read and very easy to navigate. Plus it doesn't have a black background with teal bars, yuck. I want something discrete so I can hide it at work and make it blend and look like work. I'm sure I could change the settings if I made an account and played in the options but I feel that it's a waste of time.

Everybody here is so friendly and very helpful! This place feels like home..
:D

Judging an entire forum by reading "ONE" post is pretty rediculous.

If you look at my post in that thread, you see me complaining about copying other peoples designs (which actually goes on MORE over here, usually for exterior mods).

Facts are an important thing to consider when you are going to bash something/someone, unfortunately your post is lacking.

Not trying to stir the pot, just adding a different perspective to the "discussion".

The layout over there did take alittle getting used to, its not a vBulletin based forum though.

Neither forum is better than the other, they both have pros and cons and thats what makes them different.

I just wish the bashing could stop on both sides of the community (Read: Childish behavior).

Dustin

svxxx26 01-29-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 584860)

I just wish the bashing could stop on both sides of the community (Read: Childish behavior).

Dustin

Amen to that.

cozykat 01-29-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 584860)
Judging an entire forum by reading "ONE" post is pretty ridiculous.

If you look at my post in that thread, you see me complaining about copying other peoples designs (which actually goes on MORE over here, usually for exterior mods).

Facts are an important thing to consider when you are going to bash something/someone, unfortunately your post is lacking.

Not trying to stir the pot, just adding a different perspective to the "discussion".

The layout over there did take a little getting used to, its not a vBulletin based forum though.

Neither forum is better than the other, they both have pros and cons and that's what makes them different.

Dustin

I think you are mis-understanding Freeman's post. He hasn't been a member long enough to have dealt with all the mess long ago so I don't believe he's trying to start anything. Instead, I think, he was just expressing how much he enjoys this forum. It's not like we have a bunch out there for comparison.. So if he was going to compare to another.. there's only two. lol Just take it that he's simply saying that as websites go, he really enjoys this one (so much so that he never wants to leave it apparently ;) ) and the other forum is just a different style, not suited to his taste.

If he was actually familiar with how the other forum got started, etc, then I doubt he would have made this thread to begin with (fearing it might start something again).

I will say, I too am glad this site has a white background because it blends in with my excel files perfectly. ;)

odepaj 01-29-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozykat (Post 584868)
I think you are mis-understanding Freeman's post. He hasn't been a member long enough to have dealt with all the mess long ago so I don't believe he's trying to start anything. Instead, I think, he was just expressing how much he enjoys this forum. It's not like we have a bunch out there for comparison.. So if he was going to compare to another.. there's only two. lol Just take it that he's simply saying that as websites go, he really enjoys this one (so much so that he never wants to leave it apparently ;) ) and the other forum is just a different style, not suited to his taste.

If he was actually familiar with how the other forum got started, etc, then I doubt he would have made this thread to begin with (fearing it might start something again).

I will say, I too am glad this site has a white background because it blends in with my excel files perfectly. ;)

I knew that he didn't mean his post to further that conversation. When I said I didn't mean to stir the pot I wasn't talking about that. Kinda more making sure I didn't come off like I was attacking him (Remember Larry's post about my posting style :lol: ).

I know alot of people love this forum (I'm one of them :D), I just don't see how generalizing an entire forum makes his statements better than the people wanting to copy other peoples stuff.

I see that he was mostly showing how much he likes this forum, but I also see how he could have worded his post better and left some things out. :)

Dustin

Edit: Just to make it clear, my original post had nothing to do with the Budfreak vs. SVXWN fiasco.

SoCal LS-L 01-29-2009 06:41 PM

Wait wait wait now im curious...... what happened before with the other forum?? I mean, if you dont want to type it all out is there a thread?
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...sh-jumping.gif

Freeman 01-29-2009 07:39 PM

Wow.... Yeah cozykat is 100% correct.. I really like this fourm cause it's very informative and it's basically all I do at work.. I was aware of conflict between members once before but not to the extent of conflict among forums? Guess I've got some digging to do to find some history..

And no, I'm always here... watching... waiting.. Wishing I was home doing something else... lol

wannarace928 01-29-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

I'm an admin on svxworldforums. If you ever have any questions/issues on there you can PM me. We have an area for suggestions, since the forum is in its early stages still, we definately appreciate opinions on how to improve things.

In case you do decide to hang out over there and want to change the layout go to "my account" click on "Preferences" and use the drop down for "board theme".

Wikedjuggalo 01-29-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 584893)
Wow.... Yeah cozykat is 100% correct.. I really like this fourm cause it's very informative and it's basically all I do at work.. I was aware of conflict between members once before but not to the extent of conflict among forums? Guess I've got some digging to do to find some history..

And no, I'm always here... watching... waiting.. Wishing I was home doing something else... lol

It probably not worth the time to go and attempt to dig up history, but don't taking sides if you do go searching :).

SoCal LS-L 01-29-2009 09:42 PM

Can someone give me a clue?? Can I buy a vowel? When was this? Im morbidly curious..... kinda like looking at an accident on the side of the road..... I need something to read :rolleyes: