The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   15th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   New Info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIA stuff (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40320)

sicksubie 08-17-2007 07:55 AM

New Info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIA stuff

I just got off the phone with Mike Mattingly from SIA and he has the dates of the 20-24 reserved for us. We will be able to take tours on either friday or monday. Also we have usage of the rec room at the plant for functions (food stuff I am guessing). Now for the creme de la creme...... He is now going to try to set up a track day on their south parking lot. They just hosted an event three weekends ago and he said they can easily use the same track layout. I told him that interest had waned slightly and he said that was not a problem because employees would love to come and race in their vehicles too. So, my guess would be something like a tour on friday, tech/ garage stuff friday night at SIA, autocross on saturday, abd then dinner saturday night in the rec room (if it is still open as details on this are still vague). Sunday i am not sure about, but that is what I have come up with so far.

ridered777 08-17-2007 05:21 PM

Wow, sound awesome!

Wish I could go...:(

Oh well, I'd probably just end up breaking a thousand dollar part while auto-crossing ANYWAY...

techy101 08-17-2007 07:13 PM

That sounds AWESOME!

I can't wait. Although I hope it's somewhat cool out since I don't have A/C

sicksubie 08-17-2007 07:21 PM

yeah..... I hope that this will start to spark some more interest in the meet. A auto-x at subaru would be amazing.

svxcess 08-18-2007 01:09 AM

32 days and 21 hours...

svxcess 08-18-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
yeah..... I hope that this will start to spark some more interest in the meet. A auto-x at Subaru would be amazing.

If we couldn't generate sufficient interest when the hotel rates were half as much as they are now, I don't think there is much chance of a big change in attendance because of a possible autocross and a rec room dinner.

The main problem has always been September.

sicksubie 08-18-2007 07:36 AM

True but remember not everyone is staying at that hotel ( myself included and I know that someone else is staying with relatives ). However it would be nice to know exactly how many people/ cars are still going to be coming.

svxcess 08-18-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
However it would be nice to know exactly how many people/ cars are still going to be coming.

Ask for an updated list of those members who are definitely going to post here.
By the time the meet it is 2 weeks away, everyone should have decided. Those who are unsure at the 2 week mark probably won't go.

By then, some of the vague plans with SIA's involvement should have been resolved.

huck369 08-18-2007 02:21 PM

I emailed them also Friday...and tryed to post to let you know, but the network was down yesterday afternoon when I tryed to post...

Sounds great...now I need to get some work done on my car!:D

Speedklix 08-19-2007 10:14 PM

hey guys, just got back in the country this morning. I know the tour stuff was vague, but I mean what I say. I never got much feedback on the monday/friday thing from the rest of the planning crew but i made sure we had it anyway. Mike also said they have a Wireless PA system if we need it BTW.
The autox is a great idea, I had been trying to set up something similar elsewhere, but being unable to meet with people in person I have not been able to get too many people to take me seriously. The thought never crossed my mind that SIA would entertain the idea :o

I will obviously still be there and I should be +1

wawazat?? 08-20-2007 12:50 PM

Though I am ot attending the 15th meet, I did compete at the recently held Subaru Challenge at the plant. Pictures they took are here

http://www.subaru-sia.com/sub_chall_low/index.htm

As you'll see, I'm the only SVX in attendance but took third in STX.

Todd

huck369 08-21-2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
Though I am ot attending the 15th meet, I did compete at the recently held Subaru Challenge at the plant. Pictures they took are here

http://www.subaru-sia.com/sub_chall_low/index.htm

As you'll see, I'm the only SVX in attendance but took third in STX.

Todd

Way to represent Todd.....!!!!!

(but you ought to come to the meet....) :rolleyes: :D

wawazat?? 08-21-2007 08:17 PM

Thanks Huck! Had a good time with a bunch of friends but once a year in Lafayette is enough for me:)

svxcess 08-30-2007 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Ask for an updated list of those members who are definitely going to post here.
By the time the meet it is 2 weeks away, everyone should have decided. Those who are unsure at the 2 week mark probably won't go.

By then, some of the vague plans concerning SIA's involvement should have been resolved.

Who is still committed as the two week mark approaches?

For a true anniversary meet, you need to have more members in attendance than Earl has cars...

ensteele 08-30-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Who is still committed as the two week mark approaches?

For a true anniversary meet, you need to have more members in attendance than Earl has cars...

LOL :D :D :D