The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Driving Music (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10098)

LarryIII 04-17-2003 04:55 AM

Driving Music

Last night Rosie showed me a Celine Dion CD that she had gotten. She played the first track for me and told me that it was a great song for driving. The title of the first track is "I drove all night." This morning I put the CD into SVXY's player and drove to work. The combination of the guitar and drums for the hard driving background music make this music really fun to drive in a spirited maner. This is the cut that Chrysler uses in some of their commercials. I really enjoyed accelerating past traffic with the sun roof open, the heat turned up high, the music blasting and the sun just beginning to tint the dark sky with patches of burnt orange.

There is a ramp from I-95N to I 476N. This ramp starts as one lane, opens to two, then necks down to one lane again. It is a big "U" that rises then goes downhill. The '92 SVX ,"SVXY", just kept accelerating in the left lane passing SUVs & semis to emerge onto I-476N at 85-90 mph. The car stuck like glue thru this turn.
What a great feeling of exhiliration.

SubaSteevo 04-17-2003 06:47 AM

pet peeve

I have a pet peeve of people who blast pop music. No pop music should be heard by anyone outside of your vehicle. The other day I almost died when some guy (who had a pretty nice system going) was blasting Madonna. If you want to blast rap, rock, techno, even classical, go ahead. But pop...no.

thumper_svx 04-17-2003 08:11 AM

Personally I've got a habit of driving to Mozart, Beethoven and so forth... some of the heavier stuff is GREAT for throwing my car around tight corners to.

Of course, I blast out Everclear as well... never let it be said that I'm not open-minded :D

SVX26517 04-17-2003 02:05 PM

OMG i do the same thing in my Valore!!! With the same song!!! But you can barely hear it past the fancy muffler/carburetor trick i did to it.:cool:

LarryIII 04-17-2003 02:30 PM

Do you mean a Plymouth Volare' or the song by Dominico Modungo' ?

DavieGravy 04-17-2003 02:35 PM

Re: pet peeve

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
I have a pet peeve of people who blast pop music. No pop music should be heard by anyone outside of your vehicle. The other day I almost died when some guy (who had a pretty nice system going) was blasting Madonna. If you want to blast rap, rock, techno, even classical, go ahead. But pop...no.
I've got a pet peave of those who blast rap, hip hop, and R&B crap.

Landshark 04-17-2003 06:29 PM

Celine Dion might be great driving music.......if i was in a demolition derby. i'd want to hurt somebody after prolonged exposure to it. :D

i prefer some good rock/metal - Fear Factory, Mudvayne, Machinehead, Stone Temple Pilots, Slayer, etc. for my driving enjoyment.

Chicane 04-17-2003 06:59 PM

Re: Re: pet peeve

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy

I've got a pet peave of those who blast rap, hip hop, and R&B crap.

Ditto. I also hate Celion Dion. She sucks.

Now if you want to listen to some AMAZING vocals, download "Saltwater" by Chicane.

- Rob

svxeno 04-17-2003 07:37 PM

Anyone recognize this?

Tower of Power - Grrrrrreat driving music.

Classical, makes me feel like I'm in a Lexus TV commercial.

Randy (Turn it on, turn it up!) ii

SVXdriver_007 04-17-2003 08:10 PM

I actually like everykind of music with the exception of Country but I'll take its first cousin the electric blues. I'm also not real fond of cookie cutter bubble gum groups. Driving music to me is about energy. Put it in Disturbed, Rob Zombie, DMX, Lynkin Park...you can just feel there aggressive nature wich is awesome for aggressive driving. I'm digging that new group Transplants they do that track Diamonds and Guns.
Of course on the drive home something more mellow is nice A mellow alternative like alot of Live tracks or Remy Zero.

DavieGravy 04-17-2003 11:53 PM

Remy Zero is a great band!
I also like trance breakbeats for driving.

LarryIII 04-18-2003 03:19 AM

It amazes me that the responses to the type of music and/or artist(s) is so visceral.

GreenMarine 04-18-2003 07:39 AM

Most of the music that i would listen to depends on the car that I am in and weather or not I feel like breaking lots of speed limits. If I am in the SVX, "Sleeping Beauty", and am crusing down the hiway I like to go for Melodic Trance and sometimes Hard Techno.... It really gets me in the mood to drive.... No words to listen to... I really like the "Dirty Vegas" CD... Now if I am in the Jeep, "Stalker", I tend to lean a bit more twards the Rock side... From Disturbed, Metalica, Stained, Linkin' Park, Audio Slave... All that good stuff. Like I said though, it all depends on my driving preferance at the time and the car that I am in.

SVX26517 04-18-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Do you mean a Plymouth Volare' or the song by Dominico Modungo' ?
Yep in my Plymouth, but Dominico Modungo would have the same affect as taking asprins

svxistentialist 04-18-2003 02:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: pet peeve

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

Ditto. I also hate Celion Dion. She sucks.

Now if you want to listen to some AMAZING vocals, download "Saltwater" by Chicane.

- Rob

I heard that version Rob, and it does mention driving all night to make love to someone. If she sucks, they must have censored that bit for the European market. :rolleyes:

There is an amount of research to show that people who listen to heavy music with a rapid Beat Per Minute ratio, such as Hip Hop, Dance etc have slower reaction times, and are less effective drivers because of this. Likely the heavy adrenaline producing beats demand some of your brain's attention, assuming you have not already damaged said grey organ decibel wise.

The rise in adrenaline probably makes you think you are driving better, same effect as too much drink, and we know how that can end up.

Give me Mantovani and safety;) :rolleyes:

Joe:)