The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Im excited! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40505)

odepaj 08-28-2007 09:37 AM

Im excited!

I have been out of an SVX for almost 4 months now (and before that it was almost a year). :) But now i've got a 4.11 and a 4.44 tranny being shipped down here and my ebony is going into the shop in about an hour to get the timing belt/water pump changed so I can drive it again! Its been awhile since i've gotten to drive one of my babies and now all three are getting fixed! I'll get to compare stock gearing to the other two popular gearing changes also! (I cant wait to see what those 4.44's are gonna do to my already fast '95 :D ) I keep hearing alot of 4.44 guys saying those are the gears the SVX should have come with. We'll I just wanted to let my fellow SVXers know how excited I am!! I'm gonna go wait for the tow truck to get here now.

Dustin

Crazy_pilot 08-28-2007 09:41 AM

Good stuff! It'll be fun having all three to compare.

"Hmmmm...Do I feel like the 3.55's today, or the 4.44's..."

odepaj 08-28-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Good stuff! It'll be fun having all three to compare.

"Hmmmm...Do I feel like the 3.55's today, or the 4.44's..."

Yeah its deffinetly gonna make things a blast! The '95 is gonna be a garage queen once the two '92's are running good so she'll be my weekend cruiser :D :banana: The only down-side is the girlfriend is gonna be driving the pearly so she'll be faster then me for awhile :o

Dustin

It's Just Eric 08-28-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Yeah its deffinetly gonna make things a blast! The '95 is gonna be a garage queen once the two '92's are running good so she'll be my weekend cruiser The only down-side is the girlfriend is gonna be driving the pearly so she'll be faster then me for awhile

..But only on weekdays:D
You'll be pleasently suprised with the new gear ratios. In ym 4.11 ebony, the rpms sit a little higher on the highway.....but it's right in the car's power band:eek:

Tim 08-28-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj
The only down-side is the girlfriend is gonna be driving the pearly so she'll be faster then me for awhile :o

Dustin

I'm not going to do that ever again :mad:

ensteele 08-28-2007 02:02 PM

That sounds great. Hope you get things fixed quickly. :)

cozykat 08-28-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj
I have been out of an SVX for almost 4 months now (and before that it was almost a year). :) But now i've got a 4.11 and a 4.44 tranny being shipped down here and my ebony is going into the shop in about an hour to get the timing belt/water pump changed so I can drive it again! Its been awhile since i've gotten to drive one of my babies and now all three are getting fixed! I'll get to compare stock gearing to the other two popular gearing changes also! (I cant wait to see what those 4.44's are gonna do to my already fast '95 :D ) I keep hearing alot of 4.44 guys saying those are the gears the SVX should have come with. We'll I just wanted to let my fellow SVXers know how excited I am!! I'm gonna go wait for the tow truck to get here now.
Dustin

Yay! I am really excited for you too. :D How long will the ebony be in the shop?
I wish I could get a 4.11 tranny.. :drool: but then it would mean I have tranny problems.. lol
Call me when those trannies come in. I wanna see them!

odepaj 08-28-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozykat
Yay! I am really excited for you too. :D How long will the ebony be in the shop?
I wish I could get a 4.11 tranny.. :drool: but then it would mean I have tranny problems.. lol
Call me when those trannies come in. I wanna see them!

you should have ordered one from jason the same time I did, I got a freaking amazing price! Hopfully they'll be in soon and then i'll get to use my new engine lift :D Northern Tools is like a candy store for me.

Dustin

It's Just Eric 08-28-2007 03:42 PM

4.11's come around pretty cheap. I got mine from a JDM leggy. A company imported the engine and the tranny came with it. I paid 250$, and got a very, very very new transmission (tc hasnt rusted yet, and there's no silver spraypaint "Freshly rebuilt" crap going on)Best part...I got a 3 month warranty. how could you go wrong?

Just a heads up dude, have SVXfiles make you a resistor for that 4.11 to keep it from frying