The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Visor clip on eBay? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28839)

Electrophil 10-08-2005 10:03 PM

Visor clip on eBay?

Does anyone have any experience with these clips?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBAR...QQcmdZViewItem

Is the seller a member here? I'd like to try a set. My visors on the 92 are just now beginning their sag trip. I don't want to buy another set of visors. :(

Treppiede 10-08-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
I'd like to try a set. My visors on the 92 are just now beginning their sag trip.

Personally I think $20 for two pieces of - what looks like - cheap plastic is simply theft. I have tried fixing my visors with the methods described on some How-Tos on this board without success, and have come out with my own fix. The visors now snap back and forth and are tightly in place when folded back up. I have taken several pictures of the entire procedure, I will post some on this thread to give you an idea and write a nice little how-to sometime next week.

Regards,

Walter

Electrophil 10-08-2005 11:09 PM

Walter, that would be great! Thank you! It seems the only solution so far is a hundred bucks for a new one. I don't know if it's the desert heat, but mine seem to start sagging within a year of a new one. :(

Maybe I sleep walk and go outside and tug on it all night.. I just don't know. :)

ensteele 10-09-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treppiede
I have taken several pictures of the entire procedure, I will post some on this thread to give you an idea and write a nice little how-to sometime next week.

Regards,

Walter

If you email it to me, or if you just post the whole thing, I will put it in the How-To Docs. Thanks

(just click on Earl in my signature or my email address)

dicon0neo 10-09-2005 10:20 AM

hmm, i fixed my visors with a receipt i found in my car.

ensteele 10-09-2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicon0neo

:confused: :confused: How did that work. :confused: :confused: Sounds like we need you to write up a How-To on that one. :D :D

clarkerussell 10-09-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

I'll bite... How'd you do that?

Electrophil 10-09-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

hmm, i fixed my visors with a receipt i found in my car. The receipt had a 1yr guarantee against sagging, and they gave me new visors.

:D Fixed your post for ya! :D

dicon0neo 10-09-2005 11:34 PM

ha. nothing special. just wrap the paper around the male end and use it as a wedge. I'm not to sure on how long it will last, but i've had mine in for a couple of months, if you want a long term fix, i think i'd learn to sew.

Sad thing is, the guy who owned my car before me decided velcro was the best option. Now they are ruined by the glue that he used.

(ps. the velcro didn't work)

Treppiede 10-10-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Walter, that would be great! Thank you! It seems the only solution so far is a hundred bucks for a new one. I don't know if it's the desert heat, but mine seem to start sagging within a year of a new one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
If you email it to me, or if you just post the whole thing, I will put it in the How-To Docs. Thanks

Guys, my apologies for not sending you the pics but I have FOUR midterm exams this week and I've been stressing a lot. Just trying to get out of college, I'm almost done. Anyways, I promise I WILL post the pics here tonight and I will write up a quick-'n-dirty How-To in PDF form later on this week.

Quote:

Maybe I sleep walk and go outside and tug on it all night.. I just don't know.
Hahaha... yeah that would do it. :)

-Walter

Electrophil 10-10-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treppiede
Guys, my apologies for not sending you the pics but I have FOUR midterm exams this week and I've been stressing a lot. Just trying to get out of college, I'm almost done. Anyways, I promise I WILL post the pics here tonight and I will write up a quick-'n-dirty How-To in PDF form later on this week.

Hahaha... yeah that would do it. :)

-Walter

I FULLY understand the midterms... especially when the classes seem to group them all in a 1 week period. Hopefully you aren't engineering. :eek:

Whenever.. I personally am not standing over the car with a screwdriver in one hand and refreshing this page with the other. :D Midterms come first!!!

wawazat?? 10-10-2005 05:05 PM

I saw the plastic clip and think it is an ingenious, inexpensive solution.

Todd

immortal_suby 10-10-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
I saw the plastic clip and think it is an ingenious, inexpensive solution.

Todd (maker of the plastic clip)

fix0red :p

thundering02 10-10-2005 05:33 PM

Now that we have the Idea somebody here needs to make them and ship em out for like 5 buck a round

wawazat?? 10-10-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
fix0red :p

nope, not this time Matt :D

The extrusion die to produce this would run about $800-$1200. Bolt it to a small extruder and pump away while cutting to length. Gotta check some catalog suppliers for stock shaped extrusions. May come up with a cheaper source.

That said, I also work with a Japanese suppler of sunvisors here in MI. I need to gut one of my junk visors and see what they can help us with if anything.

Todd