The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The fate of my GL... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2672)

Mr. Pockets 02-04-2002 02:20 PM

The fate of my GL...

...is yet to be decided, but I'm getting close. I found a little tire place less than a mile from my house (well, I've seen it many, many times over the past year) that has a sign:

'Junk cars wanted.'

Long story short, the guy tells me that he can't give me any money for the GL, but will 'help me out if I ever need a favor in return.'

Fair 'nuf. I left it at that. Later that evening, when I told my wife about it, I said, 'so I want to see what brands of tires he deals in - maybe I can get a new set for the SVX.'

No response yet. Good. :)

'You know, because I don't drive the car that much any more - and not in snow - so it doesn't make any sense for me to have mud and snow rated tires on it.'*

Still reading her catalog. Cool. I might get away with it.

'Besides,' I started mumbling, 'we'regoingtoIndianapolisandmytiresareonlyratedto1 30mph.'

That got her attention. Briefly. I got sort of a disapproving glance, but no crazed 'ARE YOU NUTS?' or anything like that.

* Dig the logic. Go ahead and dig it. 'It just doesn't make SENSE to have those tires on that car, honey.' I need help. :D

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 02:25 PM

Nick, you are truly a piece of work. :D

1994SubaruSVX 02-04-2002 02:34 PM

ok your nuts...

that last post was all the proof i needed. plus you know you are crazy when randy thinks you are deranged. :D

svxter 02-04-2002 02:43 PM

Absolutely Amazing.

EverclearAtMSU 02-11-2002 07:26 PM

Re: The fate of my GL...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
...is yet to be decided, but I'm getting close. I found a little tire place less than a mile from my house (well, I've seen it many, many times over the past year) that has a sign:

'Junk cars wanted.'

Long story short, the guy tells me that he can't give me any money for the GL, but will 'help me out if I ever need a favor in return.'

Fair 'nuf. I left it at that. Later that evening, when I told my wife about it, I said, 'so I want to see what brands of tires he deals in - maybe I can get a new set for the SVX.'

No response yet. Good. :)

'You know, because I don't drive the car that much any more - and not in snow - so it doesn't make any sense for me to have mud and snow rated tires on it.'*

Still reading her catalog. Cool. I might get away with it.

'Besides,' I started mumbling, 'we'regoingtoIndianapolisandmytiresareonlyratedto1 30mph.'

That got her attention. Briefly. I got sort of a disapproving glance, but no crazed 'ARE YOU NUTS?' or anything like that.

* Dig the logic. Go ahead and dig it. 'It just doesn't make SENSE to have those tires on that car, honey.' I need help. :D

tell her the new tires will make it more pretty or call them your vday present ;)

I think it's because you live in MI, i was doing 120 on the way back from brighton :eek: didn't even realize it till the radar came up. Keep in mind, the MI average of cops per mile of road in mi is 1 : 500. one cop every 500 miles. not bad. too bad they are all in freakin East Lansing!!!! 1 cop every 5 blocks on a friday night