The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What color is your SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1182)

KEVINL 08-14-2001 12:27 PM

What color is your SVX

I wanted to have a poll to see what is the most popular color SVX on the board

SVXphile 08-14-2001 12:39 PM

Color choice

The color we own, and the color we like the most, might be different! I own black, but I'm in love with the GREEN.

Joe should be pleased with THAT choice!:D Don

KEVINL 08-14-2001 01:18 PM

I'm with you My car is Pearly white which is my second favorite color but I wanted a Laguna Blue Pearl SVX

Aredubjay 08-14-2001 01:25 PM

Just a note: Claret is not an AKA. Claret was the "wine" color for the '92. Bordeaux was the wine for the latter models. The Bordeaux is slightly lighter than the Claret.

KEVINL 08-14-2001 01:31 PM

Sorry about that since your a moderator R-DUB-JAY you are more than welcome to split them up

kvnobrien 08-14-2001 01:34 PM

Aren't there two different greens? One teal and one emerald after 93? MY 92 is Dark teal, but it's much different from some of the other SVX's I've seen at meets. :confused:

carpedick 08-14-2001 03:31 PM

Re: Color choice

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
The color we own, and the color we like the most, might be different! I own black, but I'm in love with the GREEN.
Trade ya

svxistentialist 08-14-2001 04:00 PM

Re: Re: Color choice

Quote:

Originally posted by carpedick

Trade ya

Only recently found out my Dec '91 is Claret, not Bordeaux Pearl, I presumed all wine colours were the same. Not much to compare with here in the auld sod, only one car in the country.

I suggest extend the poll. I would consider my black over claret a radically different car from a full claret car, if one existed, and certainly different from a full Bordeaux car, which does exist. Likewise a black over pearl car is way different from an all pearl car, I would not take an all white car for a present.

{I am not being diffident here, white cars are totally unloved here in Ireland with our weather. They show rust, and they show muck, two things we have a lot of. Buy a white car, expect to lose 25% plus on resale value when car is young, be asked to leave the sales area when car is older.}

My favourite colour is the one I have, but if I was to be picky, I would have the roof black OK, but prefer the bootlid to be claret. Secong choice probably silver, but the Irish in me agrees with Don, the green[s] is real nice. Sold a dark metallic green Camry to get this car. And the black is cool. Black is the only colour I would bother darkening the windows for, and it would improve for a little chrome in the grill and possibly wider wheels with chrome rims.

Joe

Seraph 08-14-2001 04:56 PM

I own the Red but I love the Silver

just a thought

Lwin

ps. I love the Blue too

eddycat2000 08-14-2001 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Just a note: Claret is not an AKA. Claret was the "wine" color for the '92. Bordeaux was the wine for the latter models. The Bordeaux is slightly lighter than the Claret.
Yup, and the teal is not AKA polo green, two different colors.

BTW- for all you guys that said you wanted a Laguna Blue SVX...Neener, neener.:p

'94 Laguna Blue LSI 48k:D

FlagstaffSVX 08-15-2001 12:51 AM

Ya know? I always though that these polls were really dumb... that is until I realized that I've done every single one and loved it!

P.S. Mine's Black on Pearl White, I'd like it to be Black on Silver. I think.

svxxx26 08-15-2001 07:13 AM

Nitpicky note:

Dark Teal is NOT the same as Polo Green! :eek:

Aredubjay 08-15-2001 08:06 AM

I've edited the poll. As opposed to having to have everyone "re-vote," or change the numbers, I simply changed the AKA's to "or's" since each are in the Green, Wine or Red families (added "Brilliant Red" which is different from "Barcelona" red).

FlagstaffSVX 08-16-2001 01:46 AM

Okay, Are"editing master"dub, now you just have to find a way to edit the color bars on the chart to match the color of the car. :D

1994SubaruSVX 08-16-2001 02:46 PM

i personally like.....

the silver, black, and red the best. if i have my way, and if i keep the car, i will paint in a very bright silver. like the silver on new mercedes....i love that bright silver.