The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - <sigh> (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9363)

Mr. Pockets 03-17-2003 09:24 AM

OT - <sigh>

Last Thursday night, I had to pick Amber up from work because she wasn't feeling well. Amber doesn't like riding in the Justy, so we drove her car home and left the Justy in her school's lot. Then she satyed home Friday, and by the time she felt well enough to get out of the house, it wasn't worth driving the half-hour to go get the Justy. So I drove her to work this morning.

What is it about a tiny car that makes people want to pick up the back end and move it? I mean, at least complete the job, pick up the whole car, and move it to the roof. I found the stupid thing, diagonally taking up two spots, front tires nearly off the rims. This is maybe the third time since I bought it that this has happened.

Is it really that funny to just move the back end by a few feet? I think most of you will agree that I can laugh at pretty much anything, but this I just don't get.

Aredubjay 03-17-2003 09:33 AM

Re: OT - <sigh>

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Last Thursday night, I had to pick Amber up from work because she wasn't feeling well. Amber doesn't like riding in the Justy, so we drove her car home and left the Justy in her school's lot. Then she satyed home Friday, and by the time she felt well enough to get out of the house, it wasn't worth driving the half-hour to go get the Justy. So I drove her to work this morning.

What is it about a tiny car that makes people want to pick up the back end and move it? I mean, at least complete the job, pick up the whole car, and move it to the roof. I found the stupid thing, diagonally taking up two spots, front tires nearly off the rims. This is maybe the third time since I bought it that this has happened.

Is it really that funny to just move the back end by a few feet? I think most of you will agree that I can laugh at pretty much anything, but this I just don't get.

Probably was done on a bet. "I bet I can picke THAT car up." "Ten bucks says you can't." People watch too much "Worlds Strongest Men" on cable. I don't get it either, Nick. Now, when we picked up a teacher's beetle, and put it on the sidewalk, in front of the other teacher's parked cars . . . now, THAT was funny. :D

Mr. Pockets 03-17-2003 09:37 AM

Re: Re: OT - <sigh>

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Probably was done on a bet. "I bet I can picke THAT car up." "Ten bucks says you can't." People watch too much "Worlds Strongest Men" on cable. I don't get it either, Nick. Now, when we picked up a teacher's beetle, and put it on the sidewalk, in front of the other teacher's parked cars . . . now, THAT was funny. :D

Yeah, now see that's funny. If I found the car on the sidewalk or, better yet, inside the school, I'd be laughing.

Whoever did this was just a jackass.

lhopp77 03-17-2003 12:20 PM

Yep, and when we put the choir directors VW on the porch of the church nearly blocking the door----that was funnnnnnyyy. But, you know the preacher did not think so. :rolleyes:

sfsvx 03-17-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lhopp77
Yep, and when we put the choir directors VW on the porch of the church nearly blocking the door----that was funnnnnnyyy. But, you know the preacher did not think so. :rolleyes:
Many preachers are humor-impaired. In fact, in some denominations, I believe that's a prerequisite. :p

Paxton71 03-17-2003 11:25 PM

Found my beetle in a pickup once

Highschool... ah yes.

I used to find my beetle in places I didn't leave it all the time :) I always thought it was funny. The front end of my beetle in the back of Mr. Jakes' pickup truck didn't make Mr. Jakes very happy.

"Have you seen my Veedub?...You know the silver and blue one with the skateboard stickers and stuff?"

"Oh yeah, It's down on the footbridge at the pond.
or maybe I saw it under the bleachers?"
"On the track?"
"Last I saw the football team was using it at practice for a sled."
"It's in Mr. Jakes' pickup truck up in the teacher's lot."

Like to see 'em lift an SVX.

Beav 03-18-2003 10:41 AM

When I lived in Florida I had a dune buggy for a couple years. I hated wandering around parking lots looking for my car after the bah closed, having to explain to cops that someone must have moved my car. That was always good for a quick sobriety test... :rolleyes:

Earthworm 03-18-2003 01:29 PM

I was almost able to single-handedly lift the back end of a late 70's Honda Civic off the ground. The car slid over a few inches (I wasn't trying to move it). I think if he didn't have the subwoofers in the back I would have done it.

kuoh 03-18-2003 01:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: OT - <sigh>

Ever seen the movie Real Genius? ;)

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Yeah, now see that's funny. If I found the car on the sidewalk or, better yet, inside the school, I'd be laughing.

Mr. Pockets 03-18-2003 01:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: OT - <sigh>

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh
Ever seen the movie Real Genius? ;)

KuoH

But of course! :D

kuoh 03-18-2003 02:08 PM

The ultimate SVX prank...have someone wake up with their car at the foot of their bed!

KuoH

Mr. Pockets 03-18-2003 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh
The ultimate SVX prank...have someone wake up with their car at the foot of their bed!

KuoH

I think the 'ultimate' prank would be to replace somebody's windows with solid ones and see how long it takes them to notice it.

CDG 03-18-2003 08:14 PM

I had too many occasions where my mini was rolled over on its side, onto the grass sidewalk, once people at scholl saw it done once, they kept doing it. It started to piss me off, I had to keep adding oil, and gas. And I even got a parking ticket once, for being parked on the sidewalk, they let me off, but it was really annoying. But, it was funny. ha ha frikken ha.

Only benefit was that it was an easy way to clean the inside, and I even changed the oil filter one day while it was like that. It would normally empty my oil pan.