The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally, a compliment ....sorta... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19728)

Ron Mummert 07-03-2004 09:36 PM

Finally, a compliment ....sorta...

On the way back home from my favorite cheap wine emporium, I stopped at the Food Lion, to buy a box o' Bubba Burgers (Mmmmmm.....Buh-Buh burgers!) where they're a buck & a half less than everywhere else. I pulled into a space next to the shopping cart return cage & got out of the car. A store employee kid of about 15 who was de-stuffing carts at the time looks at me & says, "Nice car". Wow - the last time anyone made a comment to me was in Carolina three years ago on a trip back from Tennessee. "Thank you", I respond, waiting for the inevitable, "What'n hay-ill is it"? Opps....then I realized...I'm drivin' the freekin' weekend beater 240SX!!! It figures. The average member's age over at the NISMO site is about 17. "Yup", I tell the kid, "Best damm car I ever got for a hundred bucks". "How'in Hay-ill'd you do that?", says the kid. I explain.

Sigh - I'll take any cheesy compliment at my age.

Ron (Mmmmm....Maria Sharapova!)

SubaSteevo 07-03-2004 10:09 PM

Re: Finally, a compliment ....sorta...

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
On the way back home from my favorite cheap wine emporium, I stopped at the Food Lion, to buy a box o' Bubba Burgers (Mmmmmm.....Buh-Buh burgers!) where they're a buck & a half less than everywhere else. I pulled into a space next to the shopping cart return cage & got out of the car. A store employee kid of about 15 who was de-stuffing carts at the time looks at me & says, "Nice car". Wow - the last time anyone made a comment to me was in Carolina three years ago on a trip back from Tennessee. "Thank you", I respond, waiting for the inevitable, "What'n hay-ill is it"? Opps....then I realized...I'm drivin' the freekin' weekend beater 240SX!!! It figures. The average member's age over at the NISMO site is about 17. "Yup", I tell the kid, "Best damm car I ever got for a hundred bucks". "How'in Hay-ill'd you do that?", says the kid. I explain.

Sigh - I'll take any cheesy compliment at my age.

Ron (Mmmmm....Maria Sharapova!)

Damn drifters!

I was actually looking at a 240sx when I was around that age, before I got the SVX, and before I knew what drifting was. It was all because of shogun style 601 on this page. Usually I hate that style body kit, but on the 240 it just looks plain sexy (without that rear spoiler anyway).

Chiketkd 07-03-2004 10:36 PM

Re: Finally, a compliment ....sorta...

You never cease to amaze me Ron! ;)

Bubba burgers are awesome! Go well with my favorite Sam Adams beer and an action movie... :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
On the way back home from my favorite cheap wine emporium, I stopped at the Food Lion, to buy a box o' Bubba Burgers (Mmmmmm.....Buh-Buh burgers!) where they're a buck & a half less than everywhere else.

ensteele 07-03-2004 10:57 PM

I thought anything would go with Sam Adams Beer! :D

drivemusicnow 07-04-2004 02:45 AM

Go Maria Sherapova!!!.. so what was this thread about?? oh.. yeah. 240sx's hmm umm yeah. i don't know any decent ones. so i'll just keep me mean comments to myself.