The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Baby restraint for car seat :-) my daugher was born on april 10 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54013)

Red94Svx 04-12-2010 12:52 AM

Baby restraint for car seat :-) my daugher was born on april 10

i was reading somewhere that there was a car seat for a baby restraint for the svx, so the seat will stay in one place. i think it connected to where the speaker is, i would really like to know where i can get one please. and please post prices if you see or know, maybe link thank you for the read :)

TN_fwdsvx 04-12-2010 11:26 AM

Re: Baby restraint for car seat :-) my daugher was born on april 10

What you are looking for is the tether anchor. It is available from a dealer, should be $10 to $15. You probably won't need it until she is old/big enough for a forward-facing seat so you have a little time. I normally recommend Jackie at Annapolis Subaru for parts but you have dealers closer who should be able to give you a better deal when shipping is factored in.

There is a plate on the front/top of the speaker which has the mount for the anchor underneath it. I recommend the passenger side. Don't lose that cover plate!

Congradulations!

b3lha 04-12-2010 03:16 PM

Congratulations.

When they are small and in a rear-facing seat it's easier to put them in the front.

I recommend you put a sheet of something over the area before fitting the child seat. One day the little darling will put something in her mouth, choke on it, and then :barf: all over your SVX interior and it will get into every little inaccessible nook and cranny. I learned that one the hard way.:rolleyes:

svxash 04-12-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 642463)
Congratulations.

When they are small and in a rear-facing seat it's easier to put them in the front.

I recommend you put a sheet of something over the area before fitting the child seat. One day the little darling will put something in her mouth, choke on it, and then :barf: all over your SVX interior and it will get into every little inaccessible nook and cranny. I learned that one the hard way.:rolleyes:

DON'T put the child in the front seat period!!! If the airbag ever goes off it will smash the car seat into the seat back. Since the airbag in the front can't be disabled the best place would be to use use one of the rear ones. Congrats on the new addition:)
Here is a link that has some good info on it. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju...pages/Tip6.htm

b3lha 04-12-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxash (Post 642465)
DON'T put the child in the front seat period!!! If the airbag ever goes off it will smash the car seat into the seat back. The best place is in the rear in the middle but since the SVX doesn't have a middle position use one of the rear ones. Congrats on the new addition:)

You have passenger airbag in USA?

Of my three SVXes, only one has airbag and it's for the driver. But all three have middle seat belts in the back.

1986nate 04-12-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 642466)
You have passenger airbag in USA?

Of my three SVXes, only one has airbag and it's for the driver. But all three have middle seat belts in the back.

Passenger side airbag was added mid-year 94 in the US. All SVX in the US received driver's side airbags though.

benebob 04-12-2010 07:23 PM

Subeman90 has a few of the original style clips. The ones at the dealer are a universal subaru version. Shop carefully for seats as getting one in and out with a kid in there can be challenging to say the least but is possible with the right seat. Congrats on the little one!

SilverSpear 04-13-2010 12:08 AM

That is really weird.

Why don't you have a passenger airbag in the UK (and probably in Japan also)? :confused:

LH manufacturing costs?

subeman90 04-13-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red94Svx (Post 642398)
i was reading somewhere that there was a car seat for a baby restraint for the svx, so the seat will stay in one place. i think it connected to where the speaker is, i would really like to know where i can get one please. and please post prices if you see or know, maybe link thank you for the read :)

I have one...PM if interested.

Red94Svx 04-14-2010 05:54 PM

Thanks for all the great advice :) but now i figured a new problem that needs to be fixed quick lol. well when i put my daughter in the back seat its a rear facing so i put it on the passenger side and my wife sits in front sometimes and the front seat is way up and she has no room at all :( so i don't know what to do about that, what have some of you had to do :) All help would be great and thanks for all the help
i have a 1994 type L fwd if any of that helps :)

p.s. i was thinking that the middle would be great, but there is a problem no seat belt :(

b3lha 04-14-2010 06:03 PM

I have discovered the only real solution to this problem is to buy a legacy wagon.:p

benebob 04-14-2010 07:03 PM

Like I said you need to find the right seat. Some of the low frills seats are a little less bulky. Bulk sells but in reality it doesn't mean a safer seat. The one I got was rated 2nd at the time from CR and fit fine... that is unless your wife is 6' tall.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red94Svx (Post 642865)
Thanks for all the great advice :) but now i figured a new problem that needs to be fixed quick lol. well when i put my daughter in the back seat its a rear facing so i put it on the passenger side and my wife sits in front sometimes and the front seat is way up and she has no room at all :( so i don't know what to do about that, what have some of you had to do :) All help would be great and thanks for all the help
i have a 1994 type L fwd if any of that helps :)

p.s. i was thinking that the middle would be great, but there is a problem no seat belt :(

Red94Svx 04-14-2010 10:10 PM

yes, thank you i will try to find one and see what i can do to find a smaller seat :):):):)

Motorsport-SVX 04-19-2010 12:33 AM

congrats man, my little girl is due end of May..
I help raise my nephew for 3 years everyday with
him and my svx. Its a tight fit, but we both wouldnt
of changed it for the world :)