The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   about the supercharger (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32626)

Crazypolo95 04-13-2006 10:09 AM

about the supercharger

ok where can i get one ??? how much and who has a pic of it. Also does it help out or what ???

AFBeefcake 04-13-2006 11:05 AM

http://www.ecutune.com/svx-stage3.htm

Crazypolo95 04-13-2006 02:28 PM

would i have to get the other stages to get up to 3 or could i just buy the 3 stage??? and could any shop put it on the kit???

NikFu S. 04-13-2006 02:32 PM

You can buy the stage 3 alone but LAN still has to make them.

I think the install is mostly bolt on. Put the Stg3 software chip in your ecu, take off your manifold if you didn't send it to him, put the new one on, relocate your alternator, change a few pulleys, change the fuel pump and injectors if they apply.

intelisevil 04-13-2006 08:36 PM

You forgot the part about sending him a boat load of money! ;)

Dan

BordeauxComet 04-13-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazypolo95
Also does it help out or what ???

:eek: :D :D

Crazypolo95 04-14-2006 10:49 AM

ok well I saw how much and YEAH. will if I go one by one would it be chipper?? How much do the chip make a different on the car. and what of parts would be go o get on the car . Cuz I have being look at the chip and I might get that as my next part. Cuz right now I got some new tires,rims,pads,rottors and new brake line

AppStateSVX 04-14-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

ok well I saw how much and YEAH. will if I go one by one would it be chipper?? How much do the chip make a different on the car. and what of parts would be go o get on the car . Cuz I have being look at the chip and I might get that as my next part. Cuz right now I got some new tires,rims,pads,rottors and new brake line

the chip is prbly one of the best mods yet, but I would get the Stage 2 ECU chip and Z32 MAF, that way, your others mods will be much more effective in the future. I'm still not sold out on superchargers, turbos are MUCH better IMHO

svxfiles 04-14-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
I'm still not sold out on superchargers, turbos are MUCH better IMHO

Come drive mine before you decide:p :)

Crazypolo95 04-15-2006 11:06 AM

While if i go with the superchager i don't have to play are with the lag on it while the tubro i do. See and plus would it be chapper to get the supercharger then the tubro???.. I want the car to get fast and lighter for rally cross. Cuz my bro owns a Sti and we are going to use that for auto X and the SVX for Rally cross

Hey SVxfiles do u have any pic of your car ??
hey appstatesSVx what about u ???

svxfiles 04-15-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

I might have a picture in my modest locker.:o ;)

SubyLuver 04-17-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

While if i go with the superchager i don't have to play are with the lag on it while the tubro i do. See and plus would it be chapper to get the supercharger then the tubro???.. I want the car to get fast and lighter for rally cross. Cuz my bro owns a Sti and we are going to use that for auto X and the SVX for Rally cross

Hmmm... Shouldnt you use the SVX for AutoX and the WRX for RallyX? I believe the WRX is about 1000 pounds lighter and would float better on dirt than the SVX, IMHO the SVX is definately a road/track car...

19svx94 04-18-2006 01:23 AM

i personally like the idea of turbos because they dont take power to make power but mostly because of the ease of adjustability, when money allows me i will put a full programable ecu so i can change boost on the fly, on a supercharger you have to change pullys to change boost, but i love the idea of the power being instant all the time for a supercharger, either way it would be amazing, i am working on creating a turbo with a shaft that comes out through the turbo to turn on a roller clutch to build boost off the motor but over run once the exhaust gas catches up, if this works out i will be getting a patent and selling it

Crazypolo95 04-18-2006 09:57 AM

yeah it is lighter but ather the STi is hook up it would be better for the auto X cuz the car have being speed and turning. While the SVx has not so good of both to the STi. So one is the rally and the other is the auto car. and puls of the svx we can swing the as out more for the truns then the STi