The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9708)

WestCoastSVX 04-01-2003 11:19 AM

Goodbye SVX

It is with mixed emotions that I tell you this may be my last day with my SVX. :( Mixed emotions because what will be replacing it will be a whole new kind of fun driving experience. :)

The bottom line though is my wife and I are looking to start a family soon and we need to get our stuff together. We have a house now, the next step was to get out of our sporty coupes and get at least one kid friendly car. (yeah most of you are either too young to think about this or too old and already past this point) I definitely pushed for the MX-6 to go first, and we tried that trade in scenario with the dealer, but it didn't work near as good as the SVX scenario. My wife still owes too much on her car, more than we could even sell it for on the street, so the SVX offered a lot more trade in value. :(

The new car definitely does not compromise on the fun factor though, we'll be carting the kids around in a high performance ride! :D I will admit it wasn't my first choice until I drove it (wheee!!!), and I still am not a big fan of the style, but my wife loves it and chances are it will be "her car" anyway. I will be downgraded to the MX-6 until it is paid off enough to trade in on a full cab pickup. (need one of those too) But I'll still take this little beast out for a spin on weekends I'm sure! Maybe the NW gang will even let me show up. I'm ready for a race (in no rain) now!!!

New car, but ours will be black

I will definitely keep in touch here though, I have made many friends even though I have not met most of you. I do not plan on getting involved with any web sites or clubs regarding this new car because I know I would just be disappointed in the caliber of the members. This is the place to be. Even if I no longer have my favorite car. Once an SVXer, always an SVXer...

Green1995SVX 04-01-2003 11:44 AM

You're joking, right?

JLittell 04-01-2003 11:44 AM

Gotta be. Must be April Fools Day

Green1995SVX 04-01-2003 11:45 AM

ahhh yes. pffeww.

Mr. Pockets 04-01-2003 12:26 PM

Re: Goodbye SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
It is with mixed emotions that I tell you this may be my last day with my SVX. :(
You went too far. I bought it until the Neon link.

Man, you effing had me, too! So close!

Aredubjay 04-01-2003 12:39 PM

Yeah, right. This is about as believable as ME selling BOTH SVXes.

seasvx 04-01-2003 01:15 PM

Re: Re: Goodbye SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

You went too far. I bought it until the Neon link.

Man, you effing had me, too! So close!

me too. i was taking all the way until.. (you sly dog you!)

WestCoastSVX 04-01-2003 01:27 PM

he he he Too bad I can only do this once a year! :D

The fact that it was pretty believable up until the punchline stems from the fact that most of the scenario could be true very soon. We are looking to get a bigger car in the very near future, and the MX-6 is in a economic position right now. But we'll make it work, because I have vowed to keep my SVX if at all possible. I won't go that easy! :D

And if there was no other choice, it would definitely not be a Neon! I have no doubt the SRT is probably a fun ride, but the overall car - blech! :p Corrina thinks so too. (not to mention, I don't think I could even fit inside one of those things! :D )

JLittell 04-01-2003 01:31 PM

The NEW Modas gave it away...

Uncamitzi 04-01-2003 01:58 PM

There are good april fools and ..

BAD APRIL FOOLS..!!!!!!

that wasn't funny!!!! ;)

ensteele 04-01-2003 02:06 PM

Troy - I Hate You !!!

You got me big time too! I should have know better, and I kinda did, but I could not believe it! You made me burn my Lunch! :(

WestCoastSVX 04-01-2003 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
The NEW Modas gave it away...
Smart thinking! I actually thought about that factor and was going to add in a part about how I was going to be selling those seperate from the car, but then I forgot. :)

Sorry I made you burn your lunch Earl, just pretend it's Cajun Tuesday! :p

Aredubjay 04-01-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Troy - I Hate You !!!

You got me big time too! I should have know better, and I kinda did, but I could not believe it! You made me burn my Lunch! :(

And nothin' smells worse than scorched possum. :D

MNYPNNY 04-01-2003 04:46 PM

I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!

cause I'm usually the one who's made a fool....
I'm too damn gullible.....

~~Michelle

LarryIII 04-01-2003 04:59 PM

Troy.

I think your April Fooler was just a wee bit better than mine.