The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My SVX was stolen!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27079)

aviatrix 06-29-2005 05:36 PM

My SVX was stolen!!!

Hello all,

My white and black 94 SVX LS was stolen from the Eastlake area Monday night. The contents of the car were found nearby but still no sign of my baby. My cars license is 591MIW and anything that would lead to her recovery would be incredibly appreciated!

My personal email is michele_boland@msn.com and my cell number is 425-985-8892 in case anyone sees her or runs into SVX parts of questionable origin.

Michele

Tim-H 06-29-2005 06:18 PM

wow, that sucks. Im in bellevue so i can keep an eye out here, i saw a teal/green today, couldnt tell the color they were a couple cars back. Chances are the cops will find your car in a parking lot somewhere, or on the side of the road unfotunatly. Its probobly a joyride situation.

ensteele 06-29-2005 07:19 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. I will pass the word and hope that you get it back asap with little or no damage. Keep up informed please. :( :(

SSSVX 06-29-2005 10:16 PM

Sorry to hear about this! Good luck on searching!

EddieSVX 06-30-2005 12:31 PM

Wow! I used to always brag about how SVX's were pretty much immune to the auto theft trend in the area due to the fact that they didn't share parts with any other vehicle...

Now my bubble's been bursted!

I'm sorry to hear about your baby! :(

BTW, when I was living in Renton, the apartment complex I lived in had a lot of car breakins on a nightly basis. 2 of my ex's had their cars broken into while visiting me.

My SVX was never broken into, and quite a few times (ignorant me) I'd leave CD cases clearly visible.

That was another reason I thought they were immune. Maybe people couldn't figure out how to unlock the doors cuz of the windows.

aviatrix 06-30-2005 12:35 PM

I never worried about my SVX being stolen. Since as you mentioned there really isn't a parts market and it isn't a particularly easy car to steal I always figured theives would just pick something easier and more profitable. I have to say if my SVX is recovered I am going to invest in the best security system I can find!

Michele

Alycone 07-01-2005 01:45 PM

That's horrible! I was in the eastlake area monday evening, didn't see another SVX though. Hope you find it soon. My mom's saturn was stolen a few years ago, found it 3 weeks later and it was fine (except for the leftovers that had sat in the back). Other than wanting to take a joy ride, cant imagine that the SVX is a good target for theft. I'll keep my eyes out.

:mad: :(

Chiketkd 07-02-2005 07:32 PM

Sorry to hear it was stolen. Hope it's recovered soon - or your insurance company cuts you a check to go buy another one! :)

-Chike

aviatrix 07-17-2005 04:24 PM

They found my SVX!

They found her! My SVX turned up yesterday in Southeast Seattle. A couple of dents, a very trashed interior (no tears, just weird trash) and now very suspect mechanicals. I looks ot be sitting low in the front. My repaired radiator shows signs of boiling over and for some strange reason they removed the air filter cartridge and replaced it with mesh. I do now have a VHS copy of Bambi and the face of someone elses radio.

Hope her mechanicals are OK.

Michele

ensteele 07-17-2005 06:55 PM

I'd be interested in the VHS copy of Bambi !! :eek: :)

I am glad to hear you found her. Keep us posted on what you find out. :)

WestCoastSVX 07-17-2005 11:21 PM

Good to hear it is found! Sounds pretty strange though, hope everything is okay. :)

Noir 07-18-2005 10:43 AM

Glad to hear they found your car. Was there any details to the theft?

Stolen from home, work, mall, etc.
Broken windows?
Hotwired?
Time of day it got stolen?

I'm just curious. Thanks and good luck!

EddieSVX 07-18-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviatrix
...I do now have a VHS copy of Bambi...

I wonder if a toddler could be charged as an adult in a case of grand theft auto? :confused: :eek:

aviatrix 07-18-2005 02:19 PM

So the car was stolen from home sometime after midnight. No broken glass so they must have used on of those jimmy things. They busted the ignition switch to start it. They removed the license plates and must have been driving it around with stolen plates. It was found on 11th Ave in South Seattle. I forgot to check the milage to see how much they drove it. The radiator upper tank was cracked and I'd repaired it. The repair was holding fine but they must have really thrashed her as the repair let go and there didn't seem to be any coolant visible in the radiator. I hope it wasn't seriously over heated. I won't know about the actual condition mechanically till the ignition can be repaired and the car started. Any suggestion in terms of a security system if the car checks out ok?

Michele

EddieSVX 07-18-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviatrix
Any suggestion in terms of a security system if the car checks out ok?

A nice, warm, insulated garage. :D