The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Suspension changes (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26371)

MisanthropyV 05-23-2005 06:33 PM

Suspension changes

Hey there all.

As most of us are aware the wheel arches of our beautiful car, along with alot of other cars, give off a sort of 'illusion'. The way the rear wheel arches have a flatter top where the front arches have a rounded appearance gives the effect that the back of the car is sitting lower than it actually is.

This effect is only increased with aftermarket rims, where the wheels are closer to the arches.

On the front of my SVX I have about a 5cm gap between the top of the tyre and the top of the wheel arch, whereas on the rear wheels the gap is about 0.5cm.

I was wondering (as no suspension place knows of aftermarket springs for the SVX in my country) whether the front suspension in our cars is the same as the front suspension in another Subaru??? For example a Legacy...

I would like to know this because if the suspension is the same, then I can order lowering springs for the front of my car and not have to reset the stock springs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Paulie

oab_au 05-23-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisanthropyV
Hey there all.

As most of us are aware the wheel arches of our beautiful car, along with alot of other cars, give off a sort of 'illusion'. The way the rear wheel arches have a flatter top where the front arches have a rounded appearance gives the effect that the back of the car is sitting lower than it actually is.

This effect is only increased with aftermarket rims, where the wheels are closer to the arches.

On the front of my SVX I have about a 5cm gap between the top of the tyre and the top of the wheel arch, whereas on the rear wheels the gap is about 0.5cm.

I was wondering (as no suspension place knows of aftermarket springs for the SVX in my country) whether the front suspension in our cars is the same as the front suspension in another Subaru??? For example a Legacy...

I would like to know this because if the suspension is the same, then I can order lowering springs for the front of my car and not have to reset the stock springs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Paulie

Hi mate, can't say what will fit, or who can make you a set. I do know that our car has springs that are 0.5" higher than the other models, to account for our misrable roads. The height to the top of the wheel arches is;
380mm front, 325mm rear.
Springs from a Liberty will have a lower spring rate, to be too soft for the SVX, but may have the same overall fit. There are a number of after market spring makers around, though they would need the car to make different ones.
Harvey.