The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My first ogling... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9155)

CigarJohnny 03-05-2003 05:13 PM

My first ogling...

The other day I had, rather my SVX had, my first open ogling. In the 4+ months I've had my SVX I really haven't had anyone ask me what it was and rarely does anyone ever do a double take at it (at least not that I ever see). But it was all worth it when the other night coming home from work I met up with a slicky boy and his gal driving a blue WRX with all the rally crap on it turning onto the street I was on at a stop. He looked first to check the intersection then did a double take and leaned over his steering wheel as he stared at my SVX driving away from him like he never knew such an animal ever existed. I just looked at him and smiled as I drove past.

"Yeah, that's right...you're just driving a poor imitation of the real McCoy!" :D:D:D

Just had to share it. :)

subafan 03-05-2003 05:39 PM

dunno if i posted this yet... about a month ago on my way to chicago.... i was at one of the toll stations.... and the change lady said... my god, you're driving a svx! i love those cars.....

needless to say, a gloomy day got better right then....

Tim 03-05-2003 06:48 PM

I get looks from everyone at my high school.

I'm expecting them to look again when I wash, wax and polish the car and rims :)...

Oh and clean the headlights and take out all the dings :)

zamorush 03-05-2003 06:58 PM

Sort of competition..............

Quote:

Tim, I know how it feels.............. I used to be the only one owning this beauty in my college. Recently I met another proud owner. Actually I haven't met the owner yet, but hopefully will. And the best part, it is her too. Although on my call (note on the windshield) to make a meet, she just said "thank you" but nothiing more. Not sure if I should pursue the idea of meeting her further.

But yeah, have you guys noticed that a lot of people who own and drive the subaru other then SVX, do not know about SVX?

Tim 03-05-2003 07:11 PM

The subaru dealer near me didnt know what my car was! Well, the salesmen I mean. :)

Subafreak 03-05-2003 07:17 PM

Thats just sad.

It's weird when people do know what it is, but don't own one.
Like a 40 something mom going into Walmart.

But on the other hand it's cool when people have no idea, it's very easy to convince them it's a brand new model.

LarryIII 03-06-2003 05:31 AM

When I bought the 94 Pearly from Jim, we had to change the title. We parked both SVXes out in front of the place . The front was one big glass window. The young lady doing our paper work faced that window. When she asked "Whats's an SVX", Jim, Rosie, and I stepped aside, pointed to the window and said "there's 2 of them." She loooked and said "which one. " Jim said, "the white one." She looked incredulous and said, "that's a 94". We all said yes. She asked "what year is the burgundy one." Rosie said "97." Then she wanted to know where to find a 2003 and who was a good dealer in the area. I told her that Suby doesn't make them any more. She really liked the SVX.

Aredubjay 03-06-2003 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221

I'm expecting them to look again when I wash, wax and polish the car and rims :)...

Oh and clean the headlights and take out all the dings :)

I know how you feel. I get looks from everyone at my high school, too. But, I think it's more the fact that I'm 47 and still in high school than my SVX. :D J/K :D:D:D:D

They're raising the drinking age to 35 in Kentucky in order to keep alcohol out of the High Schools. :D

benebob 03-06-2003 08:51 AM

ogling

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I know how you feel. I get looks from everyone at my high school, too. But, I think it's more the fact that I'm 47 and still in high school than my SVX. :D J/K :D:D:D:D

They're raising the drinking age to 35 in Kentucky in order to keep alcohol out of the High Schools. :D

Wow! I never knew you had high schools down there in Kentucky. I've always been told that every able young man received a still at the age of 16 and was sent packing.:D

Aredubjay 03-06-2003 08:55 AM

Re: ogling

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

Wow! I never knew you had high schools down there in Kentucky. I've always been told that every able young man received a still at the age of 16 and was sent packing.:D

Why do you think they call them "high" schools? :D

benebob 03-06-2003 09:02 AM

Re: Re: ogling

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Why do you think they call them "high" schools? :D

:D :D :D

Green1995SVX 03-06-2003 09:47 AM

My favorite story:

Last summer I was driving in dowtown Pittsburgh on 7th street (Theater District). I was sitting in some traffic and a kid (Probably about 10 years old) walking down the street with his father yells to me through my open window, "Nice Car!!!" That really made my day. :)

Mike

LarryIII 03-06-2003 10:43 AM

Re: ogling

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

Benebob,

I think you mean West (By-God) Virginia.

Chicane 03-06-2003 11:11 AM

I don't know people like the car, or they're staring at the weird windows. >shrug< I get a lot of looks.

MNYPNNY 03-06-2003 11:32 AM

Deep down I'm truly vain :D

I've always loved the looks my car gets (I know it's really not me). And now that she stands out so much more, there are more looks. I don't actually get to see most of these looks as I'm concentrating on my driving :p, but Chris is constantly saying, from the passenger's seat, "that guy's gonna break his neck if he turns any farther."

What I think is fun is going through our local Taco Bell drivethru late on a Sat night (when all the kids work). They all flock to the pickup window to ogle.

~~Michelle
(and my mom still says "they're not looking at your car" :rolleyes: )