The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please help me with subaruparts.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4305)

strange179 05-28-2002 12:35 PM

Please help me with subaruparts.com

I have placed an order with Subaruparts.com and I need to contact them regarding it. They left a msg on my answering machine but neglected to leave a call back number. I sent them an email but got no response to that. I found one phone number on their site but I called it twice and was on hold so long that I gave up both times. I have to do this from work so I can't stay on the phone all day for personal affairs. Can someone please give me a phone numbet where I can actually talk to a person? Or maybe an email address that isn't ignored? This is my second order through them and I have had problems like this both times. This is very frustrating and not very confidence inspiring.
Thank you to anyone who can help me.
Jay

Beav 05-28-2002 12:41 PM

This seems to be their modus operandi. Maybe we should all order one or two items and refuse them at delivery, that should get someone's attention...

Aredubjay 05-28-2002 12:50 PM

Re: Please help me with subaruparts.com

Quote:

Originally posted by strange179
I have placed an order with Subaruparts.com and I need to contact them regarding it. They left a msg on my answering machine but neglected to leave a call back number. I sent them an email but got no response to that. I found one phone number on their site but I called it twice and was on hold so long that I gave up both times. I have to do this from work so I can't stay on the phone all day for personal affairs. Can someone please give me a phone numbet where I can actually talk to a person? Or maybe an email address that isn't ignored? This is my second order through them and I have had problems like this both times. This is very frustrating and not very confidence inspiring.
Thank you to anyone who can help me.
Jay

Jay,
Try PM'ing Ryan (subaruparts.com). He may be able to light a fire under them, or, possibly give you a back door to get into the folks there.

I've promoted and built up these guys. It's beginning to make me a little agitated. Every time I think they're coming back, they begin to foul up again. I'm beginning to think I'll have to pull my support in favor of 1stSubaruparts.com if things don't get A LOT better.:mad:

strange179 05-28-2002 12:57 PM

info

thanks Randy, I'll try that. I hope things do get better. I like having the source online for parts but the hassle is getting to be too much.
Jay

Mr. Pockets 05-28-2002 01:29 PM

Jay, I've been there. Really. I was sick and tired of never getting replies and never talking to a person.

So I looked up the dealership that runs subaruparts.com. I called the front desk. Now, the first time the lady didn't let me finish my sentence and she patched me through to the same old recording that you're getting. I called back, demanded to talk to a person and got Trish. She was very helpful and cancelled my order on the spot, as I requested.

I am currently buying some expensive parts through 1stsubaruparts.com. I'm taking notes the whole way and I will relay my experience to everyone here when the transaction is complete. So far, though, the fact that I can talk to a person every time I call is a huge improvement.

I just searched for the dealership again (I did not write the number down the first time). I believe the number I just found iss the number I called before. 253.473.6200

Good luck.

strange179 05-28-2002 02:23 PM

SWEET!

It worked, I called that number and I got to the front desk/receptionist. I told her that I wanted the parts dept for Subaru and I immediately got to a person in the parts dept. The guy was really helpful and we got it taken car of. Thanks Mr. Pockets.
Jay

Mr. Pockets 05-28-2002 03:51 PM

Re: SWEET!

Quote:

Originally posted by strange179
It worked, I called that number and I got to the front desk/receptionist. I told her that I wanted the parts dept for Subaru and I immediately got to a person in the parts dept. The guy was really helpful and we got it taken car of. Thanks Mr. Pockets.
Jay

I'm glad it worked out for you. I don't know what will happen if more people start calling that number. Either the front desk receptionist will stop relaying calls to an actual person or it will serve as enough of a hint to the management that there is a big, big problem.

1994SubaruSVX 05-28-2002 04:10 PM

i will be ordering....

my brake hardware kit from 1stsubaruparts.com. :)

immortal_suby 05-28-2002 04:55 PM

I ordered $100 worth of gaskets form subaruparts.com online on a saturday and received them the following thursday - I was pretty pleased with the service.
I ordered 2 knock sensors from 1stsubaruparts the next day and have not received them yet. I wouldnt say that is bad but I was surprised that subaruparts beat them on delivery after all the bad news I heard about them on here lately.

subymtnguy 05-28-2002 05:14 PM

subaruparts.com

I ordered a set of FSM's on May 14th.....still waiting....

Mr. Pockets 05-28-2002 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I ordered $100 worth of gaskets form subaruparts.com online on a saturday and received them the following thursday - I was pretty pleased with the service.
I ordered 2 knock sensors from 1stsubaruparts the next day and have not received them yet. I wouldnt say that is bad but I was surprised that subaruparts beat them on delivery after all the bad news I heard about them on here lately.

We have happy and unhappy subaruparts.com customers here. I'm both - some stuff I've received without a problem, some stuff I haven't. But here's the way I look at it:

If both places are inconsistent, I'm still going to go with 1stsubaruparts.com. Because at least there I can talk to a person without having to jump through hoops.

The jury's still out on 1stsubaruparts.com. Subaruparts.com has proven that they are, at the very least, terribly inconsistent.

Aredubjay 05-28-2002 05:27 PM

Not true "Pockets." They are consistent in their inconsistency. :D

ensteele 05-28-2002 06:57 PM

subymtnguy

I ordered my FSMs and only got a partial shipment, and it has been quite some time, and I still have not received them. I called subaruparts.com, and asked for Trish. She said that the manuals were on back order, and that they had called Subaru and were told that they were in the process of printing more. They were not going to do that at first, but they are doing it now. It should not be much longer than 3 to 4 weeks. :confused: At least I got an answer, even though we still don't have the manuals.:rolleyes:

Earthworm 05-28-2002 07:47 PM

We must all understand that a lot of these issues are not the fault of subaruparts.com but a matter up supply. I think the majority of the parts I've ordered for both my SVX and Justy have needed to be shipped from Japan when they were not in stock locally. This usually involved a 2 week delay for me.

I'm still waiting for the "protectors" I ordered nearly 2 months ago. They are part #4 on the following page:

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=921-A

Fortunatly I'm a patient person and the parts are not a high priority to me.

William Covert 05-30-2002 04:40 PM

I have ordered from subaruparts.com 4 times since I purchased my SVX in March. I have been extremely happy all 4 times(knocks on wood). I have a Subaru dealer 3 miles from my house with an extremely helpful and knowledgeable parts guy,but they cant (or wont)touch subaruparts.com prices.It is too bad everyone hasnt had the luck I have had with them. They have saved me alot of money so far. BillC