The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Might be putting it on the block (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61475)

Conn SVX 03-24-2013 04:44 PM

Might be putting it on the block

Wife has an idea of buying a 2005 Mazda Miata, retractable Hardtop that just got repossessed at the local credit union. Not having enough room for 3 cars and 3 motorcycles, and other toys, I may have to put my SVX up on the Auction block. Still trying to fig out a way to keep it , but prospect are not good. My only hope is someone buy the Miata soon. I have no idea what I would ask for it at this point. Trying not to think about it.

benebob 03-24-2013 05:20 PM

Re: Might be putting it on the block

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 721571)
Wife has an idea of buying a 2005 Mazda Miata, retractable Hardtop that just got repossessed at the local credit union. Not having enough room for 3 cars and 3 motorcycles, and other toys, I may have to put my SVX up on the Auction block. Still trying to fig out a way to keep it , but prospect are not good. My only hope is someone buy the Miata soon. I have no idea what I would ask for it at this point. Trying not to think about it.

Ouch. Sorry on all accounts.

Sean486 03-24-2013 06:24 PM

Conn, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in that one if you decide to sell it.

SVX92-97 03-24-2013 09:41 PM

John, I suggest you get rid of one or two of those bikes if you need room for another car. I know how much you love the svx, so this is not like you. Who would this toy be for you or your wife. She has her Honda, and you have the svx. Why do you need three bikes anyway. :confused: Keep the svx buddy.;)

bishop 03-24-2013 10:35 PM

Dont do it Mr. Conn D:

Subix 03-25-2013 04:10 AM

You'll regret it for the rest of your life. There's always a way :D just make it happen.

Conn SVX 03-25-2013 07:06 AM

Removing the motorcycles will not make enough room in the garage. 24x18 garage. It is a cool car. 6 speed retractable Hard top. I could live with it. I would have to get some decent $$$$$$ for the SVX to make it worth my wihile. I have 3 sets of rims and tires 2 on mags one on stock rims 16" 17" 18" new Blizzak snows on the 17" and new Proxie on the 18" the stock have worn Connie Contacts . The SVX runs great no issues. I hate to part with for sure.

benebob 03-25-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 721589)
It is a cool car. 6 speed retractable Hard top. I could live with it.

How many times did you need to say it before you convinced yourself of it?:lol::lol::lol:

Conn SVX 03-25-2013 04:18 PM

I have to say it will not get the attention the SVX does. Maybe some with the top down. With it up it is just another small sports car. I checked the price unless I can get them to drop down to what is owed on the car, I would need to get a lot for the SVX. What do you fig I could get for it? Anyone have an idea? It has a ton of upgrades. Not much more can be up graded . It is a 2004 WRX 5 speed with stage 2 clutch. Runs like a new car no rust ,no dents ,no rips,no issues.

svxcess 03-25-2013 05:00 PM

Hard to say on price. We never get out of these cars what we spend on them in money, time and enthusiasm. Some people want a project to challenge them; while others want a turn-key, problemless car, with everything already done, that they can immediately enjoy, and are willing to pay for that privilege.

But most owners of cars in the latter category have no interest in parting with them.

Sunvalleyray in Salt Lake City just sold his 1995 SVX to a older gentlemen from Minnesota who had previously owned one and wants another. *First caller and for asking price of $8950.00.

Never drove it and bought it sight unseen, after only seeing photos. Will be shipped to MN.

EdWindows 03-25-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 721571)

If she wants it, make her sell her car. It's no fair that you have to give up your favorite car that's way better than any Miata ever. :rolleyes:

Conn SVX 03-26-2013 05:31 AM

Her car is an Automatic 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. I would get killed in depreciation. And she don't want to drive a Stadard full time. Still not on the block yet.... I do not think I would get enough for the SVX to justify it.