The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My Fav driving street (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13149)

Motorsport-SVX 09-12-2003 09:11 PM

My Fav driving street

1 Attachment(s)
to put my Svx thru its paces....
well, its one of my favs......
Post yours !!

Darksied-X 09-12-2003 09:14 PM

Next time I'm out that way, I'll take a pic of Cannabis Lane.:D

Mr. Pockets 09-16-2003 10:54 AM

My favorite roads were all in Vermont. Some of you got to drive those roads yourselves.

There was one road very close to the route I planned for my meet that I very specifically didn't tell anybody about. The road went up the side of a mountain and had banked, VERY tight switchbacks. You just wouldn't even understand how cool this road was unless you saw it.

But I was pretty certain that, if I took that many people on it at once, somebody wouldn't make it out alive. :p

Really, my opportunities for fun roads have diminished with every move I've made. Michigan was okay, but seemed so flat. Man, I didn't know flat until I moved to central Illinois. There are just no features to the terrain here - no hills, no water. So every road is straight and flat.

GreenMarine 09-16-2003 11:42 AM

My favorite road is a no brainer... and I shouldn't have to post pics up because everyone should know it already!!!! It's the Dragon!!! US-129.... In western NC...

GreenMarine 09-16-2003 11:53 AM

Also have an awesome road up in Morgantown WV called Snake Hill RD... That road is like the Dragon only about half as wide and not as many turns.... But still a blast to blast down!!!

Seraph 09-16-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
My favorite roads were all in Vermont. Some of you got to drive those roads yourselves.

There was one road very close to the route I planned for my meet that I very specifically didn't tell anybody about. The road went up the side of a mountain and had banked, VERY tight switchbacks. You just wouldn't even understand how cool this road was unless you saw it.

But I was pretty certain that, if I took that many people on it at once, somebody wouldn't make it out alive. :p

Really, my opportunities for fun roads have diminished with every move I've made. Michigan was okay, but seemed so flat. Man, I didn't know flat until I moved to central Illinois. There are just no features to the terrain here - no hills, no water. So every road is straight and flat.

You moved to IL? When? :eek:

Mr. Pockets 09-16-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

You moved to IL? When? :eek:

HA! A few weeks ago. My first day at my new job was September 2nd.

JLittell 09-16-2003 12:31 PM

Red Mountain Pass (Colorado) going REALLY fast downhill.

montypython 09-16-2003 01:34 PM

The Hard Knot & Wrynose Pass in the Lake District of England.
I haven't driven it for over 30 years, but I can imagine it now ....... Breathtaking:cool: :eek:

Ron Mummert 09-16-2003 08:06 PM

Any of you Vermonters take the SVX for a hike up Mt. Equinox near Manchester, off Rt 7?
I almost made it to the summit.

Ron.