The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LITTLE things that IRK you about the SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34297)

rvnmaniac 07-19-2006 07:17 AM

LITTLE things that IRK you about the SVX

I'm not referring to the more obvious SVX problems, i.e. transnmission failures, warping rotors, bearring replacements but list the small items like drooping sunvisors etc etc.........
What ticks me off almost daily is the release button on the center console. My elbow just seems to fit right in that exact spot. So the console is forever being released and lifts up when i lift my arm up AARRHHHHH

92SVXLS-LDC 07-19-2006 07:21 AM

same problem!...

something else i've noticed... (since i had a saab 9000 cse before my svx) when i close the svx door with the window open, the glass clatters around sounding very cheap....

SubaSteevo 07-19-2006 07:27 AM

I have an annoying interior rattle from the right rear. I've taken the entire rear apart to try to find it, and dynamatted with no luck.

My solution thus far has been to turn up the volume on my stereo.

RSVX 07-19-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
I have an annoying interior rattle from the right rear. I've taken the entire rear apart to try to find it, and dynamatted with no luck.

My solution thus far has been to turn up the volume on my stereo.

check the little plastic cover for the child restraint system in the speaker grill.

DarknessofDeath 07-19-2006 08:14 AM

i have the same problem and have checked the little tab as well...though i have my guesses on a few other things..need time to take it apart

SubaSteevo 07-19-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
check the little plastic cover for the child restraint system in the speaker grill.

That was the first thing I took off trying to fix it.

gest24 07-19-2006 09:56 AM

My passenger side window seems to be off the track or something because it won't close all the way without help from me.

msvx95 07-19-2006 10:04 AM

My center consol never opens...I have to slide it back slighly with one hand, then push teh button with the other.

People who slam my doors from the passenger side...the window will rattle...but geesh...not so hard!!!

Scratches on my driver's window...they r buggin me

Turning the a/c on , right away the fan blows on full blast...sounds like a shop vac...I always have to set the fan to low...WTF!

Sweaty back in warm weather from leather seat...even w/ shirt on....lol

Radio door slightly interferes w/ ashtray door and I need to manipulate the door with pinky and thumb to open.

Um that's it until I think of more :)

intellibomb 07-19-2006 10:56 AM

worn out ass stock shocks that bottom out everywhere

the guide on my drivers side window is fukt and the glass is now scratched. :(

the wrong color front window

my trunk lid, always getting slammed, even if gently dropped.... you have to set it down, then click it closed.

oooh

when the security system is not armed and you push the remote button: "Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbepp" as opposed to "beep" and "beepbeep"

Earthworm 07-19-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvnmaniac
What ticks me off almost daily is the release button on the center console. My elbow just seems to fit right in that exact spot. So the console is forever being released and lifts up when i lift my arm up AARRHHHHH

2 hands on the wheel, sir. :D

n00b on demand 07-19-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gest24
My passenger side window seems to be off the track or something because it won't close all the way without help from me.

Mine too!!

dcarrb 07-19-2006 01:15 PM

The most irksome thing about an SVX? Fake wood.

dcb

rvnmaniac 07-19-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
2 hands on the wheel, sir. :D

Actually i do NORMALLY keep 2 hands on the wheel but instead of the 10/2 o'clock position my hands are normally in the 8/4 o'clock positon or maybe even 7/5, so there for the right arm is normally on the center console and left arm on the door console, pretty comfortable. That changes depending on traffic... then there are the times when the knee is doing the steering but we will not talk about that, it drives my wife crazy.......

rvnmaniac 07-19-2006 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=msvx95]My center consol never opens...I have to slide it back slighly with one hand, then push teh button with the other.

The console thing is easy to correct. Loosen the 2 screws that hold it in place. Then tighten it while sliding it back as far as you can towards the rear of the car. Just did that this weekend because one of the screws had worked itself loose. Now i can push the release button and she pops right up.

svxcess 07-19-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intellibomb
when the security system is not armed and you push the remote button: "Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbep" as opposed to "beep" and "beepbeep"

That usually happens when the "SECURITY" button on the dash is turned off. The car's way of letting you know the security system ids not on. Press the button on the dash and try again.