The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Working as designed? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24954)

Earthworm 03-10-2005 08:09 AM

Working as designed?

1 Attachment(s)
I noticed a quirk with the new design. I'm browsing through 3 pages of new posts and while on the 2nd screen I refreshed the page and noticed one post to be out of order. The only thing that may explain it was that someone posted in the thread and when I refreshed it reflected the new post but didn't move it to the top of the list.

See the attached pic for what I mean

lhopp77 03-10-2005 08:53 AM

Seeing Things?

I thought I was seeing things too. I read a thread and posted a reply. Later when I came back to it there were several posts between what I had read and my post. Like some posts were out in limbo and just suddenly appeared later.

Lee

CigarJohnny 03-10-2005 09:12 AM

That's interesting. I also noticed that in your sceenshot the "stickies" are not at the top of the list like they usually are. Shouldn't they be?

RSVX 03-10-2005 09:14 AM

Johhny,
When using the "new posts" feature... stickies are not STUCK per say... all posts are listed in the order in which the last reply was sent... most recent reply being top of the list.

This ties into Earthworms problem as well. With the level of activity on this board, it is MORE than possible that in the time that you posted you reply, and refreshed the other page, that someone else who had been writing a reply hit "submit".

So yes, working as advertised.

Remember, when using the "new posts" feature, the most recent post will always be at the top of the list. This can be verified by checking the time/date of you post, and the one listed about yours.

RSVX 03-10-2005 09:22 AM

Wow... I totally missed the hilighted portion of your picture... let me rephrase... LOL

OK, I admin/moderate another forum that has used this version of the boards since it came out. And the following is based on my experience only.

If you use the new posts feature, and you have read a thread, and then someone posts to it, it will re-highlight the thread that was updated and leave it in the position that you already read it in... It is a as designed... This way posts arent jumpping around the screen while you are left stumped, looking for it, especially when you have forums such as the one I moderate, that after checking the boards 30 minutes ago, can have 3 new pages of posts.

Earthworm 03-11-2005 10:14 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

The only reason I mentioned this is that the old format did not work that way. I actually prefer the old method in this case.

RSVX 03-11-2005 10:43 AM

on a board like this, that would be efficient, I agree... but on mine, I would disagree... You would never be able to keep up :D not that I do anyway.

SubaSteevo 03-11-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
on a board like this, that would be efficient, I agree... but on mine, I would disagree... You would never be able to keep up :D not that I do anyway.

What happened to the mark all as read? That was convient because then when I went to look at new posts, I knew it wasn't something I had seen already.

RSVX 03-11-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
What happened to the mark all as read? That was convient because then when I went to look at new posts, I knew it wasn't something I had seen already.

Its under the "Quick Links" Drop down menu two menus to the right of the "new posts" button.