The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   for how long... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15921)

SHISVX 01-24-2004 11:01 AM

for how long...

the US president is a term of 4 yrs with a top total of 8 yrs

how long is randy president for??

:D

Kelli

upnygimp 01-24-2004 11:10 AM

For as long as he wants to be....

Wait, I forgot-I don't have a say..

Landshark 01-24-2004 11:29 AM

should his title be changed to 'SVX Network Dictator'? :D

Shadow248 01-24-2004 11:43 AM

Anyone interested in a revolution?

Just for fun.

We'll put Randy back in power when it's over.

SHISVX 01-24-2004 12:46 PM

hrm...is there protectors watching the prez and his fam at all times???

wait....since randy is a political item...does that mean he is a big liar too????:(

has anyone tried to assassinate the prez??

all these things worry me now...

:(Kelli

Landshark 01-24-2004 12:50 PM

Randy has many body doubles, too. Mike has been spotted running around Pittsburgh with a fake beard, yellow mirror-dice, and zebra-striped underwear. :D

Seraph 01-24-2004 01:34 PM

It was supposed to be 2 months thing with actual voting at 10th anni. meet and the term is for 1 year. I have the constitution somewhere.

And a US president can have the longest term of 10 years.

MoreIBNR 01-24-2004 02:48 PM

Actually, an individual is limited to 10 years as president of the US.

Aredubjay 01-24-2004 04:47 PM

The election of officers ended on Feb 15, 2002. The president is elected to a two year term and can succeed himself only once.

Although the version of the constitution I took the following from does not say it, (I edited the version below), my term would end at the Reading meet in 2004 (Reading 5) since it is "sort of" consdered our annual meeting.

Of course, only dues paying members (with access to a special forum) can vote for officers.

Basically, however, the "Official Network" has been inop lately, so, there may be no more elections.

And, in fact, there was an attempt on my life. Someone tryed to induce a heart attack by placing yellow lighted dice in my precious car.

The excerpt from the constitution is below:

1. Officers

The officers of the Club shall consist of a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer.

2. Term of Office

The term of office shall be two (2) years. Incumbents may stand for re-election for one (1) additional term. The maximum tenure of any officer shall be four (4) years.

a. Succession of Presidency

Upon completion of the tenure of the President, the Vice-President shall become the President, and another person elected to the post of Vice-President. On becoming the President, the limitations of the Term of Office, as defined in Article IV, Paragraph 2, shall apply.

b. Special Provision for the First Election

For the first election, and the first election only, a President shall be elected. In following elections, a Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected.

3. Election of Officers

A. Elections

i. Frequency of Elections

Elections shall be held on a biennial basis, unless a special election is required to fill a post vacated by resignation, death or removal from office.

ii. Date of Elections

Elections shall be held during the month of April, on alternate years, beginning with the year 2002. Elections shall be held in conjunction with the Club's Annual Meeting.

Aredubjay 01-24-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
should his title be changed to 'SVX Network Dictator'? :D

I'm certainly willing to step aside, if anyone feels there should be a regime change. :p :D

GreenMarine 01-24-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Anyone interested in a revolution?

Just for fun.

We'll put Randy back in power when it's over.

:D:D:D Hehehee I almost fell outta my chair when I read this!!! :D:D:D I'll get the keys to the Armory!!! Meet me there with the Platoon!!

GreenMarine 01-24-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm certainly willing to step aside, if anyone feels there should be a regime change. :p :D

No don't Randy... How long have ya been President???

GreenMarine 01-24-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
has anyone tried to assassinate the prez??

all these things worry me now...

:(Kelli

Nope but intel shows that his SVXi have been sabotaged!!! It's a Revolution!!!! The XT club is attacking!!!!!!!

Seraph 01-24-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Stay put Randy. We need a SANE person in that position. :D

GreenMarine 01-24-2004 10:26 PM

He said in his speech at Reading 4 last year that "we keep him sane...., in his version of sane"... Hehehe, I have that video clip... :D:D